PDA

View Full Version : what are the pro's and con's of these foods?

beginner18
01-02-2002, 03:21 PM
just wondering what the pro's and con's of the following foods are, im about to make up a food planner for myself, my aim at the moment is to maximise musle gain.. well here are the following foods i was thinking about adding in my planner.. and a few i was just curious of

-scrambled or boiled eggs
-boiled potatoes
-boiled baby peas, or normal peas
-grilled chicken breast
-slice(s) of home made pizza (ham, cheese, sauce, capsicum, salami)
-pasta (with beef(minse) in the sauce)
-subway sandwidge.. chicken fillet
-boiled corn
-popcorn (plain)
-cup of white or brown rice
-tomato salad (consist of 1-2 tomatoes, onion and some oil) usually had with 4-5 slices of bread

any feedback would be great, thanks

Orange357
01-02-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by beginner18
just wondering what the pro's and con's of the following foods are, im about to make up a food planner for myself, my aim at the moment is to maximise musle gain.. well here are the following foods i was thinking about adding in my planner.. and a few i was just curious of

-scrambled or boiled eggs**ok
-boiled potatoes**ok
-boiled baby peas, or normal peas**if cutting high in sugar
-grilled chicken breast**Good!
-slice(s) of home made pizza (ham, cheese, sauce, capsicum, salami)**FAT FAT FAT!
-pasta (with beef(minse) in the sauce)**bad carbs
-subway sandwidge.. chicken fillet**sodium to high
-boiled corn**Sugar again
-popcorn (plain)**Yuck
-cup of white or brown rice**Good
-tomato salad (consist of 1-2 tomatoes, onion and some oil) usually had with 4-5 slices of bread**Ok

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-03-2002, 10:32 AM
quick question: how much do you weigh, how tall are you and what is your bf% approx?

Originally posted by beginner18
just wondering what the pro's and con's of the following foods are, im about to make up a food planner for myself, my aim at the moment is to maximise musle gain..

**make sure you get the calories in then.

well here are the following foods i was thinking about adding in my planner.. and a few i was just curious of

-scrambled or boiled eggs

**cool. eggs = good protein and good source of fat. if your family has cholesterol problems then you may want to go easy on the yolkes.

-boiled potatoes

**good complex carbs, especially sweet potatoes.

-boiled baby peas, or normal peas

**let me get back to you on this one.

-grilled chicken breast

**One of the leanest protein sources around. Turkey is also good.

-slice(s) of home made pizza (ham, cheese, sauce, capsicum, salami)

**Highly anabolic food :D It's tasty stuff and a good easy way of getting enough cals and protein in, although there is quite a lot of satty fat in there that you may wish to monitor. good for cheating too...

-pasta (with beef(minse) in the sauce)

**Again, good for cals [beef is quite calorie dense] pasta is quite starchy but never the less it is still a complex carb.

-subway sandwidge.. chicken fillet

Never heard of them [live in the UK] but i'll prolly agree with Orange on this one.

-boiled corn

**Again, i'll get back to you. I need to find out what it is haha like corn on the cob?

-popcorn (plain)

**add some sugar, honey or toffee and you got a tasty snack. not much there nutrient wise but again, can be a semi-decent source of cals if eating is a problem.

-cup of white or brown rice

**along with sweet potatoes and oatmeal, brown or wholewheat rice are the top sources of carbs IMO.

-tomato salad (consist of 1-2 tomatoes, onion and some oil) usually had with 4-5 slices of bread

**decent roughage, phytochemicals/vitamins/minerals from the tomatos. do you use olive oil? if so good. maybe a bit too much bread though. Even brown bread - the 'better' bread - is still quite starchy and not something you want that much of.

Tryska
01-03-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
brown or wholewheat rice are the top sources of carbs IMO.

wholewheat rice?

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-03-2002, 10:48 AM
that's what i said.

Tryska
01-03-2002, 10:58 AM
okay...so how could rice be wholewheat if rice is a grain, and wheat is a different grain?

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-03-2002, 11:21 AM
you'll have to excuse me trina, being ace comes naturally to me.

damn those typos haha

"Whole grain" :)

Tryska
01-03-2002, 11:25 AM
you're the acest, chigs. :thumbup:

The_Chicken_Daddy
01-03-2002, 11:26 AM
danm rioght.