PDA

View Full Version : Currently bulking, when should i start cut

heatwave345
10-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey

I'm currently on a bulk and am liking my progress. I was wondering when should be the best time to stop my bulk and start going on a cut so I can become more fit?

i've been bulking since sept 1st and went from around 135 to 160 (I'm beginning to plateau a little bit tho). i plan on continuing until around 170-180, so would this plan be wise?

i'm male and around 5'11''

-thanks

spencerjrus
10-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Hey

I'm currently on a bulk and am liking my progress. I was wondering when should be the best time to stop my bulk and start going on a cut so I can become more fit?

i've been bulking since sept 1st and went from around 135 to 160 (I'm beginning to plateau a little bit tho). i plan on continuing until around 170-180, so would this plan be wise?

i'm male and around 5'11''

-thanks

The time to stop bulking is when you look in the mirror and want to break it because you are a hideous fat freak. Anything earlier than that and you are weak.

I would bet money the reason you are beginning to 'plateau' is because you are gaining weight without subsequently increasing the calories you eat. The bigger you are, the more you need to eat to gain at the same rate.

tigo
10-31-2005, 03:08 AM
usually people go on 12 week cycles

HILL
10-31-2005, 05:07 AM
Not really. some people spend ages bulking then ages cutting it depends on your goals. If you are wanting to hold as much muscle as possible then aim for 1 pound a week to loose. therefore depending on how much you have to loose depends on how long you cut for. this goes for the same with a bulk. If your bulking clean you may be bulking for 6 months or a year even depending on your bf%

TheGimp
10-31-2005, 09:34 AM
spencerjrus hit the nail on the head, bulk until you can't stand how fat you are.

usually people go on 12 week cycles
How big a sample size did you use?