PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of cardio

basix
11-01-2005, 12:17 AM
HI,

Im fairly new to body building, been lifting for a couple months, only just now getting into eating correctly and started WBB1.

I'm about 70kgs (about 160 pounds I think) 5 11" 20yo, fairly skinny except for fat around stomach which I've always had and around chest(i've had mild gyno since puberty).
I'm currently bulking. Aiming for 3500-4000 cals per day.

Anyway my question is this: Is there any benefits of doing cardio except to burn calories. I don't have a problem having a fat stomach for the duration of the bulk so Im unsure if adding cardio will give me any benefits, as from what I've read here you cannot gain muscle and lose fat at same time.

I've also read that for a complete newbie its reasonable to gain muscle and lose fat when they first start training, is this true?

I've read alot on these forum but see alot of conflicting advice on this.

thanks

Built
11-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Newbies often enjoy a honeymoon period where they put on LBM while dropping fat.

This happens if you focus on your lifting (heavy, keep incrementing) and your diet (keep protein and fat up). Cardio can let you eat slightly more while you do this, but don't try to use it to drop fat. That part is the diet and the lifting.