PDA

View Full Version : Another creatine question...

Sexican
11-15-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm fairly new to this foru, and I'm sure this question has been asked and answered, so if anyone knows where the thread is please let me know...or if you have time, answer it :)

So, today was my first day using creatine. I was instructed to take 5 grams with every protein shake I drink, which I think is fairly reasonable ( I'm working out to gain weight, and more or less get "fairly" big, but not a hardcore power lifter or anything) Anyway, so about 30 minutes prior to my workout, I added a tablespoon of creatine powder (5 grams) and downed it all.

During my work out I felt like I was on crack. I don't know if it was a "good" kind of feeling like crack or a "bad" one...I couldn't quite decide...now the main thing was I felt a little bit sick to my stomach. I know that you're supposed to drink a decent amount of water when taking creatine, but I was drinking Power-Ade thinking it was the same effect. Is Power-Ade not good to drink while using creatine? Or was the sick feeling only natural at the beginning phases of using it?

Any help with first time creatine answers greatly appreciated ;)

phatmonky
11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
i've experiences this feeling before too. No answer for you, but posting to for my own interest as well.

tigo
11-15-2005, 11:17 PM
no powerade.. nothing acidic with your creatine
also.. idon't think you need to take 5g every shake you drink cuz youregonna piss most of it out

Sexican
11-15-2005, 11:43 PM
What is the best way to take creatine? I heard Grape Juice or O.J? Why would a shake mean I'm gonna piss it out?

Also, still waiting for an answer of why I felt like I was on crack =)

tigo
11-16-2005, 01:37 AM
well depends how many shakes you take

no oj
grape juice or apple
i just use water tough

i was thinking that you drank more than one and took like 10 g a day

getfit
11-16-2005, 01:41 AM
you only need 5g a day so split that up,

this is how i take it, half in the am, and the other half in my shake

Bob
11-16-2005, 07:21 AM
JP - if that is really u!! Bills rock!!
I think the point of creatine.. is that if it makes you stronger for the WOs you are using it for.. then you will build additional muscle and strength.. that will last when you get off of it.

Having just tried it recently, I can honestly say that 30mins into my WO, I was pushing 10-15% more weight then usual.. not nessecarily at the start of my WO, but the endurance it has give me has been great.

I believe that when I am done with this round of creatine, my strength will be much 5-10% better then before.. I am hoping for a 15LB increase on BP, 20 LB on DL and 25 on Squat.. to get over a plateau I have been on for the last month or so..