PDA

View Full Version : Subway

Feva
11-03-2005, 11:07 PM
I work right nextdoor to subway.
I have stopped myself from buying Coke and having any sauce.

Is it really healthy? (It looks it to me, I just wanna be sure)

Nongan
11-04-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm not completely sure. I'm sure if you were just getting one of their x subs w/ less than x amount of fat (not sure the number) than their pretty healthy without all the extras like mayo and mustard and the likes, but I usually don't worry about it. I go to Subway every Tuesday (me and my friends, it's sorta a tradition) and I get the Chicken Parmesean, and I don't worry about how healthy it is, it just tastes so good, and I guess it's reasonably healthy, but I'm not too sure.

HILL
11-04-2005, 04:03 AM
If it fits into your calorie requirments for the day then there is nothing wrong

Geeper
11-04-2005, 04:09 AM
TOTALLY depend on what you get.. for me it's worst than MacDonalds. Just go to their website and start figuring out the nutritional info for what you are getting, it's not the healthiest thing to eat with all the fat, salt, and white bread... but depending on the rest of your diet and goals it might fit in perfect

tigo
11-04-2005, 04:09 AM
just ask for no or lite mayo.. and wheat bread

they have all the nutritional info in the store and online so you can check

Slim Schaedle
11-04-2005, 04:29 AM
I'm not completely sure. I'm sure if you were just getting one of their x subs w/ less than x amount of fat (not sure the number) than their pretty healthy without all the extras like mayo and mustard and the likes, but I usually don't worry about it. I go to Subway every Tuesday (me and my friends, it's sorta a tradition) and I get the Chicken Parmesean, and I don't worry about how healthy it is, it just tastes so good, and I guess it's reasonably healthy, but I'm not too sure.
Nothing wrong with mustard.

tj_muller
11-04-2005, 04:54 AM
http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/index.aspx

Anthony
11-04-2005, 05:00 AM
If it fits into your calorie requirments for the day then there is nothing wrong

:withstupi

One meal isn't going to make or break your goals. Think big picture.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-04-2005, 12:40 PM
The 6 grams of fat or less subs are the "healthy" subs they always talk about. Anything that doesn't have that label on the item is about 1000 calories or more and can have 40-50 grams of fat...but gawd they taste so good. :)

Griffin98
11-04-2005, 01:15 PM
It completely depends on the type of sub you're getting. Whole wheat bread, some veggies and real (not processed) meat. Do they have real meat at subway?

spencerjrus
11-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Damn these threads piss me off. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH FOOD THAT TASTES GOOD IF IT MEETS YOUR CALORIC REQUIREMENTS. FOOD DOES NOT HAVE TO BE DISGUSTING TO BUILD A NICE PHYSIQUE.

*finishes off his 2nd chicken bacon ranch of the day*

mrwalken
11-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Do they have real meat at subway?

no

Manveet
11-04-2005, 01:56 PM
if it fits into your diet, then it's fine.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Do they have real meat at subway?Everything is pre-packaged deli meats.

TheGame
11-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Subway isn't bad if you stick to wheat bread some veggies and double the meat. Stay away from the mayo, tuna, meatball,.....etc

spencerjrus
11-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Subway isn't bad if you stick to wheat bread some veggies and double the meat. Stay away from the mayo, tuna, meatball,.....etc

Meatball maybe I could understand, but tuna and mayo? What is wrong with those foods?

anasthetic
11-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Do they have real 100% whole wheat bread at subway? If they do, then there are tons of extremely healthy options. If their "wheat" bread is actually processed crap, then that's a lot of "bad" carbs to be eating at one time.

Unreal
11-04-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't think any of their bread is 100% whole wheat. Just brown colored white bread like most places.

russ
11-04-2005, 03:58 PM
anything processed isn't healthy for you. and i think it's safe to say that most of their ingredients/toppings are processed, and non-organic.

-TIM-
11-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Subway sucks. They need to learn how to keep their bread fresh.

spencerjrus
11-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Subway sucks. They need to learn how to keep their bread fresh.

