PDA

View Full Version : Pre shake vs pre meal

frankm007
11-03-2005, 05:42 AM
n/m

HILL
11-03-2005, 06:14 AM
I dont think it would be more beneficial personally as it will consist of the same micros at the end of the day and i find if i eat solid food pre workout i feel really sick which is why i still with shakes some1 may have some evidence however proving it is more beneficial

TheGimp
11-03-2005, 06:58 AM
I dont think it would be more beneficial personally as it will consist of the same micros at the end of the day

I think what you mean is it will consist of the same macros. The entire point is that it won't consist of the same micros, having additional benefits such as vitamins, minerals, fibre etc.

HILL
11-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Yeh i meant the typical breakdown of the cals/protein/cabs/fats and you are right it will have the additional benefits as listed above

Spartacus
11-03-2005, 12:55 PM
The most important thing is what ingredients you are using, not whether it comes out of a blender.

ReelBigFish
11-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Exactly, the benefit I would be looking at are the minerals, vitamins, fiber, etc that my pre-shake currently don't provide, BUT, is there any drawback to having a small meal/snack pre workout vs a shake besides the "full stomach feeling"?

the only difference is that you may want to wait a little longer before you workout if you eat the meal, so that digestion has time to take place.

TheGimp
11-03-2005, 03:25 PM
the only difference is that you may want to wait a little longer before you workout if you eat the meal, so that digestion has time to take place.

:withstupi