PDA

View Full Version : Getting big off bad food

Blazin Civic
11-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Ok this might seem like an odd idea but I wondering how well this might work for someone with a fast metabolism. I basically lived off fast food and other processed garbage my whole life. I have never been fat. I have always been thin as a rail. I have been trying to eat more "good" food lately but I can't find nearly as much of it as I can stuff like taco bell, white castle and mac and cheese. So as long as I am not getting fat from the calories I am eatting could I grow off of eatting tons of calories from stuff like fast food and one good dinner meal at night and keep taking atleast 100G of protein from nitrean a day? Basically I wanna know if calories are calories when it comes to bulking.

jollyrancher
11-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Diet is a lifestyle choice. Fat, thin, whatever...changing your diet involves changing your lifestyle.

If fast food is all you seem to find it's because you don't have the lifestyle to match your nutrition goals. (I do agree it's shameful how easy it is to find crappy food vs. something that is good for your body)

But I digress....the point is, until you change your lifestyle to meet your diet needs your diet won't match your lifestyle (being healthy and bulky)

Good luck.

Shao-LiN
11-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Can you bulk or cut using crappy food? Sure? Is it the healthiest thing in the world? Nope.

Mercuryblade
11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
One huge aspect in gaining weight whether it be muscle or fat is getting in the necessary caloric intake, something thats real tough for skinny guys like myself and you. Although fast food has things like carbs and protein and fats, and is a real easy source of calories, it lacks substantial nutrition, a key element in building a healthy weight, not to mention that all those animal fats and vegetable oils aren't the best for your heart. You can get your calories from healthy foods, I do it, its tough, but I do it. I was 144 about 6 weeks ago. I'm now about 154. This how I do it: (remember these are general ideas, this isn't perfect)
I eat every three hours, no exceptions, something is in my mouth every three hours. Going out with your friends, going to a party? Bring food with you. I bring food with me everywhere I go. I keep sandwiches in my car. I keep fruit cups, apples, carrots, granola bars, tuna fish or peanut butter sandwichs in my backpack (fresh ones, I make new ones every day obviously). Just EAT. Browse the nutrition forums for what to eat. I add olive oil and canola oil to pretty much everything I eat, if you can stand the taste of it with added canola oil or olive oil, do it. I also eat a ton of peanut butter. Healthy fats are a great source of calories. I put canola oil in my protein shakes along with peanut butter so I can increase the caloric content. Shao Lin is right too.

bschatz88
11-28-2005, 09:00 PM
I've gained 55 lbs in the last 6 months eating anything and everything. Some of it is muscle, alot of it is fat.
Am I healthy? Probably not.
Am I going to get huge? More than likely :)

Blazin Civic
11-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Hmm so maybe I am onto something here since I don't really seem to keep much fat and as long as I take my multi, ets and plenty of nitrean for good healthy protein eatting tons of calories from not so healthy food might do the trick. I am trying to bulk since cutting wouldn't help me to much here haha. Now I am definetly aware that cutting would not work on this diet but bulking just might.

bschatz88
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Yes, you can bulk on unhealty foods. But if you do it long enough and make eating garbage a lifestyle, you will pay in the long run....in the form of heart attacks and other not very good things :)

Blazin Civic
11-28-2005, 10:06 PM
True...well i'm only 20 so I got time to bulk myself up to where I want to be and then try and maintain from there. I would like to one day be a nice lean 190-200. Currently I am 158 and 6'0. Not doing to bad I was 148 when I started lifting a month ago so I got 10 pounds this month. Weight tends to flucate by a pound or two though.