PDA

View Full Version : Protein Suppliments and Appetite

Rrolack
11-17-2005, 11:11 PM
About two weeks ago, I started integrating a protein shake into my daily routine, and before this time I hadn't used any protein suppiments. Ever since then, I've noticed that I need more food throughout the day to curb my appetite, about one more (small) meal daily. While I'm certainly not complaining (I'm 5'10" and 140 lb., need all the cals I can get), I'm just wondering if it's typical to experience increased hunger as you take in more protein.

Shao-LiN
11-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Increased hunger, I don't think so...protein shakes aren't really satiating, though...especially if you're speaking of whey protein.

Is this the only thing that changed? Have you started eating less fatty foods? More carbs?

JoeG
11-18-2005, 06:18 AM
I just started taking a protein powder and when I got it my microbiologist wife wanted to look at it. After she read the label she looked at me and said "The IgF-1 in this is probably going to increase your appetite."

So I took a good look at the label and it said "Do not use this product if trying to lose weight," and this was on a pretty low cal protein powder so I think it is safe to say that my wife was right. At least about that powder.