PDA

View Full Version : How to mantain as much as possible?

Nightmare
01-02-2002, 10:40 PM
Let's say a person who is bulking decides to take a 2 week break and not do any exercises whatsoever. My questions are...

1) How much muscles will be lost within these 2 weeks? Alot, very little or none?

2) How much should the person eat everyday when he is taking a break? Same as usual?

3) Is there anyway the person can mantain his muscles during this 2 week break?

millertime
01-03-2002, 06:13 AM
1) How much muscles will be lost within these 2 weeks? Alot, very little or none?

>everyone is diffferent but you should lose very little muscle, if any.

2) How much should the person eat everyday when he is taking a break? Same as usual?

>eat the same amount, you are trying to add weight right?

>like I said above you are not going to lose very much, so don't worry about it.

MonStar1023
01-03-2002, 06:17 AM
Nightmare-

I dont think that much muscle will be lost in only 2 weeks. I mean I took a 3 week break and I didnt feel as pumped obviously, but other then that, I felt fine. Two weeks isnt long enough to do anything major.

I would say the same overall. Or close to it. Especially if you are trying to bulk. Maybe watch your carbs since you wont be burning them off during your workouts.

Just keep your protein up is the only thing I would recommend. Honestly I took off 3 weeks and ate all kinds of sugars and fats but my cals were real high so I think thats why I didnt lose any muscle.

:cool::cool:
Good luck!

YatesNightBlade
01-03-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Nightmare
Let's say a person who is bulking decides to take a 2 week break and not do any exercises whatsoever. My questions are...

* This is hard to say. and impossible to guess. But you shouldn't lose much .... if any. So long as Q2 is in order.

* Same as normal although slightly less calories will be needed. If your not training. If in these 2 weeks you are undertaking physical activity ... then keeps cals the same. If not drop Carbs slightly.

*Drink plenty of milk and possibley supplment with Glutamine.

YatesNightBlade
01-03-2002, 06:40 AM
drink plenty of water too.