PDA

View Full Version : TBar Rows - Video

Anthony
10-29-2005, 07:08 AM
I posted this video in my journal last night, but I figure I'd get more of a critique if I post it out here as well. Positive and negative comments are welcome ... just keep in mind I already know I'm skinny and my form isn't perfect. ;)

http://www.wannabebig.com/vids/Anthony%20-%20TBar%20Rows%20225x5.avi

galileo
10-29-2005, 07:25 AM
Very impressive arms, *******.

bill
10-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Looks good like you had 5-10 more reps. lol You look pretty swole there.

getfit
10-29-2005, 08:15 AM
No doubt, Anthony looks incredible. Even from what i can see your legs look great

Beast
10-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Wow, huge gunz.

MM
10-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Four plates or five?

Looking jacked.

chris mason
10-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Good job Anthony! You are looking good!

dw06wu
10-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Form didn't look too bad to me. Impresive arms. How tall are you again? :D

Patz
10-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance here, but I thought T-Bars required one to be a bit more horizontal? You're definitely more upright than I would be. Granted, I do mine without an actual T-Bar, and just hold the bar with one hand at-a-time, but my free arm is resting on my knee..touching at the elbow--that's how horizontal I am.

Am I wrong?

You look huge and cut, Anthony!

edit: you did mention your form, didn't you? where would be "perfect form?"..just for the sake of education..

Roark
10-29-2005, 11:40 AM
looking awesome man

legs, arms, shoulders, everything

Garrix
10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
skinny my ass. Impressive stuff.

rookiebldr
10-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Form didn't look too bad to me. Impresive arms. How tall are you again? :D

He's a midget. ;) hehehe

Tony, I already told you what I think, so now it's my turn to get the 5 plates.

Rex
10-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Looking great man. I'm going to have to check out your journal.

chris mason
10-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Form is fine.

That looks like 3 plates? He is a weak midget so I can't believe it is any more than that...

:windup:

smalls
10-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Agreed, form is good. Not perfect but certainly good. And I'm pretty sure that 4 plates done very easily. Seriously you look awesome bro.

Anthony
10-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks very much, everyone. I appreciate it. Cutting sucks, but I gained some motivation after seeing the video and your comments certainly don't hurt. :)

That was my second set of 225 (5 plates) and I did 3 more sets afterwards. I'm using a 5x5 routine ... you can check out the numbers in my journal. I'm just getting back on track after a couple of semi-serious injuries, so I hope to be putting up some bigger numbers soon.

Again, thanks!

-TIM-
10-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Form didn't look too bad to me. Impresive arms. How tall are you again? :DHa, he's short.

Hi Anthony:hello:

Manveet
10-29-2005, 07:41 PM
First of all, you're big and lean, so shut the **** up!:D

Secondly, your t-bar rows are fine. You *could* bend over a little more, keep the chest and head up, but what you're doing looks fine.

lilmase1153
10-29-2005, 09:01 PM
I already mention this but you are still my under 6'0 idol..

Much hate you swole ass MoFo

Stumprrp
10-30-2005, 06:39 AM
sick!

Munky
10-30-2005, 08:39 AM
That excersise hits the lats right?

Coke
10-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Muscular and big, excellent video...I know you will be kicking much a$$ too in the fight game. Haven't been to your journal much lately but hope the door will always be open for you to host another video of mine if necessary.

bill
10-30-2005, 01:00 PM
I think he should pay to repaint that corner. Everytime someone does those at my gym they are told not too. Its such a good exercise !

the doc
10-30-2005, 02:38 PM
arms are huuuge

f=ma
10-30-2005, 03:23 PM
seems like t-bar rows youre doing have a much much smaller ROM than BB row though

[[[----]]]
10-30-2005, 09:38 PM
yeah, you have to bend over more, I try and make a 90deg. angle. It feels like it works better to me that way. Awesome vid

lilmase1153
10-30-2005, 10:33 PM
what you guys need to understand is not all people need to bend over at a 90 degree angle to get a good contraction. Look at Dorian Yates he was almost completely upright on his rows and he had one of the most impressive backs of all time.

So before you guys continue with this "your form is bad" BS, Do us all a favor and and keep your opinions to yourself and do some research Ok thanks :rolleyes:

Isaac Wilkins
10-31-2005, 06:25 AM
I thought you gave up on weightlifting, slim? You also look like you've been tanning...

tuttut

I would add a bit of weight and lean forward a little more. I like very long ROM T-Bar rows.

