PDA

View Full Version : Losing the gut please help.

Sous_chef
11-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Ok so i've been working out for about 3 months now. I Know go to the gym everyday of the week. It's easy for me cause i live in a dorm at college so it's close. I burn 250 calories on the tread mill every day and i work out the upper body one day then the lower body the next. My question is i'm not losing my gut and my chest isn't becoming as firm and flat as fast as i'd like. I have changed to free weights for maximum effect. My question is what kind of diet it best for losing the gut. I know the common sense stuff like don't drink pop/ eat junk. Is there a certain food that packs it on the gut. Some people told me bread can do it i'm not sure. Would increasing your protein help.

here's my run down of my diet:

I eat no red meat. Only lean meats. Like turkey/chicken
I eat a very small amount of junk food a week.
I don't drink soda.
I don't drink or smoke

I only eat whole graint sprouted bread
I try and get as much veggies and stuff as i can but i don't think i'm getting alot.
my vitamin intake is very small.

Please any suggestions on diet improvment would help me greatly. Sorry if this is in the wrong section just tell me how to fix my post and i will.

Built
11-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Nothing wrong with red meat.
Nothing wrong with soda if it's diet.
Whole grain sprouted bread is fine, but it still has calories.

Go to www.fitday.com and track your calories, grams of protein, carbs, fat for a week.

Start a journal, post up your fitday macronutrient breakdown, and your training split. We'll see what we can offer.

Sous_chef
11-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Maybe i should explain. I am currently trying to follow the blood type diet. It's pretty much every blood type should consume certain types of foods and avoid others. Well i'm TYPE A so it says i should avoid red meats and flour. Idk if it's working or not lol. how do i track my calories and protein if i'm eating at a cafeteria where i don't know the nutrional values of everything i eat.

Built
11-08-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't think the blood type diet is useful.

If it was all that great, you wouldn't be here on a BB board asking how to lose the gut.

If you don't know how much food you're eating, there's no way you're going to get your bodyfat under control.

It's like running a business, and saying you don't like keeping track of your expenses or income, but you don't know why your business isn't successful because you keep your cash register under a pyramid all night and that's supposed to work on Squirrel cash register systems.

[[[----]]]
11-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Nothing wrong with red meat.
Nothing wrong with soda if it's diet.
Whole grain sprouted bread is fine, but it still has calories.

Go to www.fitday.com and track your calories, grams of protein, carbs, fat for a week.

Start a journal, post up your fitday macronutrient breakdown, and your training split. We'll see what we can offer.

listen to this chick!!!............................................................................................ ............check out her abs! she knows her $hit!!

Sous_chef
11-08-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm not saying i don't want to keep track i'm saying i live in a dorm so i can't cook for myself. Alot of the things i get are made at a cafeteria. How should i go about keeping track of let's saying a chicken stir fry with red thai sauce for example. my main question is there a CERTAIN food that packs it on the gut or a certain food/vitamin that aids in the reduction.

pruneman
11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Have any type Os tried to eat you?

Sous_chef
11-08-2005, 07:16 PM
lol not yet... This diet is more about improving digestion and allergies. You would be suprised how many of your allergies may be caused by the foods your eating. Anyway how important are vitamins to the process of getting fit? Or are they simply to regulate bodily function.

Unreal
11-08-2005, 07:30 PM
The food with more calories then you burn gets added to your guy. Without a calorie ammount, you have no hope.

Sous_chef
11-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Does anyone have a website i can go to, that can tell me how many calories i should be taking in a day. I think i heard 2500 was normal. I easily consume 1000 total calories daily so i think i'm well within limits.

Built
11-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Sous, I'm sorry, and I know you really want to believe in this, but you're going to have to at least estimate what you're eating and track it or there is NO way you're going to get your weight under control.

Built
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have a website i can go to, that can tell me how many calories i should be taking in a day. I think i heard 2500 was normal. I easily consume 1000 total calories daily so i think i'm well within limits.

No no no no no.

That's not how it works.

YOU track YOUR food on www.fitday.com and find YOUR maintenance calories.

These are the calories YOU eat to neither lose nor gain.

Then, you drop them by about 20% while lifting weights 3-4 days a week, heavy.

Sous_chef
11-08-2005, 07:52 PM
K i'm on the website now i think i get it. Thanks.

Unreal
11-08-2005, 09:42 PM
There is no way your eating 1000 calories a day and not losing weight. A 5 year old kid could eat that and lose weight.

HILL
11-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Tracking your cals is the only way to do it properly and have good results.