PDA

View Full Version : i need help changing how i do breakfast

PoutineEh
11-16-2005, 11:47 AM
here is how my morning went:
woke at 7:30. ate a bowl of cereal in my dorm room and then walked to the gym around 8:00. worked out for ~35 mins, then came back to my dorm and downed a PWO shake (2 scoops protein(30g each), 2 scoops dextrose(30g each), ~1.5 tbsp pb). right after this, i went to the cafeteria to get some complex carbs in me.
now here is my problem, after eating in the cafeteria, i felt so full 10 minutes later that i wanted to throw up (and i thought i was going to). what should i change? should i change the order of things, or just forget eating after downing a PWO shake?
on most days, i dont get to eat until later than 1 pm which is why i wanted to get some breakfast in me. should i just do a PWO shake, forget breakfast, and also carry some type of protein drink with me to help curb my hunger until lunch arrives? i know i shouldnt try to get so much of my food from shakes, but i cant figure out any other option

gator
11-16-2005, 12:52 PM
A simple answer would be, have 6 meals a day, and I count my PWO shake as one meal, so spread them out.

tj_muller
11-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Try oatmeal instead of cereal.

PoutineEh
11-16-2005, 02:03 PM
i cant have 6 meals a day cause i live in a dorm... there are only 3 meals. and i dont think its the cereal thats the problem since i have that about 1.5-2 hours apart from my PWO/breakfast. i think i am just going to do the PWO and not have the breakfast

Bikkstah
11-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Steal from the cafe, that's what I had to do. Wear/Buy a huge coat, and just stock on your pockets on stuff so you can spread the meals across the day. Here at least though, we were allowed unlimited swipes on our I.D. into the cafe.

tigo
11-16-2005, 05:54 PM
you PWO shake might have to om uch protein in it.. isnt around 45g protein the limit for most people before it turns to fat?

gator
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
I live in a dorm and can get 5-6 meals a day. Tuna is easy for dorm rooms and a small meal, as well as a big bowl of oatmeal. Also bring a backpack to your cafe, you can take fruit and things of that nature with you, i put them in my oatmeal. I dont really eat at my cafe much, I go to subyway a lot. I'm just starting to stock up on food at the grocery store, much cheaper and better for you.

gator
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
you PWO shake might have to om uch protein in it.. isnt around 45g protein the limit for most people before it turns to fat?

Is this true??? Mine has about 68 grams in it with 2 scoops of whey, PB and Milk

crazyaoshi
11-16-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't think if there's one number for everybody, I think your body just uses as much protein as it needs and the rest of it just gets treated as any other food with a GI of whatever your protein has. I thought foods high in protein tend to have a low GI so you probably won't become fat from too much protein in a PWO, though it may make you go to the toilet more. Anyway I don't eat more than 50g of protein at once and I weigh 185lbs.

I am not a nutritionist, but from what I understand from reading this forum regularly, you may not need the peanut butter in your post workout shake because it slows the digestion of the protein when your body needs it quickly after a workout.

Shao-LiN
11-16-2005, 06:33 PM
i cant have 6 meals a day cause i live in a dorm... there are only 3 meals. and i dont think its the cereal thats the problem since i have that about 1.5-2 hours apart from my PWO/breakfast. i think i am just going to do the PWO and not have the breakfast

Never stopped me from eating more than 3 meals a day in the dorm. There are other places to get food believe it or not, hehe.

Shao-LiN
11-16-2005, 06:34 PM

Why do you say that?

Shao-LiN
11-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Is this true??? Mine has about 68 grams in it with 2 scoops of whey, PB and Milk

It isn't.

PoutineEh
11-16-2005, 07:27 PM
i just use the pb for taste in my shake. my pwo shake is too sugary from the dextrose otherwise (i might back off and do 1.5 scoops). im also in the u of michigan engineering dpt, so i rarely have time to do go out and eat a lot since i am either in class or doing homework. its really demanding and i dont have an unlimited meal pass (no option for that). i might try the backpack thing and store some things in zip loc bags. i already do it with bananas, but i might try putting real food in there. ill just have to sit in a corner and scoop food into the zip loc bag and hope no one is watching me.
ill also see if my mom can pickup some tuna from cotsco

gator
11-16-2005, 10:49 PM
I put in the PB for taste because I love PB, and for the fats because I need more fats in my diet.