PDA

View Full Version : FitDay....wow!

accuFLEX
11-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Yea, so after reading about fitday for about a year now, i finally joined up. I was shocked to see what i was really eating!

37g of fat (14%)
371g of carbs (57%)
181g of protein (30%)
total cals - 2477

I eat a TON of fruit, like just looking at today, over 200g of carbs came from just fruit and yogurt. I know now that i should cut down on that number and add some more fat (natty, fish etc.)

Two questions, what should my numbers be interms of fat,carbs, protein? Im trying to cut a little (5lbs). Being 18, i can put mass on kinda easy so bulking right now if not really my thing

also, what if you eat a meal and you have no clue how many cals are in it? say, off the top of my head, i eat some mac and chease, how do you count the cals?

Unreal
11-17-2005, 06:47 PM
You find out. Look at the mac and cheese box, or find mac and cheese on fitday/calorie king.

1g of protein/lbm, and .5g of fat/lbm, fill the rest with whatever you want.

kad
11-17-2005, 07:17 PM
1g fat = 9 calories
1g protein = 4 calories
1g carbs = 4 calories

Built
11-17-2005, 07:20 PM
To cut a little, I'd suggest you track your calories for about a week, fix your macros up as per unreal's suggestion (protein and fat can go higher, but no lower than the suggested minimums), then drop your cals down by about 20%, keeping the protein and fat at no lower than their minimums.

Davidelmo
11-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Good for you... I hope more people will sign up instead of whining about how they eat "loads" and don't gain weight.