PDA

View Full Version : Diet plan with some questions

gator
11-08-2005, 11:24 AM
As most of you know I'm getting back on a routine and increasing my calories from 1500 to about 3000 and then going to see what happens, then I might increase calories even more. 5'11'-6'0'' and 175lbs.

Meal 1 - Oatmeal with some milk and whey 450calories 30grams of protein

Meal 2- Tuna with lowfat mayo 250 40

Meal 3 - 6in subway club double meat 390 38

meal 4- PWO protein shake 590 60

Meal 5 - 6in subway club double meat 390 38

Meal 6 - low fat Cottage Cheese 300 40

2450 calories 250g/protein

How does this look? I need some more calories, so I was thinking of adding something else in with each 6in sub because thats not very filling. Maybe some peanuts, yogurt or possibly just a big glass of milk (i really do love milk), any suggestions on that? Also how does the overall meals look, keep in mind the calories and protein is just an estimate, as I haven't got the stuff yet, going to the grocery store tomorrow. Also I'm thinking about adding a little fruit cup in with my breakfast just because I have about 30 of them and need to eat them up, they are about 80 calories and no protein.

reeffish
11-08-2005, 11:46 AM
You already have lots of protein. I'd add fruits and vegetables.

diesel_dan
11-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I would add some milk with some of the meals. That will really help with the calories. Another thing, make sure you get at least 1 gallon of water a day. Also you should add the vegetable's into your meals, no questions about it. Are you tracking your calories on fitday? If not, I would really recommend that you do (even though its a pain in the butt). Find your maintenance calories then steadily up them for your bulk. That way you wont have to play a guessing game of how much calories you need.

gator
11-08-2005, 01:15 PM
I used the fitday to see how many calories I need it says about 3200 without any activity. However I think I have a slow metabolism, because I can gain weight easy, or so I think. So I'm going to get up to 3000 calories for about a week, up from about 1500 a week ago on my cut. See where that takes me and then go from there. Whats the best way to get some vegies in my diet? My subs are loaded with them, but other than that...keep in mind i'm in college and can't cook.

diesel_dan
11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Throw some in with your second and sixth meal or just whenever you get the chance would be fine. On fitday I don't worry about what the calories it says you need (you know your body better than it does), just use it to track calories.

Built
11-08-2005, 01:26 PM
:withstupi:

Also, you need more fats. Eat some avocadoes, raw nuts, natural peanut butter, olive oil, egg yolks, and don't forget butter - natural saturated fat is good for test production.

gator
11-08-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm going to put 1-2 tablespoons of natty PB in my shakes, also by raw nuts, do you just mean not salted? I have some dry roasted, do those count?

On off days since I'm not supposed to take the protein shake, should I be filling that in with another high calorie high protein meal or what should I do about that?