PDA

View Full Version : Calories Burned

Votorx
11-24-2005, 09:09 PM
How can I check how many calories I burn with every work out? I don't want to burn too much but at the same time I need ot know that Im a good deficit. Can anyone give me a link to some place that can estimate this with each workout, or something similar?

Kinda like a fitday.com thing only for lifts.

And I tried the thing at the fitday for the lifts, and according to that im burning 6000 calories a day, with most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it? Doesn't sound very right to me.

gator
11-24-2005, 10:04 PM
most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it? Doesn't sound very right to me.

HAHA, I think basal basically means how many cals your body will naturally burn without doing anything. How can you burn 6000 a day basal?

Built
11-24-2005, 11:12 PM
You really can't calculate how much you're burning - just track what goes INTO you, and weigh. You're either gaining or losing or maintaining. If you're not doing what you want, adjust your intake.

gator
11-25-2005, 12:54 AM
Yea, it takes some time to really dial in how many cals your body needs.

Davidelmo
11-25-2005, 04:32 AM
What did you select for your lifestyle level?

You're a big guy at 255lbs so your basal energy consumption will be quite big but if you selected a strenuous lifestyle then that will increase it more.

Canadian Crippler
11-25-2005, 07:38 AM
most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?LMFAO! Sigged.

Davidelmo
11-25-2005, 09:10 AM
LMFAO! Sigged.

I was gonna do that too lol :zipit:

Votorx
11-25-2005, 09:49 PM
I sir, am greatly honored to join your signature of greatness. Thank you canadian.

Anyways....According to that thing, I burned about 6000 calories daily, with most of the calories burned coming from basal. And I picked the whatever lifestyle came with sitting down, since being a student, most of my day is made up of just that. Soooo, you basically answered by question, gracias muchos.

And yea, come on give me the benifit of the doubt here. I saw basal and I thought of the leaf, Im not stupid, just ignorant :D.

Davidelmo
11-26-2005, 07:34 AM
"Basil" lolololol

PoutineEh
11-28-2005, 11:02 PM
my dad gave me his polar heart rate monitor and it has a setting on there that monitors how many calories you have burned... they can cost a pretty penny though (~$80 and up). this could possibly be a x-mas present? perhaps ebay has some used ones for cheaper if you are looking to save some money

Vita
11-28-2005, 11:22 PM
You really can't calculate how much you're burning - just track what goes INTO you, and weigh. You're either gaining or losing or maintaining. If you're not doing what you want, adjust your intake.

agreed. i thought about the same thing you are, and i figure i'm just going to take the time/patience to record my intake on fitday, and adjust it according to my goals. fitday is a very cool tool from what i've seen already. it'll be nice to look back on graphs later on and compare with my lifting journal to find trends. i'm such a dork...