PDA

View Full Version : Yeagermeister's Journal

Yeagermeister
11-27-2005, 09:58 AM
First off, I would like to thank Built for suggesting to me the idea of creating this gym log.

So, quick info about me: My name is Rob, Iím 18, Iím a senior in high school, and I love practicing martial arts. I donít have any kind of set goal in mind for now other than ďbigger, stronger, and healthierĒ but thatís alright with me. Iíll have something set by the time I actually start. If anyone wants to know more you can check out the message I left in the New Memberís Intro board.

Thanks to a few circumstances out of my control there are tons of boxes piled on my weights. Theyíll be gone by December 1st so Iíll probably start on that Tuesday December 6th. Kinda late, I know, but that will give me time to set up a goal and also get a good workout plan set up. Since this is the first time Iím starting out on a real workout plan I think Iím going to want to keep the workout pretty static for the first two months or so. After that Iíll change things around to keep me and my muscles from getting bored. Also Iíll slowly be working on increasing how much food I eat as get more and more into my workouts. I think that will help a lot. I already eat pretty healthy, so now I just need to eat more.

As far as supplements go I really donít have any, nor can I afford any right now. The best I have some nutrition bars in them with a decent amount of protein. (One kind has 7 grams, the other has 16 grams). I can probably get my parents to buy some real protein bars again that have around 20 or more with out as much sugar. Supplements are definitely something Iíll be wanting to use later on though, when I can afford them and when I have a good routine down. For starters I was planning on using the WannaBeBig Routine #1 (which I'm sure some of you could recite by heart, but I'm posting it for my benefit.)

Day 1 : Chest and Back (Tuesday)
Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Dips : 2 x 6-8 reps

Back

*Chin ups : 2 x 6-8 reps
Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
Barbell Rows : 2 x 6-8 reps
Shrugs : 1 x 10 reps

Day 2 : OFF (Wednesday) (Martial Arts : ďCardioĒ)

Day 3 : Legs (Thursday)

Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
Hack Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
Leg Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
Straight Legged Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 reps

Day 4 : OFF (Friday) (Martial Arts : ďCardioĒ)

Day 5 : Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps (Saturday)

Shoulders

Military Press in Rack : 2 x 6-8 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Standing Lateral Raises : 2 x 10 reps

Triceps :

Narrow Grip bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
French Press : 2 x 6-8 reps

Biceps :

Barbell Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
Hammer Curls : 1 x 6-8 reps

Day 6 : OFF (Sunday)

Day 7 : OFF (Monday)

My biggest issue with this is that I donít like the idea of having two days off. Iím sure Iíll end up turning one of them into a cardio day, but isnít two days off a long time? (Iím sure this is a very ďnoobĒ question, but hey, everyone gets to be a noob once and itís my turn.) Also, what is a good alternative to chin-ups? I donít have anything that I could use for that, so I want some kind of alternative exercise.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any input you all have to share. Iíll work on keeping this updated at least once a week along with progress pics every week or every other week. And I guess thatís it for this entry.

galileo
11-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Is your last name Yeager? I hope so.

Yeagermeister
11-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah, it is. No relation to any of the famous ones, though.

Yeagermeister
12-11-2005, 09:44 PM
So this Tuesday, the 6th, was my tentative day to start weight training. Yeah, that didn't happen. I don't remember why, but basically it was an issue with time. Wednesday was my "Cardio" day, and that did happen, and Thursday the boards were down so I couldn't see what I had planned to do that day so I just worked my chest with normal, incline, and decline lifts, 5 sets of 5 reps at 120 pounds for the first four, and 110 for the last round. I'm looking forward to getting that number higher over time. Friday was another "Cardio" day and that went well, and then the last two days have been a mess of preparing for finals with my friends and long story short nothing happened.

So in so many words or less, I was off to a bad start, but I think the week before finals was a horrible choice for a time to start seriously weight training. Basicaly, I'm going to give it another start tomorrow and see how well I can hold through this week, but I'm not sure the week of finals is a good time to start either. But, I'll try. I'll have more to say in a few days, and hopefully I'll have accomplished more then. *crossing fingers*