PDA

View Full Version : Parties and Dieting

BRD
11-20-2005, 01:29 AM
Went to a Birthday party for the first time in a few months due to changing jobs and being available on weekends now, and realised im thinking about food all night !!!! and its so hard to have fun while thinking about food so much and being on a cutting diet didnt want the extra calories. I had a couple meals packed in the car (little ones) but still found it so hard to resist all that party food (didnt give in though) :burger:

So basically what im asking here is what do you guys do in this situation ?? Just not go out while dieting ? Bring more food over the amount you normally eat ? Plan a cheat day on that day? (wasent able to do this last night because wasent really due for one) Chew on wood ??

So yeah any help with this would be much appreciated :thumbup:

tigo
11-20-2005, 01:32 AM
either eat less during the day
or make it a cheat day
just watch what youre eating though.. like see if theres stuff you can fitday or find the nutri info for

gotta enjoy life.. if you splurge one night its not gonna have taht much effect if any in the long term

gator
11-20-2005, 01:34 AM
When I go out, I try to get something on the menu that's not horriable for you. However I think it's ok to cheat once and a while, for me its about once every other week. For example thanksgiving, I've allready told myself I'm not counting anything, however not going to go overboard on pies, just a couple peices of cheesecake lol

However I've been a good eater for a while in terms of limiting things like junk food so its not hard for me to say no to cake on b-days and things like that.

Built
11-20-2005, 02:35 AM
I just had one of those days that leaves me craving broccoli and green beans.
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1236162#post1236162

bleah.

getfit
11-20-2005, 02:45 AM
i wouldn't worry about it that much, take it as a cheat day.

Spartacus
11-20-2005, 03:03 AM
i just cut back on calories that day, and make sure i've already gotten all my protein, so i can have something there. so basically just have whey & veggies prior to.

FortifiedIron
11-20-2005, 07:02 AM
I treat mine as a cheat day.

Or if you get real desperate just take a whey shake with you or a small meal you can leave in your car. At this point slip out to your car when you are not getting the mack on with some girly and eat.

Kc

Geeper
11-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Like most people here, it would be my cheat day.. and my cheat days are usually HUGE, which leaves everyone at the party wondering how I can maintain a 6 pack while eating twice as much as everyone else, they just don't see the dieting and training on all the rest of the week (month, year ect)

Shao-LiN
11-20-2005, 11:29 AM
One day.

Not even one day, one night if you're just going out at night. Think about the long term more than the short.

ShockBoxer
11-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Yeah. Dad's birthday today. So... Smitty's for breakfast for every family member that lives within a province or two and annual 'birthday dessert' (8 oz ribeye steak, two pancakes, two hard boiled eggs, an 8 oz glass of chocolate milk, slice of apple pie, scoop of ice cream).

It's not like it's going to magically slam the 37 lb I've lost this year back on. It will screw up my macros for the rest of the day if I don't want to go *too* far over my daily ration, absolutely, but there's always tommorrow and the rest of the week to even things out. Better to just enjoy a good meal with my family who I only really see on birthdays and holidays.

anasthetic
11-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Don't ever eat something less healthy unless you know you are going to really enjoy it. For instance, I never eat white pasta because I like whole wheat pasta just as much. Another example is that I would never eat cheerios, because I like steel oats or rolled oats just as much. Any time you can make a "sacrifice" without actually missing out on anything, do it.

Unreal
11-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Its one day. Eat whatever you like. Try not to go overboard if you can, but if you do, who cares. In the long run one day is nothing.

Jorge Sanchez
11-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't worry about it, I just pack in the food without a second thought. It's going to be hard to be in such a caloric surplus as to un-do all the dieting you have been doing all week, in one night.

getfit
11-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Honestly, as Shao-lin mentioned think long term, not one night, one day, it doesn't make a difference

BRD
11-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Thanks for all the responses its much appreciated. I should of just ate a couple things just so i could of enjoyed the night a little more and didnt stress out about being hungry.
As pointed out above about it only being one night, very true that is.
I did set myself a goal to be at around 10 - 12% bf at the end of this month since february this year although im not gonna reach that i still think ill be pretty happy with my results at the end of this month.
So yeah basically that sort explains why i was a little worried about eating all that ****ty food.

