PDA

View Full Version : should i toss this peanut butter or is it ok?

PoutineEh
11-14-2005, 03:20 PM
im up at college now and i had my parents get me some needed supplies. one of which is natural peanut butter. i dont know why, but my mom told my dad to go to trader joes and instead of just getting the usual natural peanut butter i buy, my mom told him to get the reduced fat peanut butter... i dont know if she is trying to send me a message or she is just forgetful :evillaugh anyway, it seems the fat has been replaced by carbs (and probably other chemicals). i would really like to have the old natural fat peanut butter, but i guess i will have to make due until thanksgiving when i can pickup some. do you guys recommend me dumping the pb and not having some for another week or so, or is it not that bad?
here is the ingredients and nutrition facts:
total fat 2.5g (0g sat)
carb: 13g (2g sugar)
protein 4g

ingredients: peanuts(as defatted peanut flour and natural peanut butter), tapioca syrup, pure water, dehydrated cane juice, rice syrup, vegetable glycerin, soy flour, salt, tapioca starch, natural flavors, paprika & annatto, calcium carbonate, lecitchin, vitamins E & C

i much prefer the ingredients to just say: dried peanuts. ugh

JustinASU
11-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Natty PB is a healthier choice, obviously because it doesn't contains extra sugars, etc. Calories are calories however, so why throw away perfectly good food? Just go buy some Natty PB and keep that crap in case you run out.

PoutineEh
11-14-2005, 03:30 PM
disgusting. i just tried the stuff and it tastes like dog s***. and i had it on low carb bread (what is wrong with my mom?!) which tastes like cardboard btw.

yea, ill keep the stuff as a backup. doubt i will get that desperate for calories anytime soon. its amazing how terrible all peanut butters taste after you have switched over to natural peanut butter

d'Anconia
11-14-2005, 03:51 PM
LOL so you bought the low-carb bread only to have your mom buy carb-replacing-healthy fat peanut butter...

Get rid of that stuff and go get some REAL peanut butter. You also need to make sure your mom does not do that kinda stuff in the future.

PoutineEh
11-14-2005, 04:33 PM
no, my mom bought both of them. id like to get some real peanut butter, but i kind of dont have a car up here. i have to wait till i get home where i can buy 3 or 4 jars of the stuff

Bruise Brubaker
11-14-2005, 05:36 PM
It would be damn funny if low-carb bread was made with added peanut oil.

dw06wu
11-14-2005, 05:48 PM
You'll get used to the low carb bread. Trust me it is worth it to get used to that stuff. I don't necessarily care about the low carbs as much as I do the low calories. I like to eat a lot of sandwiches, and a 35cal slice of bread really really ****ing helps. So I would keep that stuff in the mix if I were you; it can make cutting a lot less painful.

Spartacus
11-14-2005, 05:55 PM
why not just get regular peanut butter, and drain off some of the oil (ie the oil that seperates out to the top?) voila, reduced fat peanut butter that has increased protein per calorie, adn most of the nutrients

spencerjrus
11-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Id rather eat smaller amounts of real food.

gator
11-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Buy the Skippy natural peanut butter, it barely has any oil and tastes great!!

PoutineEh
11-15-2005, 09:07 AM
maybe i will stick with the low carb bread, but reduced fat peanut butter has to go for sure.
hard going from 9 grain whole wheat bread to low carb bread.

HILL
11-15-2005, 09:13 AM
I get sunpat peanut which ive triple checked and it has no vegatable oil in at all the extra crunchy and smooth does but the normal doesnt

Davidelmo
11-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Yep, the ingredients look pretty vile