PDA

View Full Version : Oz.

Oz.
11-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Current schedule

Goals:
Get bigger and leaner (I know they don't happen at the same time!) :clown:

Routine: (these numbers are from Wednesday and Friday, I could have pushed myself harder but trying to get back into things.)

Chest Back
db flyes - 4 sets 10 x #55
bb flat bench - 4 sets 4 sets 10 x #155
lat pulldowns (wide grip) - 4 sets 10 x #160
good mornings - 2 sets 10 x #65; 2 sets 10 x #85
bb decline press - 4 sets 10 x #155
lat pulldowns (close grip) - 4 sets 10 x #150
cable rows 4 sets 10 x #150
bb incline press 4 sets 10 x #145

20 min on treadmill 5 min intervals run - walk - run - walk

Shoulders/Arms
rear delt laterals 4 sets of 10 x #17.5
barbell curls 4 sets of 10 x # 65
shrugs 4 sets of 10 x #70
skull crushers 4 sets of 10 x #55
db military press 4 sets of 10 x #50
db lateral raises 4 sets of 10 x #20
reverse grip pulldowns 4 sets of 10 x #40 (each arm)
hammer curls 4 sets of 10 x #25

Legs - tomorrow
squats
leg curls
leg extensions
calf raises
lunges

started law school 3 months ago and since then I lost a lot of motivation and would go in spend 30 minutes the gym and leave for lack of intensity. I just recently started again on Wednesday.

I currently weigh 168 lbs at 5'10" and 25 yrs old. I work out 6 days a week (2 day split) First half of the week I do high reps and low weight, the latter half of the week I lower my reps (4-6) and up the weight.

I take my multivits, 1 tbsp of flax seed oil/day, ~225g protein a day including 2 shakes (ON's procomplex), glucosamine, at least 1 gallon of water/day.

I could tell you about my caloric intake 3 months ago, but not recently due to law school I find it hard to bring a 3'x3' cooler to school. I feel like cutting because I have gained some chub around the belly, but I have also majorly declined not only in my physique but also my numbers. I am tied between cutting and bulking :bang:

I am interested in starting to supplement with creatine. I screwed around with it in High School (10 years ago), I didn't take it seriously, and barely did much work while on it... didn't show any gains.

RECENT PICTURE:

dw06wu
11-12-2005, 12:09 AM
I think you should cut your workout volume AND frequency in half. Where are the deadlifts? Your workout definitely looks like a road to overtraining. If you find that you aren't getting the progress that you are looking for and your diet is in check, you may want to take it back a tad.

That said, good work starting a journal and it looks like you've put a lot of thought into it. Try it for a while and see how it goes, but I think you could get away with much less volume. Considering you've started law school as well, it will give you a lot more free time.