Thanks again guys.

ShockBoxer
11-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Just fitday it as best you can and try and balance it out as much as possible (without going too far into a calorie deficit) through the rest of the week and you'll probably still be on track.

AzBboy
11-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Gees you people are nice! I havent cheated in 18 weeks, and when I do cheat I feel like i've commited murder. I would never advocate a cheat, sorry I have to go against the crowd on this one.

ShockBoxer
11-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Why? If there's an opportunity you might as well live a little. There's no guarantee in life that you're making it home alive tonight or waking up tomorrow.

It's all about finding a balance between indulgence and excess.

getfit
11-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Gees you people are nice! I havent cheated in 18 weeks, and when I do cheat I feel like i've commited murder. I would never advocate a cheat, sorry I have to go against the crowd on this one.
think long term goals, not one day of cheating

muscleup
11-21-2005, 11:02 AM
My long term goal consists of eating until I throw up or pass out from turkey consumption Thursday.

Bulking > Cutting

Built
11-21-2005, 01:12 PM

Wow.

Why would ANYONE want to live this way?

I got into this lifestyle so I could get away with overeating from time to time without penalty.

I tried other plans - the "watch TV and eat donuts plan", the "smoke dope and eat peanut butter off a knife and then eat KD because it's there plan" nothing else worked like bodybuilding.

Can't argue with success.

<= ate her own homemade chocolate hazelnut cheesecake last night.
<= slept like the dead with no guilty conscience.
<= squats tonight ...

Shark
11-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Built, I tried those plans also!!! They didn't work for me either.

Built
11-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Sonofabitch!

You neither?

Dammit, hey?

anasthetic
11-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Built your plans still sound better than my old "Eat marshmallows and gatorade to cure my hangover" plan.

Built
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Ugh! <barf>

AzBboy
11-21-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm just VERY adapted to my clean eating and truly enjoy it. After eating a certain way for so long, you have no will to eat any differently. I dono you all see it as living a dull life or w/e but when you are happy with what you are eating and have no will for cheating then its not depravation at all. When I do cheat, its never food though, its beer haha.

Double D
11-22-2005, 10:55 AM
if you are goin out and can't cheat because you have already had a cheat or for whatever reason plan a meal right before you go out. That way you hopefully wont be hungry and be less tempted to cheat while out.

Pretty impressive that your biggest worry is eating bad food while out. I'd be more worried about the possibility that i would end up drinking mass amounts of alcohol, then probably binging as well.

AllNatural
11-22-2005, 02:10 PM
I find myself in the same situation and I am taking an appetite suppressant now that helps me forget about food. When I remember I should eat I just take a shake

getfit
11-22-2005, 02:44 PM
I find myself in the same situation and I am taking an appetite suppressant now that helps me forget about food. When I remember I should eat I just take a shake
how can people forget about food?

how can you not enjoy a scumptious cheesecake, chocolate, the list goes on

BRD
11-23-2005, 05:00 AM

Thats a fair effort there man , was able to go about 2 months with no cheating earlier on in the year no probs, but now cant last any longer than a couple of weeks haha.

Do you happen to have a link or something of your diet just so i can see what you been eating for all that time cheers mate.

BRD
11-23-2005, 05:12 AM
Pretty impressive that your biggest worry is eating bad food while out. I'd be more worried about the possibility that i would end up drinking mass amounts of alcohol, then probably binging as well.

Was able to give the alcohol up pretty easy, but with all the hot young drunk girls around at this party i did wish at some stages i didnt care about those extra beer calories :D

ShockBoxer
11-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Pst... fill a beer bottle with water and they'll never know. You keep knocking back waters and they keep knocking back beers...

Darcy Tucker
08-15-2007, 09:40 PM
No other carbs on beer day.