PDA

View Full Version : trouble controlling appetite

Eric Cartman
11-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Im trying to lose about 10 lbs right now, I'm currently 6 ft 1, and 165 lbs. My problem is that whenever I lift weights I get REALLY hungry. After a workout, I may try to eat medium sized meals, but about an hour later I'm starving. Sometimes on days that I lift I may eat 7-10 meals in one day! So my appetite is huge and I cant lose weight... any advice?

EC

Built
11-09-2005, 10:26 PM
what's your diet like now?
I find higher protein and fat works well for me on a cut, and I try to save as much of my food for after training as humanly possible.

Also, I take a few grams of fish oil with each meal (except for the postworkout carb and protein meals)

DNL
11-09-2005, 11:04 PM
at 6'1" and 165lbs.. why are you trying to lose weight?

Gain muscles!! =)

Chris686
11-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Heh, I gotta agree with DNL.
I can really give no advice on this though. I have a completely opposite situation.

thetopdog
11-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I can relate to Chris686, I have almost no appetite after working out

gator
11-10-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm sure you know this, but drinking water really helps on making your body think your full. Your still going to be hungry after lifting, but drinking a lot of water could help a bit.

tigo
11-10-2005, 12:44 AM
idont understand why you want to lose weight.. i'm 6'1 and 210.. and im not really overweigt,, but when i was 165 i was a twig

bschatz88
11-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Yeah, you do realize these are the WannabeBIG forums right?

gator
11-11-2005, 09:45 AM
After I work out I'm always starving. I've been increasing my calorie intake for about a week now as I'm trying to bulk, I dont have a probelm anymore with eating, I'm always hungry now, just have to make sure I dont eat too much as Im not sure how many calories my body needs.

Geeper
11-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Your body doesn't know what you want it to do... you work out, so it's trying to build muscle and gets hungry... at 6' 1" and 155 (where you want to be) you'd be a rake... eat healthy, put on muscle and that will make any belly you have dissapear...

I'm 6' and can't imagine being that size.. under 175 and my wife think's I look sick.. I run around 200. EAT EAT EAT

Sous_chef
11-11-2005, 11:45 AM
I hear mint makes you feel full. Try brushing your teeth or chewing some gum.

Eric Cartman
11-11-2005, 12:26 PM
The reason I'm trying to cut is because I still have a decent amount of fat around my waist. You can literally grab and hold a small tube of fat at my waist... You can barely see my abs, I dont look fat but I'm not lean either... I figured I'd lose 5-10 more pounds, then my abs will be visible and I will look in shape.

If I decide to gain 20 pounds right now, my stomach will be huge! If I'm 6'1 and 165 and still have a of fat on my waist, does this make me a freak of nature?

EC

Geeper
11-11-2005, 12:33 PM
If I'm 6'1 and 165 and still have a of fat on my waist, does this make me a freak of nature?

EC

No, it means you have very little muscle mass. At 6'1" and 155 lbs (where you want to be) you might get those abs you are looking for, if it's quite a bit of fat you might have to hit 145 to get some definition, but you are not going to look in shape, you are gonna look like a Survivor contestant or someone on a hunger strike.

Start eating clean, and a lot of food, lifting heavy and the belly fat will take care of it's self in time and you will truly look in shape.

spanky33
11-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Im trying to lose about 10 lbs right now, I'm currently 6 ft 1, and 165 lbs. My problem is that whenever I lift weights I get REALLY hungry. After a workout, I may try to eat medium sized meals, but about an hour later I'm starving. Sometimes on days that I lift I may eat 7-10 meals in one day! So my appetite is huge and I cant lose weight... any advice?

EC

this happens to me too. i find that if i feed myself whatever my body wants after a workout, i get full for a long time. it's just that it takes an abnormally large amount of food to get rid of the hunger in the first place. but just feed yourself after a workout. it's the best time to eat anyway

tigo
11-11-2005, 02:13 PM
build muscle man, then the definition will show

Eric Cartman
11-11-2005, 02:18 PM
No, it means you have very little muscle mass. At 6'1" and 155 lbs (where you want to be) you might get those abs you are looking for, if it's quite a bit of fat you might have to hit 145 to get some definition, but you are not going to look in shape, you are gonna look like a Survivor contestant or someone on a hunger strike.

Start eating clean, and a lot of food, lifting heavy and the belly fat will take care of it's self in time and you will truly look in shape.

Isnt your advice based on the myth that you can turn fat into muscle? If I eat a lot and lift heavy, I'll gain muscle+fat, right? And my belly will become even larger wont it?

Also, can you describe "eating clean and lifting heavy"... not too sure what that means yet...