Wierz
10-31-2005, 08:24 AM
someone who looks like you is obviously doing something right, and therefore needs little correction from me. You look like a tank.

Your arms make me jealous. Damn you!

:)

Isaac Wilkins
10-31-2005, 01:03 PM
what you guys need to understand is not all people need to bend over at a 90 degree angle to get a good contraction. Look at Dorian Yates he was almost completely upright on his rows and he had one of the most impressive backs of all time.

So before you guys continue with this "your form is bad" BS, Do us all a favor and and keep your opinions to yourself and do some research Ok thanks :rolleyes:

Exactly. I, personally, like to bend all the way over with T-Bars and then come up to a "Yates' style" row, as I just posted.

When I do BB Rows I like to do them Yates' style. It all depends on what one can do with their lats. I like to go hard and loose. ;)

500squat
10-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Awesome vid......form looks good to me and your arms look pumped and full......keep up the good work man your looking good!

Relentless
10-31-2005, 02:48 PM
I like very long ROM T-Bar rows.

Anthony lacks the required equipment to get long ROM on that. His arms are too short. :p

That said, looks pretty solid, A-man. Personally I have tended to favour supported t-bars lately so I can get a greater ROM and not have the 45s whacking me in the chest but doing it the old school way like that looks much more hardcore.

Only form comment I have is that you *may* want to look up/ahead instead of down if you can; this will help you to keep a bit of arch in your back and I find I seem to get better contraction in the lats when I look up more as opposed to downwards. Maybe it's just me though.

Anthony
10-31-2005, 04:15 PM
timmmmmmmmay: lol. I make up for it in other areas. :p

manveet: lol, it's an illusion, I swear! I probably could keep my head up more, but for some reason it feels really comfortable like this. I tried tonight with my head up and I found I went loose for a split second.

dirty sanchez: thanks bro, I appreciate it. Trust me, once you cut up you'll surprise yourself how much bigger you look when lean. You'll be a badass for sure.

stump: nah, I usually only get puke in my mouth on squats or deadlifts. :D

munky: pretty much everything in your back.

cocoa: thanks dude. You know you're always welcome to post vids!

bill: I just throw chalk all over the place and they can't tell. :p

doc: thanks man. Not bad for not training them much, I guess. :D

fma: yep, the ROM is shorter, but I'm not a fan of BB rows. Still works the hell out of your back.

[[----]: just a variation in the movement, some people are horizontal, some are up straight. Thanks though. :D

mase: lol, thanks for having my back bro. Their comments are okay, though.

isaac: no way man, I'm still lifting! Just not very heavy. :( I think I tanned a week before that vid ... thanks for noticing big guy. ;)

wierz: tank. I like that. hahaha. Thanks man, I appreciate it.

500squat: thanks!

Scottie: har har! Thanks man. For the longest time I was using chest supported rows, but I find them really uncomfortable. The ROM is definitely greater, though. I'm not sure why my head stays down, definitely doesn't on deadlifts. But my back stays safe and tight and I'm getting good contraction ... so I'll take note, but I'm not *too* worried about it.

phew ....... if I missed anyone, too bad. :p

squat it all!
10-31-2005, 04:19 PM
anthony,

nice job, bro. that's similar to the form i use, and you're right, they hit pretty much everything in your back. keep it up.

Jin_Kazama
10-31-2005, 05:28 PM
Wow, great physique!

I like the idea of posting video's on this site. Maybe we could have a "posing routine" section. Or a "Lifts" section like this one here.

Good Stuff

Mission
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Finally posted a vid! :D Damn Anthony, you're looking ripped. Keep up the great rows, bro.

Anthony
11-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Thanks guys! I'll probably take some other vids before the end of year. I might even get some clips from the judo competition, but I'll have to see who brings cameras.

ericg
11-02-2005, 08:05 AM
I would vid the thing for ya but its a little to far for me to travel just for MMwA (Midget Mud wrestling Adventures).

ElPietro
11-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Way to move them plates!..........

...............2.5" :p

ectx
11-03-2005, 11:42 AM
rows look great to me...if anything I'd say maybe lean or bend a little more forward to get more of your lats engaged and less arms. You look great tony. and I hate giving you compliments so **** off. LOL