PDA

View Full Version : Do arms heal faster than other body parts?

Cancer
10-28-2005, 10:37 AM
I was wondering if training arms every other day is a good idea. I heard from a few sources that they heal completely in 48 hours. Other have told me to train them once a week because doing chest and back work them out alot.

MixmasterNash
10-28-2005, 10:54 AM
No. Train arms directly half as much as you train your legs.

ROMANMAN
10-28-2005, 10:59 AM
I agree.....

MixmasterNash
10-28-2005, 11:03 AM
And by train arms directly I mean chinups and dips.

Cancer
10-28-2005, 11:19 AM
And by train arms directly I mean chinups and dips.

No curling / iso excersizes?

Canadian Crippler
10-28-2005, 11:27 AM
You can curl and do iso exercises.

MixmasterNash
10-28-2005, 11:28 AM
You can curl and do iso exercises.

AFTER you do some real exercises. :D

body
10-28-2005, 01:08 PM
I was wondering if training arms every other day is a good idea. I heard from a few sources that they heal completely in 48 hours. Other have told me to train them once a week because doing chest and back work them out alot.

depends how hard you trian them really.

d'Anconia
10-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Well I think the bottom line is "why exactly would the arms be any different from the muscle in other parts of your body" to the point that they could heal faster?

muscleup
10-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Training certain body parts indirectly sometimes produce greater results.
Arms probably get the least amount of rest.
They are active in almost all lifts. If they are not active during the lift, then they probably loaded the weight on the bar before and after.

Just because they are not sore doesn't mean they are ready to be worked again.

Listen to Nash. Dips and Chins will make your arms big enough.

HILL
10-28-2005, 02:16 PM
All muscle groups are the same and require the same amount of time to heal as far as im aware. If your arms heal quicker it could be because you are not working them as hard as other body parts

AzBboy
10-28-2005, 10:19 PM
I wish I woulda never listened to people that told me not to train arms directly, definitely do your iso-exercises. My arms have looked the same for years, my benches and rows stayed at the same weight for a good year, all because I never trained my arms, believing that compounds were enough for em. I've added direct arm work not even a month ago, and already both my bench and rows have started going up for the first time in my life, not to mention my arms' structure is finally changing.

saleen281
10-29-2005, 12:38 AM
I agree with AzBboy. I used to only to compound lifts thinking my arms will grow like I have heard. They did grow dont get me wrong, but since I have been doing bi's/tri's once a week I have definately noticed a diff. My arms are very stubborn and are the hardest part of my body to grow. My legs have grown 2 inches in the last 4 months, I can only wish that my arms would grow like that. Id have those 18's I want!!!

arnoldsclone
10-29-2005, 10:28 AM
according to a study i read, arms heal faster, actually the whole upper body heals faster than the lower body. unless you overtrain like an sob you can train arms every 2 days( legs take 2.5 - 3 days to heal), i have an arm day where i do bi's and tri's so i can hit em hard and get the best bang for my buck. i like doing arms 2 times a week, my split goes bi's/ tri's/ abs, chest and legs, back and shoulders. i am only 21, i get good rest, and eat like 4500 cals a day. i don't overtrain either. i take ce2 and whey protein to speed up the process a bit. in doing an arm day all to itself i have gotten great results personally. i do do mon-thursday, then take off fri-sun so i fully heal every week though, i think a few days off are necessary to fill glycogen stores etc.