Thanks!

Geeper
11-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Isnt your advice based on the myth that you can turn fat into muscle? If I eat a lot and lift heavy, I'll gain muscle+fat, right? And my belly will become even larger wont it?

Also, can you describe "eating clean and lifting heavy"... not too sure what that means yet...

Thanks!

If you eat a lot and eat clean you will gain muscle, muscle takes a lot of calories to keep and to build (for example a lot of guys on here with 6 pack eat 4000+ calories a day just to keep their muscle), if maintaining and building muscle is taking all your calories the fat will burn up.

Read the "what a body builder eats" sticky.. it takes effort to gain weight eating things on that list... and by lifting heavy I mean get a good routine going and use heavy weights (6-8 reps if you can do 10+ reps every set, the weight is too light)

Again, like someone else said this is wannabeBIG forum, no one on here wants to be 6'1" and 155 lbs, most guys here are tryng to get away from that any way possible, because they have been there and looked like rakes

Eric Cartman
11-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Ok, I searched the forums articles for "what a body builder eats" but didnt find a specific article with that title. Where is it?

EC

Geeper
11-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Ok, I searched the forums articles for "what a body builder eats" but didnt find a specific article with that title. Where is it?

EC

Honestly I can't find it tonight, but I have a copy of the list at the bottom of this page...
http://geepersworld.blogspot.com/2005/06/my-transformation-cutting-diet.html

Eric Cartman
11-11-2005, 11:53 PM
I just did squats and ate a bunch of tacos and nachos... I guess that wont get the job done... :)

Why did you post a link to your diet for cutting if you want me to bulk? Do you eat the same foods for both? I was hoping to be able to eat a lot of pizza during the bulk cycle...

EC

lilmase1153
11-12-2005, 12:19 AM
I just did squats and ate a bunch of tacos and nachos... I guess that wont get the job done... :)

Why did you post a link to your diet for cutting if you want me to bulk? Do you eat the same foods for both? I was hoping to be able to eat a lot of pizza during the bulk cycle...

EC
Sure you could eat pizza but that would sort of defaet the purpose of "Eating Clean" ...

You should get your Bf tested and see what its at. Cause with your stats I would Imagine you have very little LBM. (lean body mass) So in other words losing 5-10 more lbs, you will most likely be losing More muscle than fat and that to me at least is not a trade I would make willingly. You dont have to eat perfect cause more than likely you have a naturally high metabolism, but eat "health consciously" and Train proper and you should be alright.. You do know that the more muscle you have the better the body is at burning fat right?

Take the advice for whats its worth, Looking at what a bodybuilder eats is a good guideline..

lilmase1153
11-12-2005, 12:21 AM
What a bodybuilder eats (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565&highlight=bodybuilder+eats)

Here you go....

Eric Cartman
11-12-2005, 02:26 PM
thanks for the list of foods.. I guess bulking might not be as carefree and fun as I had imagined it to be... you eat the exact same foods as on a cutting diet, you just eat more of them! Is there anyway to make this more tasty?

Shao-LiN
11-12-2005, 02:35 PM
I have an appetite 24/7...I suck it up, though.

Eric Cartman
11-13-2005, 01:03 AM
no, i mean is there a way to make bulking fun and tasty or is it just eating tons of tuna fish each day and wanting to jump off a cliff?

Built
11-13-2005, 01:20 AM
get in enough protein, get in enough fat, get the rest of your calories from whatever you want.

af92
11-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Dude, you can eat what you want, but if you want to get to that goal of looking good in shorts or a swimsuit or just plain anything (like built! ;) ) then it requires dedication, hard work and diet control. There are many different things you can do with the "bland" food to make it more tasty, so don't give in too much to the junk food and stick to the basics!

-josh

lilmase1153
11-13-2005, 12:25 PM
no, i mean is there a way to make bulking fun and tasty or is it just eating tons of tuna fish each day and wanting to jump off a cliff?
For me When I was bulking clean I chose hot sauce to spice things up. since most hot sauces have no nutritional value It does not hurt our goal of eating clean and is better than eating bland food all day. I am sure you can think of other things to add just make sure they are not loaded with sugar and such..

Honestly bro for me I only ate extra clean monday - friday, sat-sun were whatever goes for me. I gained plenty of weight but my BF only changed by 2% for the last 5 months I have been bulking.. Just make sure to be intense in the weight room and add a little bit of cardio for the heart and you will be alright.

Shao-LiN
11-13-2005, 12:40 PM

Eat healthy foods you would enjoy. Cook it with herbs and spices to zest it up...no reason to be bored with your diet.