PDA

View Full Version : How long can I maintain a clean bulk before I raise my bf a good amount?

Invain
11-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Anybody here ever done a really long super clean bulk and gained a substantial amount of weight without your bf going up very much? I've been on a really clean bulk for 2 - 3 months now, and I've gained about 18 lbs, without my bf going up much at all. I've noticed some good gains, and I've yet to really see any fat being added anywhere. I'm just wondering if I eventually will get fat if I gain another 25 - 50 lbs or so, or can it be done if you go slow and eat clean; not raising bf a substantial amount that is...

Built
11-10-2005, 06:46 PM
You can think of the beginning of a bulk as happening every morning. The leaner you go into a bulk, the better your partioning will be. If you overeat enough to gain, but not so much as to have it spill over into fat stores, you'll slowly bulk without becoming fat.

It's maddening to do, and you WON'T see the freakish gains you would if you did an old-school bulk, but you'll look good the whole way through. It's how I'm trying to do it. I'll tolerate a bit of a fat gain for it, but I'm setting a limit - I don't want to go up past 20% bodyfat (starting at 14 - lean for a chick). You might want to do the same, or just go by the mirror and pay attention to your diet.

Invain
11-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks Built.

Jorge Sanchez
11-10-2005, 07:26 PM
I wish I could have your abs at 14%bf. Hell, I just wish I could have your abs.

Built
11-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks Jorge - the abs are at about 7%. Leggies are at 23%. :cry:

Invain, you're welcome. Good luck!