PDA

View Full Version : ~203.5lbs., 5'11

cakedonkey
11-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Just a rear lat spread. The definition is finally somewhat coming in (started cutting phase at around ~225lbs). It seems to be going quite well so far. Unsure of bodyfat %. Vascularity is faintly visible on forearms. I would think I'd need two more months or so before I'm "contest-ready". We'll see.

The pic attached is over a 9-month timespan. In the first pic, I was still "dirty bulking" and wasn't even thinking about a cut. The second pic was taken a few hours ago.

Patz
11-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Looks very nice, man. @ about 190 or so, you'll be looking very lean..

dw06wu
11-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Nice spread. Arms look like they're lacking a little compared to your back and legs, but the cut seems to be going well so you can worry about that later. Nice progress pics

cakedonkey
11-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I agree with both wholeheartedly. ~190s is what I want to be around ("light heavies", I think it's called). My arms do suck. I work them pretty hard too but it's time to start working them a lot harder. After I do a show I think I'm going to go on a huge bulking phase for at least a year or two to bring up some lagging features (arms, calves). I just changed the original post to reflect the progress I've made over the past ~9 months.

Built
11-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Oddly enough, your arms may respond better to LESS work, not more.

What does your current split look like, cake? (nice lat spread, btw!)

cakedonkey
11-02-2005, 12:53 AM
You are such a smart lady Built, and you are certainly right about that. "More" does not always equal better results in terms of training. What I kind of meant was more "intense" as opposed to "a couple more sets". Thanks for the compliment.

I would post my current split but Beast/Lok7y (two guys @ bodybuilding.com) set this all up for me and a part of the agreement was for me not to share anything. I will say this, though. It's based off of UD2.0-type concepts, if you're familar with that. It's that book by Lyle McDonald...

Built
11-02-2005, 01:00 AM
I have it.

And I understand about confidentiality, no problems.

Thanks for the props!

If you're ever looking for a change of pace, I've had excellent arm development from the split arrangement I've been using - feel free to have a peek if you like. It's in my picture thread linked in my sig.

The thing I like about it so much is that back gets hit twice a week but in different planes (meaning bis get an indirect hit both times, especially on lat day), quads get it heavy and light, hams get it heavy and light, bis get hit intensely and briefly on an leg day, tris the same, on another leg day, and of course, indirectly on chest day. Calves are always on upper body days. Chest and shoulders are on separate days - less rotator cuff strain. It's really balanced.

The parts don't fight each other - you're always fresh. Small, frequent hits.

It's worked very, very well for me.

Whatever your training, I'll be interested to watch your progress as you continue to develop. You're doing really well so far!

MM
11-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Finally, a new picture thread that lives up to the WBB name. Latspread is looking really good -- definitely an improvement over the first picture. I agree about the arms lagging, and might also suggest that the traps need some work. Are you planning on competing? When and where?

Nice work.

Gabrielle
11-02-2005, 09:57 AM
nice lat spread..keep it up looking ace