PDA

View Full Version : Am I going about this the right way ? Pic

joberly
11-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Ok, so the goals for right now are to lose the fat around the midsection area mostly. I'm starting to FitDay my meals and see what I'm doing.... I did the math (in a health mag, it shows how to see how many calories you need to 'maintain') and it came out to about 3,000. It uses how often you lift, bodyweight, cardio minutes in a weekk, etc. I know I won't get much bigger in a caloric deficit, but I want to lose the fat first, then UP the calories to put on size. I want to put on clean size, without the excess fat. I'm about 5'10 at 176 roughly... should I be shooting for 2,500 cals a day give or take? This is the first time I've payed close attention to my diet and want to make sure I don't hurt my muscle in the process. I generally eat clean, chicken, tuna, yogurt, protein, milk, turkey burgers, wheat pasta (when I eat it), etc. Anything else I need to know? Since I've been eating better I can see a few more veins which means I'm leaning out a tad, but just worried about sacrificing muscle without enough cals!

Edit: I'll post a pic in a minute

HILL
11-26-2005, 02:01 PM
There is no formula that will give u ure maintanance cals properly. the thing to do is use fitday and track ure cals for a week maybe 3000 and see if you gain or loose weight then adjust accordingly until you find ure maintanance. once you have done this deduct 500 cals from that or 10/20% and go from their. im also cutting and in a similar boat to ureself so check my journal if u want i think im proberly around the same bf& at the moment from ure pic. u also look heavier than 176 however than could be the pic

Manveet
11-26-2005, 02:02 PM
You are on the right track for sure

1lb of fat = 3500 calories

500 cal deficit per day x 7 days per week = 3500cals

Some general tips

1. Eat more healthy fats (fat does not make you fat)
2. Train more often (split training volume evenly across the week)
3. Don't create too large of a calorie deficit too soon, otherwise you will risk muslce loss
4. I really like dieting in phases (i.e diet for several weeks, eat a maintaince for a week, then go back to dieting for several weeks etc.). With this type of an approach, you are less likely to hit a wall in regards to fat loss.

If you have any specific questions, ask away.

bschatz88
11-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Joberly, could you change your "Location", please.

That should be a big ****ing smiley face

Good day :D

joberly
11-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Woops, it was supposed to be, all fixed!

Here's a link to my fitday (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=joberly) ... just started it, how am I looking as far as food goes?

bschatz88
11-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Lookin good bro, calories about where they should be I think.

No alcohol, good.

Arby's yummm

joberly
11-28-2005, 06:58 AM
It wasn't technically an Arby's, but it was the closest thing they had to just a regular turkey sub lol. Thanks for the input!