PDA

View Full Version : Judo Want To Mess with Me Clips

Maki Riddington
11-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Down at the bottom of the page are two clips of my Judo matches. One is against a Korean black belt who I beat and the second one is my very first fight against a white belt which I lost. I lost because I let him control me and the fight.

http://www.dynamicconditioning.ca/products.shtml

Anthony
11-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Awesome work, Maki. You almost had the white belt at the start when you took his back. Not sure why you let him loose! ;)

Edit: I was actually surprised at how long they let you work for ground position. A lot of our refs call matte after 3 seconds of no advancement.

bill
11-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Very nice looks like a lot wrestling. "come on Maki!" Nice to have a loyal fan.

Kayo
11-23-2005, 07:28 PM
the baby crying in the background really adds to the experience of watching. How long have you been in Judo for?

Maki Riddington
11-23-2005, 08:34 PM
That was my daughter. Poor girl thought Daddy was getting hurt. The "Go Maki" that you can hear was my wife. My most loyal supporter.

galileo
11-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Your daughter calls you Maki? Cute.

Maki Riddington
12-13-2005, 06:52 PM
A couple more have been added. One loss and one win.

Anthony
12-14-2005, 03:50 AM
I think the ref was a bit slack in the goliath match ... the guy fell, he didn't have control. I also think you showed way more offense. I like how you move in fast and then back out of you missed what you wanted. Nice work on the second match!

Maki Riddington
12-14-2005, 08:50 AM
I had to show more offense. If he grabbed a hold of me I would have been in trouble. It's the second time I fought him and lost.

ericg
12-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Nice vids Maki. Keep them coming. Lets see more training ones as well!

Maki Riddington
12-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Will do, once I get better. :)

Maki Riddington
06-22-2006, 08:17 AM
I got one more up with me doing some grappling without my Gi on.

Anthony
06-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Nice work, Maki!

Some things I noticed ... keep your hands up, keep your head up when you shoot (knees don't taste very good), and don't parry the kicks, check them.

You look a lot more comfortable than some of your earlier vids ... awesome progress!

MM
06-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Yeah Maki, you look pretty damn good. The old guy didn't seem to be into it all that much; looked like the first guy was giving you more of a challenge.

I'd love to ask you guys a couple of basic questions about this stuff, like how many times a week you have it, how much it costs, etc. There is apparently a guy here in my town who trained with one of the Gracie's and some other well known BJJ fellow. I've been thinking about it.

Maki Riddington
06-23-2006, 06:38 AM
Nice work, Maki!

Some things I noticed ... keep your hands up, keep your head up when you shoot (knees don't taste very good), and don't parry the kicks, check them.

You look a lot more comfortable than some of your earlier vids ... awesome progress!

My Sensei says the same thing. Hands up, head up. I have tons to learn but yes I am a bit more comfortable now then before.

Goodwinm
06-23-2006, 08:11 AM
nice vid there man! congrats on the win! ;)

Maki Riddington
06-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah Maki, you look pretty damn good. The old guy didn't seem to be into it all that much; looked like the first guy was giving you more of a challenge.

I'd love to ask you guys a couple of basic questions about this stuff, like how many times a week you have it, how much it costs, etc. There is apparently a guy here in my town who trained with one of the Gracie's and some other well known BJJ fellow. I've been thinking about it.

I train twice a week right now. I aim for 3 sessions per week though. This means my gym training takes a back seat when this happens. Right now I am lifting twice per week.

It costs $20 a month for Judo and $110 for the BJJ. If I choose to up my training volume I can work out a deal with my Sensei where I will take care of his strength training and he will train me privately.

This is my BJJ Sensei.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?search=yes&fighterid=14503

Maki Riddington
12-05-2006, 07:30 PM
I got some more vids up on my site of my recent Judo competition.

One is titled, "Uchimata" and the other is called, "Orange vs Blue." The titles are actually mixed up. In the Uchimata vid I'm fighting a blue belt who was also competing in the brown belt division. I believe he was in training for something higher and was using this comp as practice. He was cleaning up in my division until of course he fought me.:)

I have a couple others that will be going up later on. The other one (blue vs orange) is against an orange belt. So it was a fair match in terms of rank.
I beat him with an Uchimata.

I only had to fight three times to win gold in my division (-90kg). I also entered a BJJ tournament a month ago and took silver in my category. Next year I'll take gold. I ended up losing via a choke. BJJ tournaments are so different to Judo tournaments. I learned alot and will do much better next year.

After our season we're going back to MMA training with every Thursday being fight night in which we square off with one person in a 5 minute round match.
This should be tons of fun.

In the off season of Judo I go back to BJJ and will try to enter as many tournaments to better myself.

Roark
12-05-2006, 08:15 PM
second throw in the orange v blue vid was real nice

great job

1mmort4l
12-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Nice work Maki, good luck with your future tournaments. Looking forward to the vids mate.
You pwned that Black belt!

Bohizzle
12-05-2006, 10:02 PM
You owned that guy! it looked like he was being a dick too! good job man.

Andrew

Beast
12-05-2006, 11:08 PM
I think you need some real competition. ;)

Anthony
12-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Excellent work bro!!

Paul Stagg
12-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Two things strike me:

You appear FAR more confident than your opponents. You look like you are going to kick their ass before the match even starts.

You also appear much, much stronger than they are.

Very cool.

Punisher
12-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Good job Maki, I am thinking about taking Judo myself in a year or so as I better myself in weightlifting, the place I'm interested in is about 40 miles away from where I live, this is there website www.wnymma.com.

Maki Riddington
12-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Two things strike me:

You appear FAR more confident than your opponents. You look like you are going to kick their ass before the match even starts.

You also appear much, much stronger than they are.

Very cool.

Thanks Paul. I went into the comp this time trying to keep my nerves down and told myself that I would let them control me so I could react. I never look at my oponent before a match or talk to them. I keep my head down and focus on what I'm going to do during the match.

With each comp I'm learning more and more. Even if I lose.

My strength is far superior to anyone I've gone up against so far. I will be making the drop of 10 pounds into an even lighter category so I can really dominate using my strength. My next comp is in Feb. I will try to weigh in at 185 at 8%. I'm currently sitting at 198 at 14%.

Maki Riddington
03-21-2007, 06:05 PM
One fight from my last tournament I didn't post. He's a blue belt, I'm the orange belt.

ZghBLTybfUg

method115
03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
The last throw you did on him was ridiculous he got his ass slammed, it literally looked like he was one angel away from having his neck snapped.

bill
03-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Whipped him around, poor guy looked very frustrated. I don't think he is used to getting tossed like that.

McVein
03-22-2007, 03:59 PM
that last throw was very nice, you manhandled him all the way through.

Beast
03-22-2007, 04:25 PM
You're way too strong for him.

Anthony
03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Awesome work, Maki!