PDA

View Full Version : Some Myths About Westside Debunked By Dave Tate Himself

SW
11-04-2005, 04:14 PM
If you haven't already read this and have thought about or are doing westside, you may enjoy this www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/dtate4.htm

drew
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I've read it, it's good stuff.

I noticed he said nothing about the myth that a dude was thrown out the front window one time. Hmmm...

MixmasterNash
11-04-2005, 08:37 PM
But then you need a Scottish guy to come and help you relearn how to activate your ass.

Sensei
11-05-2005, 09:20 AM
But then you need a Scottish guy to come and help you relearn how to activate your ass.
I've actually had a similar experience to Dave's. Being really pressed for training time because of work and family, I was doing the powerlifts almost exclusively for a year. I ended up with serious hamstring/glute/lower back issues that have taken me several months to correct.

Just because you know what you need to do, doesn't necessarily mean you can implement that. We all need a kick in the ass occassionally.

drew
11-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Man, I hate doing what I need to do. I'd rather gimp along and keep doing what I want.

Isaac Wilkins
11-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Good thread, moved to the Powerlifting forum where it should be.

Those bodybuilding kids don't want any part of the Westside.

:p

SW
11-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Lol @ Borris. I so rarely post a thread that I forgot where this one goes. Good deal that it's here though. www.westside-barbell.com biotches!
Go there for some straight talk on westside.

jack_of_all
11-06-2005, 01:28 PM
I've actually had a similar experience to Dave's. Being really pressed for training time because of work and family, I was doing the powerlifts almost exclusively for a year. I ended up with serious hamstring/glute/lower back issues that have taken me several months to correct.

what exactly do you mean, could you elaborate?

i might be mis-reading you but as i see it you are saying that you didnt do any assistance work and ended up with some type of imbalances/injuries? im still relativley new to serious lifting and i dont do any assistance work, does someone like me need to?

MixmasterNash
11-06-2005, 01:37 PM
The three powerlifts are obviously not sufficient for balanced development. However, even with a typical amount of assistance work, like in a Westside program, the other muscle groups, and more importantly movement patterns, flexibility, and coordination, will all be adversely affected if a powerlifting routine is used for long periods of time.

The background we're referring to:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/dave_tate_story.htm