PDA

View Full Version : overcomming a diet plateua

AzBboy
11-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Supppp loccs. Have any of you ever hit a diet plateua? How do you overcome? Right now I'm at 3400 cals a day, I was having NO PROB eating 3300 the week before, and weeks before then ya no prob. All the sudden this week after breakfast im done for. I been making my cals, but its been work. Sometimes drinking 2 shakes a day, if I drink more than one a day I feel like a total loser, I HATE getting cals from shakes, they are IMO a huge backstep from learning to eat frequent high-volume meals. Does the stomach go through this phase where all the sudden you can't handle what you normally can? Will it go to normal? Thanks bunches everyone.

Manveet
11-05-2005, 03:55 PM
What exactly is your problem? You can't find the stomach to eat enough?

I say suck it up and drink those shakes. Your body will get used to it eventually.

spencerjrus
11-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Some people (myself included) just suck at eating high volumes of solid food. Drink those shakes or suck it up.

AzBboy
11-05-2005, 10:09 PM
No, you got me all wrong. For months this kind of high-volume eating was no problem. All the sudden though, this week, for some reason I cannot handle. Thats why I'm wondering what happend, can the body like plataue and not be able to down as much food anymore? Is it a phase? Has anyone had this crud?

dissipate
11-06-2005, 01:01 AM
i've been bulking for four months and today's my last day (thank goodness). i've been doing 3k cals on lifting days and 2.7k on non-lifting for the past two weeks. have had no problem with the increase in cals all along but started nauseous from all the food 1.5 weeks ago, especially at night. on same days i've had to skip some food otherwise i'd have puked. not sure if this is what you've been going through (?)

ShockBoxer
11-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Whereas I've had weeks where my body says "Enough of this low cal, low carb bull****. You're making me lift heavy ****... yes, you goddamn well want fries with that."

I'm beginning to think everybody's body has a comfort zone of calories and forcing yourself out of this range, one way or the other, for too long starts triggering a desire to return to the baseline somewhere in the brain.

Manveet
11-06-2005, 11:17 AM
No, you got me all wrong. For months this kind of high-volume eating was no problem. All the sudden though, this week, for some reason I cannot handle. Thats why I'm wondering what happend, can the body like plataue and not be able to down as much food anymore? Is it a phase? Has anyone had this crud?

Weird.

If you were sick I could see the problem, but if everything else is fine then I don't know what's going on.

cphafner
11-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Do you mean handle this like your not digesting the food (ie. you're on the can a lot) or you're just not hungry. If it's the second, suck it up and eat till you explode. If you're having a tough time getting cals try to add some high calorie foods to your diet, like nuts. Or add some oils (ie. olive, flax, etc.) to your shake. A couple of handful of nuts and 2 tbps of oils can easily add 500 calories to your day.

f=ma
11-06-2005, 12:00 PM
if youre not hungry for that additional measly 100 calories, add some flax oil to one of your protein shakes/day

problem solved

AzBboy
11-06-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm beginning to think everybody's body has a comfort zone of calories and forcing yourself out of this range, one way or the other, for too long starts triggering a desire to return to the baseline somewhere in the brain.

Haha thats one of the coolest theorys I've heard on the matter, and I believe that is what I am experiencing. Seems to make perfect sense, thanks for that enlightenment. Thank you all for your replys and for being the bomb.