PDA

View Full Version : Another diet to critique...

phatmonky
11-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Bulking@ ~175lbs

M1: 4 eggwhites+ 2 yolk
M2: oatmeal + 1 tbsp natty PB
M3: Chicekn+ Salad w/blue cheese + .5 Avocado (handful unsalted legumes)
M4: Opticean + 1 tbsp natty PB + 2 cups milk
WORKOUT
M5: Opticean, plain + 2 cups milk
M6: Chicken breast + 1 cup cooked Brown rice+veggies
M7: Cottage Cheese

Totals 2997cal 109fat 191carb 312protein

So, a few questions:

-I eat the hell out of fruit and veggies all the time (which is an unaccounted caloric value in my diet, since I don't ever know what I'll be eating. It's provided at work). Assuming, I continue my usual snacking routine, is there an optimal time to put in fruits? Or should I just eat when I feel like eating them?

-I am starting at about 3000 calories, but if I need more to bulk faster, where could I hypotheticall add 500 calories at?

-Anyone have an existing 3000-3500 calorie diet? I'll eat anything, so your food choices are NOT an issue :)

- I'm at 312 on protein. While, I know that isn't TOO much, I know it's more than enough. Could I drop an Opticean shake and put is some other real food? I'd hate to be paying expensive amounts for protein shake if I can get calories cheaper (and more satisfyingly IMO) from real food

Thanks for the input.

Built
11-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Not at all bad.

You might get in some dextrose with your post-workout shake - about 2g dextrose/maltodextrin for each gram of protein. This will help - the rest of your extra calories can come from more natural pb with your evening cottage cheese (everybody here is probably waiting for me to mention my natty PB on apple fetish)

Oh, and don't eschew salt - salt has anabolic properties.

:)

gator
11-11-2005, 10:49 PM
not to hijack the thread but a question to peanut butter lovers. I loove peanut butter and when I start eating it, it's hard for me to stop. I mean 2 tablespoons is allready 190 calories, I could eat half the jar if I wanted.

Also to comment to the OP, if you want to increase some calories while getting protein, try tuna w/mayo. It's also not very filling, so it wouldn't be too hard to add in there. Also milk is always good to add if you like it.

Built
11-11-2005, 11:01 PM
"Hello, my name is Built and I'm a Peanut Butter addict"

gator, I have to weigh out my PB. I could seriously eat the whole damned jar.

phatmonky
11-12-2005, 08:50 AM
not to hijack the thread but a question to peanut butter lovers. I loove peanut butter and when I start eating it, it's hard for me to stop. I mean 2 tablespoons is allready 190 calories, I could eat half the jar if I wanted.

Also to comment to the OP, if you want to increase some calories while getting protein, try tuna w/mayo. It's also not very filling, so it wouldn't be too hard to add in there. Also milk is always good to add if you like it.

Thanks for the post :)

You too built!

As far as PB, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I don't even eat any until I put the jar back in the fridge haha. If it were just out in front of me, I'd probably just sit there eating.... "a little more, a little more"

phatmonky
11-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Upping this thread for more advice.....

3000 calories in the above format is leaving me FULLL throughout the day.

I'm trying to pack in 500 more calories a day. I physically want to puke trying to eat that much.
So, I need some advice on getting this calorie intake denser. Eessh, I don't know how some of you put away 4000+ a day!

EDIT - Today I'm trying something new, but still want your advice.....
I had oatmeal with my eggs this morning.
Then had a whole wheat muffin + 2 cups of whole milk for M2
And I'm going to add whole wheat noodles in with my M3.

Altogether, that's ~650 extra calories for the day. I can handle doing it this way (thank god for whole milk?), but is there more to know? Any problem with all those calories coming from those carbs and milk?