PDA

View Full Version : Eating for Wrestling

Hazerboy
10-31-2005, 09:19 PM
So I want to loose a two or three pounds of body fat in three or four weeks. Is this possible? right now I'm 5'10.5, around 168 pounds. I dunno what my body fat is but you can see my abs ok when I flex. I have no idea how helpful that is :-p

Also what is the best thing to eat at lunch before practice that is easy to make and will give me energy to get through our two and half hour practices? And what about right after practice and in the morning?

As I understand it, HIIT training generally burns more protein then endurance training. So should I be eating protein right before practice? Does that mean mostly carbs in the morning?

Also what would be most beneficial to eat right before a match, when I will most likely be tired, hungry, thirsty, and probably a little on edge?

HILL
11-01-2005, 03:06 AM
Watch what you eat and rop 500 cals you will loose the weight over a couple of weeks. Or if it is to make weight you can just drop water weight before the weigh in. Food whise i would have a carb load the night before the match then not much on a morning then some sort of energy drink and something fast acting before that wont make you feel sick. Lucozade tablets or something. However i am no proffesional so this is just basic stuff off the top of my head

Hazerboy
11-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Lucozade tablets? O__o

The prospect of supplementing anything during wrestling season is a little unnerving for me. Usually you're dehydrated most of the season, and it seems that usually when you supplement something you need to drink lots of water or else it is very hard on the kidneys.

Wow, no other replies?

What is good to eat during a tournament? Usually I'll have matches all day long and I'll need something to give me energy, that I can digest quickly, and that won't make me sick during a match. Any suggestions? If I can make it at home then that is beneficial also.

HILL
11-04-2005, 04:05 AM
Bananas i believe tennis players eat them during games