Its hard to keep 2 week old bread fresh.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-04-2005, 05:49 PM
The bread isn't 2 weeks old...unless you go to a stupid ass Subway (there are a lot of them, actually...just poor management). I used to work at Subway and I'd throw out the crappy bread ASAP. The bread is frozen dough and then it sits in the bread riser and then put into the oven. I'd yell at people if I found bad bread (I'd also yell at people if the bread wasn't HUGE like it's supposed to be...I hate flat, smashed bread). The customers hate that crap. Big, fluffy, fresh bread is where it's at...damn it!

spencerjrus
11-04-2005, 05:57 PM
The bread isn't 2 weeks old...unless you go to a stupid ass Subway (there are a lot of them, actually...just poor management). I used to work at Subway and I'd throw out the crappy bread ASAP. The bread is frozen dough and then it sits in the bread riser and then put into the oven. I'd yell at people if I found bad bread (I'd also yell at people if the bread wasn't HUGE like it's supposed to be...I hate flat, smashed bread). The customers hate that crap. Big, fluffy, fresh bread is where it's at...damn it!

Well I believe you, but most of the Subways I have gone to the oldest person working there is maybe 15 tops. Not exactly your motivated hard working employees, and I doubt they give a crap how old the bread is.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-04-2005, 06:01 PM
You're probably right about that. I supervised younger kids when I was working there and I worked ALL the time...so they weren't allowed to **** anything up. If there is good management, or people who work there that generally give ****, then the bread and food should be fine. But after working there, I've seen how lazy and stupid some people can be. And I've been to quite a few where I returned the sandwich demanding fresh bread, and they have to remake it...because that's just messed up. The problem is, the employees have to get rid of the oldest bread first...but of course...you're also supposed to use good judgement when handling the bread. If the bread doesn't look fresh enough to eat...it's supposed to be thrown out. People just serve the ****ty bread anyway. Idiots.

Shao-LiN
11-04-2005, 06:03 PM
TOTALLY depend on what you get.. for me it's worst than MacDonalds. Just go to their website and start figuring out the nutritional info for what you are getting, it's not the healthiest thing to eat with all the fat, salt, and white bread... but depending on the rest of your diet and goals it might fit in perfect

You have a choice of breads: wheat, italian, white, etc.

Fat is totally dependent on what you're getting.

What's bad about salt?

To be honest, some of their items are pretty healthy.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-04-2005, 06:05 PM
What's bad about salt?Too much can cause dehydration and/or raise blood pressure.

TheGame
11-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Meatball maybe I could understand, but tuna and mayo? What is wrong with those foods?

I am amazed that a six inch tuna sub, has 34 grams of fat without the cheese, maybe I'll go eat a cheese burger instead.

spencerjrus
11-04-2005, 06:48 PM
I am amazed that a six inch tuna sub, has 34 grams of fat without the cheese, maybe I'll go eat a cheese burger instead.

I think both of those options are awesome. The more fat the better.

TTT
11-04-2005, 06:59 PM
The only non-processed meat I've ever seen at Subway was the beef in the Southwest Cheese Steak (or whatever it's called) sandwich. And even that tasted like it was loaded up with MSG.
So.... I'd say it's about 100% better for you than McD's, but still not as good as something you could make in your kitchen.

tigo
11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
the tuna is bad cuz they pit alot of mayo and stuff to make ti

Kayo
11-06-2005, 05:20 PM
so is subway like bad in the sense if your cutting weight but not bad if your trying to bulk?

gator
11-06-2005, 05:30 PM
The subway club double meat without cheese or mayo is like 780 calories and 78grams of protein, you can't tell me thats not a good sub. I'm picking up two right now, one for tonight and one for tomorrow. I'm in college and I live off of these things for dinner.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-06-2005, 05:48 PM
the tuna is bad cuz they pit alot of mayo and stuff to make tiYou have NO IDEA how much mayo is in the tuna (I hated making it). It's quite nasty. It's low fat mayo, however.