PDA

View Full Version : foods that are good for skin

doyoulikepie
01-01-2002, 03:52 PM
being 18 and getting spots (not bad but they are there) i was wondering what sort of foods are good to help stop spots, i drink alot of water (about 8 pints a day) .. so what should i be eating

post no. 1 ... wooo hooo

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-01-2002, 04:13 PM
twat of an age eh? :)

you're gonna get them either way - that's life.

you're drinking plenty water. good.

how much sleep do you get each night?

how much vitamin E are you taking?

how about folic acid?

are you washing your face regulalrly? with a exfoliator?

do you use good quality facial creams with added proteins and vitamins?

if it's really bad, have you been to the doctor? there are special creams and tabs to get off the health service if considered bad enough.

these measures won't stop them altogether but they can definately aid in improving the situation.

Joe Black
01-01-2002, 04:20 PM
i feel for ya. I was the same at 18.. fecking spots huh?

I got quite a clean face now so donlt worry it ain't forever :)

I found eating clean generally made my skin better. I also found all the oxy crap normally made things worst. I now wash with plain ole water, maybe some bodyshop natural wash now and again but thats about it.

Drink water, eat clean and do not stress about it. Bout all you can do :)

doyoulikepie
01-01-2002, 05:08 PM
na there not really bad, only got a few i was just curious as to if there was foods that made skin healthier ..

what do you get vitamin E in?

get abou 8 hours of sleep on average

and yeah i got told that it was best to just use water, so thats all i really use, and stuff like biactol just makes it worse

anyway thanks for your help

Joe Black
01-01-2002, 05:38 PM
i found with me the more sleep and less stress I got the better it was.

cherryswitch
01-01-2002, 06:50 PM
You could try Essential Fatty Acids - Udo's Blend is a good one, but you can get a different brand at any GNC. EFA's are very good for skin maintenance as well as having other health benefits.

CLPgold
01-01-2002, 07:24 PM
Try ProActiv's 3step cleansers. Face wash, toner and repairing lotion. It is amazing!

www.proactiv.com

=w=
01-05-2002, 01:11 PM
I agree with the above suggestions - one more you may want to give a shot is B5 (I havent tried it myself but have heard numerous people say that it worked for them).

Good Luck

Allie
01-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
are you washing your face regulalrly? with a exfoliator?

Chigs I just tried to explain to a guy why it's important to exfoliate LOL

Anyways the key to good skin is a long story. First you need to know what type skin you have... dry, oily, or combination (usually just oily in your T zone). From there you can choose a cleanser, toner, moisturizing combo. Drinking water and eating clean play into it, but those are long term variables, your skin won't clear up over night just because of those two things. But try to a good cleanser, if your oily make sure you hit some sort of a toner, and especially with winter you'll want to exfoliate to get rid of dead cells and moisturize your skin. I'm a huge believer in the Clinique three step skin care. As for the suggested Proactive stuff, I tried and got no results. I have played battle with my skin for a ong time and my dermatologist couldn't even get my skin to clear up, so you basicly need to try things and find out what works for you.

Wizard
01-05-2002, 03:22 PM
carots,yams,sex

heathj
01-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Proactiv didn't do sh*t for me.