PDA

View Full Version : $#^%&!@ Blew my cut diet

bigsethmeister
10-31-2005, 11:46 AM
:bang: :mad: :alcoholic :drooling: :swear: :cry:

My gf and I enjoyed a nice three day weekend up north at a B&B which was a lot of fun but I completely blew my cutting diet. Had several drinks, big dinner, dessert, huge breakfast the next morning, we split a pizza the next day, and now I can't stop munching on halloween candies since I already blew it. Damn.

Will probably gain 5lbs or so which is about 5 weeks of hard work cutting.

Any body else have trouble with their cutting diet and just completely lose it now and then?

Antonious
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
It's really not that big of a deal, we all lose it sometimes, just get back to your cutting diet and you'll be back on track (if you already arent) in no time.

getfit
10-31-2005, 11:48 AM
i wouldn't worry about that much, just get back on track you'll be fine, it happens.

reeffish
10-31-2005, 11:58 AM
To gain 5 pounds you would have had to eat ~17000 calories above your maintenance. That's not easy to do in a just a couple days.

Just get back on the diet, it probably won't make as much difference as you think. It may even help somewhat if your metabolism was slowing down due to the cut, this refeed may just speed it up.

Geeper
10-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Chill, if anything it might rev up your metabolism a bit and you'll burn twice as many for the next day or so. Man, I alwasy CHEAT big time on sundays, even during a cut. And by cheat I mean 5,000-8,000 cals!

No big deal

ShockBoxer
10-31-2005, 12:01 PM
But since you blew it anyways, ever so briefly... Hit the gym and try and put 5lbs on every lift!

Might as well make sure those '5 lbs' go to the right places.

Unreal
10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
3 days is nothing. Dieting is measured in weeks.

Built
10-31-2005, 01:16 PM
I take a few days or even a whole week off dieting every once in a while on a cut.

And I'll go over at least an extra thousand calories a day.

It's no big deal - good for your metabolism, and you get a nice break from dieting as well as some killer workouts and pumps.

It really won't set you back. You'll see. Just get back to your diet.

bigsethmeister
10-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys. I feel better now :)

abwowang
10-31-2005, 02:20 PM
break up with her!
girls are the devil!
haha jk..
im just bitter..

SpecialK
10-31-2005, 06:05 PM
It's weird, normally I stick to my diet pretty well, but every now and then I'll cheat, and when I get done, I feel bad about it for awhile, giving me more motivation to stick to my diet in the future.

waynis
10-31-2005, 06:26 PM
:bang: :mad: :alcoholic :drooling: :swear: :cry:

My gf and I enjoyed a nice three day weekend up north at a B&B which was a lot of fun but I completely blew my cutting diet. Had several drinks, big dinner, dessert, huge breakfast the next morning, we split a pizza the next day, and now I can't stop munching on halloween candies since I already blew it. Damn.

Will probably gain 5lbs or so which is about 5 weeks of hard work cutting.

Any body else have trouble with their cutting diet and just completely lose it now and then?

Stop your whining!! Cutting takes dedication. Get some!

getfit
10-31-2005, 06:37 PM
^ yeah sure, but going of your cut for a few days and enjoying is no big deal at all

Unreal
11-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Ate a 1/2 gallon of Dreyers light, pumpkin icecream last night, to celebrate haloween. Even eating the whole thing, it was 1400 cals, brought my daily cals to 3300, and my weekly averageto 2350cals/day, which is still really low. My goal is to average 2500 cals a day over a week so I ate a bowl of oats afterwards. 4500 cal day, but weekly average was right on. Ahh, slept so good, feel great now. I was swore, twitchy, tired, and feeling it. Nothing wrong with taking a day off and refeeding.

Shao-LiN
11-01-2005, 07:01 AM
Cheat days can actually be beneficial psychologically. It gives you something to look forward to at the end of/or during your diet.

Don't sweat the small stuff. 3 days isn't a lot of time. It wasn't the greatest thing to do on a cut, but it won't be a major drawback on your cut. Just resume your diet and get over it.

Davidelmo
11-01-2005, 11:03 AM
To gain 5 pounds you would have had to eat ~17000 calories above your maintenance. That's not easy to do in a just a couple days.

How did you work that out?

ShockBoxer
11-01-2005, 12:00 PM
He multiplied 3500 (calories per pound of fat) by 5 (pounds of fat attained).

IRN-BRU
11-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Fat is tested, a pound of fat contains roughly 3500 calories of energy.

I = E + F

Energy In = Energy out + Fat. :-)

A good thing to remember when you cheat (on purpose or not), is that a moderate cheat (extra 1 or 2000 cals say) is good. It will boost your metabolism, save your sanity, let you have a break... An excessive cheat (extra 3500+ cals say) is bad for you, and may cost you a weeks effort.

That's how you stop yourself saying "Oh well I've blown it now, lets cheat more, I'm gonna be really fat anyway"... Stop after it's MODERATE, knowing you've done yourself some good.

bigsethmeister
11-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Finally got on the scale and found that I actually gained 6 lbs. Wouldn't have thought it possible in just 3 days.

waynis
11-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Finally got on the scale and found that I actually gained 6 lbs. Wouldn't have thought it possible in just 3 days.

carbs aren't exactly diuretics so your probably a bit bloated and holding some water weight. Looks like you loaded up on carbs. Don't get too concerned about that. There's no way you gained anwhere near 6lbs of fat in 3 days.