PDA

View Full Version : Too much salt?

basix
11-13-2005, 01:47 AM
HI,

Im currently bulking at around 4000 cals a day. I eat clean most of the time but I use alot of salt. I put it on anything I cook, I can't stand bland food.

Anyway will eating too much salt have a negative effect on my health? What is a healthy amount to be eating?

I use to work as a chef so I got use to adding lots of salt to just about everything and I love it.

Built
11-13-2005, 01:56 AM
I like salt. Pushes water into your muscle cells.

Davidelmo
11-13-2005, 06:51 AM
As long as you're drinking a lot of water I think it'll be fine :)

Bruise Brubaker
11-13-2005, 08:04 AM
I'd go with unrefined sea salt. It's funny how many people will say that supplements are totaly unnecessary and that a good diet is sufficient, yet refined salts is supplemented with iodine and in some parts of the world, with fluoride. It also contains anti-caking agents that keep it from clumping, some people say this is bad.

Eating salt is good, particularly that salt.

You can't stand "bland" food because you've been using so much salt!

Built
11-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Sea salt is low in iodine. I stick with the regular kind.

basix
11-13-2005, 11:55 AM
^yeah probably, after working in a restaurant for a few years I get kinda picky about what I eat. Im using sea salt at the moment, thx for the info

Spartacus
11-13-2005, 12:44 PM
i only use kosher salt

make sure your water intake is high, and you are getting good sources of potassium. since you are a chef i assume you know most of the ways to make food taste as good as it can beofre seasoning.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Too much salt can cause hypertension. Just keep drinking LOTS of fluids.

HILL
11-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I was actually talking to the bloke who owns mu gym about this today. he has been to the doctor about something and also to see a nutritionist and both have said salt is very very bad and to stay away as much as possible. wether their is any truth to this i dont know just thought id post it

getfit
11-13-2005, 03:04 PM
I was actually talking to the bloke who owns mu gym about this today. he has been to the doctor about something and also to see a nutritionist and both have said salt is very very bad and to stay away as much as possible. wether their is any truth to this i dont know just thought id post it
i would say if you don't abuse salt it should be fine, i'm not the biggest fan of salt, but do add just a dash to my eggs or whatever i'm cooking

Bruise Brubaker
11-13-2005, 04:33 PM
I also want to add that sea salt tastes a lot better.