PDA

View Full Version : diet without supplements

vx0877
11-26-2005, 02:30 PM
I was wondering how many people are working-out and eating clean without supplements?

at the moment I also use Whey en Caseine supplements but thinking about losing them and go for the 'real food' thing. Every now and then you hear aspartame is safe, the other time you hear it can give you cancer....... or shouldn't I worry? all supps are sweetend (how do you spell this? I'm dutch.....) with aspartame and other stuff but are they all safe in long term?

Manveet
11-26-2005, 03:08 PM
I was wondering how many people are working-out and eating clean without supplements?

at the moment I also use Whey en Caseine supplements but thinking about losing them and go for the 'real food' thing. Every now and then you hear aspartame is safe, the other time you hear it can give you cancer....... or shouldn't I worry? all supps are sweetend (how do you spell this? I'm dutch.....) with aspartame and other stuff but are they all safe in long term?

You can buy protein that is not sweetened with aspartame.

HILL
11-27-2005, 03:03 AM
If you want to go only solid food then do it. however i do not think that you need to worry with using supplements such as protein powder in my opinion and they really help you reach your micros for the day easier

joberly
11-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Yep it sure will be expensive without using the protein supplements!

Shao-LiN
11-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Not all supps are sweetened. You make it sound like the only supplements there are are protein supplements. You take a multi? Vitamin C? Those are supplements too.

But, plenty of people have diets w/o protein supplements. They are not a requirement. They are just nice to have, and can make reaching your diet goals a little easier.

vx0877
11-27-2005, 11:12 AM
yes I had to be more specific, i do take multi-vit & creatine (not flavored)
my question was towards al artificially flavored (powder) supplements, not about creatine or muti-vit....

how mucht % of your protein comes from supps? when 25% of protein comes from supps, is this too much?