PDA

View Full Version : Pre/Post Weights Vs Cardio

frankm007
11-01-2005, 12:25 PM
n/m

Built
11-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Only if it's interval training, at least from a fat-burning perspective.

I don't eat starches or sugars on non-lifting or cardio-only days to limit the insulin response.

But that's just me.

HILL
11-01-2005, 02:14 PM
All things aside if it fits into your calorie needs for the day then it isnt to much. If you not looking for an insulin sike like built mentioned or the best time to get protein especially as your talking about cardio it doesnt matter to much. I dont like to to or drink much within 45 mins to an hour befoe training as i get a dodgy stomach real easy

HILL
11-03-2005, 06:16 AM
To be honest ive never heard of some1 having a pre and post cardio meal/shake only pre post weight lifting. The only thing related ive heard of is in a body for life seminar that said you shouldnt eat within an hour of cardio as its one of the peak times of day to burn cals however thats not really relevant

HILL
11-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeh, just i mean id make sure you eat something to possibly combat any muscle loss if that sounds right? Keep on track with the rest of your daily cals and make sure you include the cals you have burnt from cardio and sorted

JoeG
11-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Hmm.. for some reasong i figured it was needed but i suppose it doesn't make sense, so instead, i'll eat a little more throughout the day and have a small snack/meal after the cardio.

Sound good?

I have found that if I run over eight miles then I bit of Endurox can help help my legs recover. That said I don't think it would help much for short term cardio work.