PDA

View Full Version : Is crystal light considered water?

Celestial
01-02-2002, 11:17 PM
When I make and mix crystal light it it considered water? I had some today and I was curious. thanx!

heathj
01-02-2002, 11:43 PM
What's in it?

Tryska
01-03-2002, 04:18 AM
more than water......therefore...crystal light is considered crystal light.

some may argue that because it's calorite free, that they consider it water...however it's all chemicals in water. not exactly the same thing IMO.

beercan
01-03-2002, 05:29 AM
It's water that tastes good, AND stains your teeth lol you could paint your house with the iced tea, the dye in it is so potent

the doc
01-03-2002, 10:12 AM
yes it does stain your teeth, the rasberry is quite potent!

drink water instead

Raildog
01-05-2002, 11:44 AM
It is not considered water, however I use it when I just want something else, and it's mucho better that soda, so don't worry about it...

Raildog

Hdspeedwild
05-05-2002, 07:45 PM
Why isn't it considered water. Does the body not abosrb it through the stomach when it gets there and leave the other stuff. I drink crystal light or iced tea and still pee so why is it different?

LuckyCharm
05-05-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Hdspeedwild
I drink crystal light or iced tea and still pee so why is it different?

Umm ya, you'd pee even if you didn't drink anything. You pee when you drink soda, and tha'ts not considered water. :rolleyes:

And water is water.... it's that simple.. you can not imitate water.
Crystal Light is not water for many reasons, 1. It has unnatural flavorings, and 2. It has nutrasweet.... or something, another imitation of sugar. and 3. It has other chemicals in it.

Basically, it's kool-aid w/o the sugar.

I think it's still pretty healthy though, used occasionaly, alot better than soda anyway.

big calvin
05-05-2002, 08:20 PM
why wouldnt it be water? i mean if drink the water and then eat the powder did u not drink water? so whats the difffernce? other then the ingrediance its still water but water with stuff in it.

LuckyCharm
05-05-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by big calvin
other then the ingrediance its still water but water with stuff in it.

It has ingredients, it's not water.

"water with stuff in it" EXACTLY, so it's not water, there's stuff in it, chemicals

Tiare
05-05-2002, 09:07 PM
It's a liquid, but not water since it has other chemicals in it.

By that logic what comes out of your tap is not water (has chlorine and other chemicals in it) and well water has lots of iron in it so it's not water either and most of the bottled waters have disolved chemicals in them.

As long as it doesn't have caffiene or alcohol or some other diaretic or whatever, it still hydrates you (soda, tea, coffee, beer, etc all have diaretics in them...net they dehydrate you).

Nothing hydrates you as well as pure water as far as I know. Guess I would have to look at the chemical breakdowns of Crystal Light to see what each chemical does to give you any idea of how much less it hydrates you.

MWB
05-06-2002, 04:05 AM
I think the whole point of drinking water is not only to hydrate you, but to cleanse your system. You wouldn't wash your car with crystal light right? Why would you rinse your insides out with it.

big calvin
05-06-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by MWB
I think the whole point of drinking water is not only to hydrate you, but to cleanse your system. You wouldn't wash your car with crystal light right? Why would you rinse your insides out with it.

lol i wouldnt also stuff flank steak with brown rice in the gas tank;)

:p :p :p :p

lol..but i do get what you guys are tryn to say..

hotgirl_03
05-06-2002, 10:17 AM
of course crystal light is not water! who would be that stupid to even think that. would u consider lemonade water...i didnt think so.

=w=
05-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by hotgirl_03
of course crystal light is not water! who would be that stupid to even think that. would u consider lemonade water...i didnt think so.

I dont think the poster meant is it ACTUALLY the same thing as water. I think the question was more intended to mean can you use crystal light to meet your hydration requirements for the day. And seeing as how it has no diuretic effect then I would say yes. Though dont forget it is not calorie free (5 cals per serving may seem inconsequential but they are there and will add up depending on how much you drink).

Tiare
05-06-2002, 11:50 AM
ROFL Big Calvin.

That explains why my truck keeps stalling on the Interstate!

big calvin
05-06-2002, 12:02 PM
hehehe!! i use soy sauce for my tranny fuel ;) and they smell it leaves is really good too!

lol!!!

Praetorian
05-06-2002, 12:17 PM
just break it down to the molekyl lvl... if it aint H2O then it aint water...

Hdspeedwild
05-07-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by big calvin
why wouldnt it be water? i mean if drink the water and then eat the powder did u not drink water? so whats the difffernce? other then the ingrediance its still water but water with stuff in it.

I agree, Why isn't it the same. If you do eat the powder and then 2 minutes later drink water. Did you drink water or did it mix with the powder and you drank crystal light. Also What if you drink water after you drink a glass of crystal light, soda, etc. It mixes in your stomach, so what did you drink?

The stomach only absorbs water and alcohol right, directly, right? not sugar and not caffine?