PDA

View Full Version : Some advice on cutting

Jonny
10-31-2005, 04:35 AM
Just a few queries about what to do when cutting. I am a little unsure on how to maintain the bulk while cutting, I would like to begin cutting soon, but don't know how long to cut for and exactly what I need to do. If I do cardio 3 times a week for 16 minutes HIIT is this enough plus a 3 split programme 3 -4 times a week.

Currently I am 83kg, height 179cm

My current diet is

Meal 1
Protein Shake
T2
Porridge/skim milk

Meal 2
Protein shake

Meal 3
Protein Shake and fruit

Meal 4
185gms tuna and salad
Rye Bread

Meal 5
Chicken Breast
vegetables

Meal 6
Protein Shake
T2 Before Bed

Is this appropriate, is there anything that I am missing? Also if I am happy with my bulk, but just need to cut, what do I do to maintain size and fat% once I have reached what I want. Do I just eat the same and do the same at the gym, without going up in weights and maintain cardio or have I totally confused everyone. Would really appreciate some advice.

HILL
10-31-2005, 05:05 AM
Simply you bulk till you cant stand the fat then cut till you look how you want to. there is no good tracking your diet if you are not counting calories then your not going to get far. The idea is to cut fat while keeping as much muscle as possible. the best way to do this is keep your protein up high atleast 1-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight. keep your fats at a minimum of 0.5g per lbm and the rest with carbs. the idea is to find your maintainance then take off 500 cals. the more cals you take off the more you will loose. however the quicker you loose more muscle you will loose. For a person cutting naturally i would aim for between 1-1.5 pound a week 2 at a maximum. Im cutting at the moment if you wanna check my journal. Also instead of cutting 500 off some people will recommend 10 or 20%

Jonny
10-31-2005, 12:50 PM
cheers

Does anyone know a site which will outline how many calories are in foods, so that i can do a calories cound for my diet.

Built
10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
www.fitday.com

All will be revealed...

Great post by HILL.

For a cut, don't be afraid to let your fats go higher than 0.5g/lb LBM - they're great (with protein) for appetite suppression.