PDA

View Full Version : Skippy Natural Peanut Butter

JustinASU
11-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Something about this tastes too sugary. It's good peanut butter because of the taste, but I feel guilty eating it. From all I can tell it just has a tiny bit of sugar whereas most Natty PBs do not. Click here (http://www.peanutbutter.com/natural.asp#) to get the nutritional info. Anyone have opinions on this stuff?

dw06wu
11-27-2005, 08:27 PM
I love the stuff. Not only is it cheaper than the other ones, it doesn't get that ****ty oil buildup, and it tastes great. What's there to feel guilty about?

JustinASU
11-27-2005, 09:30 PM
The extra sugar, palm oil, sodium...

EDIT: Found another thread on it with little information.

Oh and there are no trans fats, so I suppose it's not quite as bad as your normal PB. Something about it still bothers me.

eps
11-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Any artificial sweeting?

-Eps

spencerjrus
11-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Haha its funny you mention this because I've encountered this same problem with a brand of Organic peanut butter from whole foods, it also has some sugar added and palm oil. to be honest with you its not something I would lose any sleep over. Is it as healthy as just peanuts and salt? No. Is it really going to make a difference in your overall health? I would hope not.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I love the stuff. Not only is it cheaper than the other ones, it doesn't get that ****ty oil buildupI buy Smucker's. It doesn't get that "oil build up". However, the last bit of peanut butter at the bottom of the jar gets too thick to spread on bread because there's no more oil left to moisten the PB. Very annoying.

Built
11-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Keep your jar turned upside down when not in use.

:)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-28-2005, 12:02 AM
That's what I do, yet the oil still seems to dry up before the peanut butter is gone. Maybe I'm just unfortunate. :/

spencerjrus
11-28-2005, 08:25 AM
That's what I do, yet the oil still seems to dry up before the peanut butter is gone. Maybe I'm just unfortunate. :/

You're probably not stirring the peanut butter well enough, you gotta really beat that pb hard to incorporate the oil fully.

V!C $!—gH
11-28-2005, 09:21 AM
whats the deal with peanut butter. i noticed that many people on this site that are from the states or canada talk alot about peanut butter.

what are the benefits of eating peanut butter?

getfit
11-28-2005, 09:25 AM
whats the deal with peanut butter. i noticed that many people on this site that are from the states or canada talk alot about peanut butter.

what are the benefits of eating peanut butter?
healthy fats and tastes so good :D

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-28-2005, 01:30 PM
You're probably not stirring the peanut butter well enough, you gotta really beat that pb hard to incorporate the oil fully.I mix it for like 5 minutes. Maybe I'll try 10, hehe. AHHHH!!!

what are the benefits of eating peanut butter?The question should be "What are the benefits of eating NATURAL peanut butter" because regular PB is quite unhealthy. And to answer the rephrased question...

...what getfit said.

Built
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
I just give it a quick stir when I first buy it, then turn it upside down. I re-stir it every time I use it.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Meh...I'll try that.

RickTheDestroyer
11-28-2005, 02:33 PM
I stir it once and refridgerate... like the instructions on the jar say to do. Once it's mixed thoroughly and then chilled it holds together pretty well.

And Big Ass- from the skippy website:
The first NO NEED TO STIR Natural Peanut Butter Spread! Unlike other Natural Peanut Butter Products, Skippy Natural stays creamy smooth from the first spoonful to the very last."
Therein lies the problem. "Spread" is a word that throws up flags in my mind. If ya'll have Harris Teeter in Charleston then just get theirs- it's pretty sweet tasting and it's just peanuts and salt. In all honesty though it probably won't do you any harm. I'm just happy you're eating.

Shao-LiN
11-28-2005, 08:43 PM
I mix it for like 5 minutes. Maybe I'll try 10, hehe. AHHHH!!!

You have to dig down to the bottom and mix that as well. Most people just stir and hope it does something, you really need to dig, flip, rub it down....oh nooooo...

Ok, stupid song in my head, sorry.

Mercuryblade
11-28-2005, 08:50 PM
It's called Real Peanut Butter, and it can be found in the refridgerator section of your local grocery store, no need to stir (most of the time).

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-01-2005, 08:09 PM
You have to dig down to the bottom and mix that as well. Most people just stir and hope it does something, you really need to dig, flip, rub it down....oh nooooo...

Ok, stupid song in my head, sorry.Yeah...it's a little difficult to stir the thick PB at the bottom. Maybe I'm just lazy...

FighterInSnatch
12-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Bump. So I just tried this stuff, Its freaking amazingly good. So is it ok to eat.?

getfit
12-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Bump. So I just tried this stuff, Its freaking amazingly good. So is it ok to eat.?
pb? yes, it's ok to eat

MrWebb78
12-03-2005, 12:09 PM

try putting that last bit in the microwave for about 15 seconds. it softens it up enough to spread.

RickTheDestroyer
12-04-2005, 08:46 AM
I also use a knife to stir it- it gets down to the bottom more easily.

sickman99
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM
u noe what those bastarded do to the peanut butter they take all of the peanunt oil out(peanut oil is very rich in nutrient and very good for u but very expensive) and replace the oil with so cheap sh!t and they sell the peanut oil speratatly for very expensivly

RickTheDestroyer
12-04-2005, 07:21 PM
u noe what those bastarded do to the peanut butter they take all of the peanunt oil out(peanut oil is very rich in nutrient and very good for u but very expensive) and replace the oil with so cheap sh!t and they sell the peanut oil speratatly for very expensivly

Are you drunk? :alcoholic tuttut :scratch:

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Are you drunk?Yeah. It looks like he shot that paragraph out of a cannon.

And I finally figured out how get this damn Smucker's PB to work right. I microwave it first for about 20-30 seconds. This makes it easier to stir and I mix the crap out of it. Then I put it upside down in the fridge. It stays perfectly creamy. :)