PDA

View Full Version : cardio concern...

andru0617
11-22-2005, 11:05 AM
____

muscleup
11-22-2005, 11:13 AM
How much cardio everyone else does shouldn't mean jack sh!t to you.
Everyone is going to have different goals, therefore they are going to have different types of training.
Sure some people might have similar goals as you, but that doesn't mean what works for them is going to work for you. YOU need to figure out what works best for you to obtain your goals. If you like to run, keep running.

What are your goals?

eastbaylifter
11-22-2005, 11:14 AM
:withstupi Exactly. Your goals should dictate your routine.

ShockBoxer
11-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Able to run 20 miles whenever you want is damned impressive. You said you're gradually getting stronger... isn't that enough?

If you're looking to become truly massive you're probably not going to be able to keep that 20 miles. Your weight will get you. The extra calories needed to fuel that kind of running lifestyle and go on the incredible bulk will get you. If nothing else bankruptcy feeding that kind of machine would get you. :zipit:

So, uh, yeah... goals.

g00dnick
11-22-2005, 12:30 PM
20 miles? god damn..

Mercuryblade
11-23-2005, 01:56 AM
Yeah, don't listen to others and their cardio, I've been trying like crazy to bulk since school started and the cold weather has made swimsuit season pass. I went from 142 - 147 from August to the first week in November. Five pounds of lean mass in over two months... yawn, I was eating like nuts, eating extremely healthy keeping my calories up (eating an excess of 3500 each day), eating more than enough protein, and I just couldn't pack on the pounds. I was running only about 8-12 miles a week too. These past three weeks I cut my running down to only 3 miles a week. I've gained six pounds these past three weeks. The bottom line, everyone is way different, the only way you are going to truly know whats best for you is to experiment.

Doobs
11-23-2005, 03:21 PM
I was eating like nuts, eating extremely healthy keeping my calories up (eating an excess of 3500 each day), eating more than enough protein, and I just couldn't pack on the pounds.
It's pretty obvious that 3500 wasn't enough.

Doobs
11-23-2005, 03:23 PM
I also eat a ton to counteract the amount of cardio I do. Is it better to scale back the cardio and also scale back my eating as well? I sometimes overeat as a result of this mentaility.

It's just that I've worked myself up to be a good runner (I run 20 miles every saturday morning and 10 miles every other time I run) That I don't want to sacrifice my running ability by scaling it back...but then again, maybe I should.

If you can eat enough to gain weight, then there's no need to reduce the running. If you can't, then you'll need to make the decision whether you'd rather be a better runner or bigger and stronger.

Patz
11-23-2005, 03:24 PM
50-60 miles per week??

Say goodbye to your knees..holy cow!

Honestly, it's impressive that you're running that much and can bench 290.