PDA

View Full Version : Calories

Shocker
01-01-2002, 06:04 AM
can anyone provide examples of the best way to work out your calorie count per day? I haven't been calculating this to date and want to start but I am not sure how many calories I should be eating to bulk up and then how many to cut down again. I presume that there caloric intake is in some way proportional to body weight, is this right?

I am currently aiming for a weight of 90K (which I am not sure of in lbs, I think that the translation between lbs/kg is 2.5:1) and want to know how to work out the right amount.

I am also thinking of maintaining a split of 40/30/30 protein/carbs/fat whilst bulking up a bit.

(also how can I find out the amount of calories in foods that dont have it on the label - or dont have a label.)

Any help on this would be great ~
thanks.

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-01-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Shocker
can anyone provide examples of the best way to work out your calorie count per day?

write down everything you are eating each day and workout the macro breakdowns. when you have them, multiply the protein count by 4, the carb count by 4 and the fat count by 9 and add them all up to get the total calories.

I haven't been calculating this to date and want to start but I am not sure how many calories I should be eating to bulk up and then how many to cut down again. I presume that there caloric intake is in some way proportional to body weight, is this right?

not necessarily, but if you don;t eat enough cals you won;t gain weight and if you eat much more than you need for growth alone you'll add fat. I can;t remember but i think a good general rule is 15 or 18 cals per lb of bodyweight.

I am currently aiming for a weight of 90K (which I am not sure of in lbs, I think that the translation between lbs/kg is 2.5:1) and want to know how to work out the right amount.

it's 2.2lbs per kg so you want to aim for 198lbs.

I am also thinking of maintaining a split of 40/30/30 protein/carbs/fat whilst bulking up a bit.

(also how can I find out the amount of calories in foods that dont have it on the label - or dont have a label.)

USDA (http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl)

Any help on this would be great ~
thanks.

No poblemo.