PDA

View Full Version : Trying Again, Trying Harder....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WBBIRL
11-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Im starting over. The last journal wasn't heading the way I felt it should and I wasn't being as complete with it as I would have liked to. I've gained a lot of weight and took 3 months off that I shouldn't have. My new goal is to drop alot of weight and put strength training on the back burner (although not forgetting about it either). I understand that weight control isn't so much about how you lift, wrather then how much you eat. So while I still should atleast get back to where I was, if my strength doesn't go through the roof it will be alright for now. Im going to track calories in every way I can, but some things just dont have nutritional values on them. Like store bought store butchered chicken... its just not on there, unless theres a site that gives very close estimations on the caloriec content of that kinda stuff.

I'll be calling the gym owner today to price a 1 year membership (I'm getting it no matter the cost, its worth it) and will be starting back offically to the gym on December 1st. So a complete workout log and dietary log will be posted then. I will more then likely use fitday for that though.

-TIM-
11-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Do you have more than one option for gyms you can go to? Sometimes the prices can vary drastically. You don't want to end up spending too much for something just as good, that you can get cheaper elsewhere. Good luck on everything.

WBBIRL
11-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Really I have only one option and that is the gym I used to go to. Its less then 1 mile away, but the next closest is over 10 miles away. I'm pretty sure that I remember the chart on the wall in the gym saying a 1 year membership is 185$ (that or 255$). Its 32 a month if you pay monthly, if its 185$ a month that would cut me down to under half the monthly due, if its 255$ Ill end up paying about 10-11$ less per month. Either way I think its worth it, and when my mom gets off the phone I call and find out for sure.

EDIT: Called the guy but got an answering machine, he should call back within a few hours. Got my fitday up and entered what I've eaten so far today up until 3 P.M. and while the calories dont look so bad, the foods do.

KevinStarke
11-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Welcome back man, just started up again myself.

WBBIRL
11-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Glad to see you back, good luck.

Well I just updated my fitday again and im pretty supprised thus far. My protein intake is HORRIBLE without protein supplementation so I'm going to order 20-30lbs of ON Whey this friday when I get paid... I may even get a container of Nitrean.

Still no word from gym owner, and my bodys still shot from all that deer draging I did yesterday. It was the first day of rifle buck hunting here in PA and we went out. My brother shot a huge 13 point and my dad shot a decent 8 point.... needless to say I did most of the draging and it was hell because I was in crappy shape. I hope to hear back from the gym soon, and am just thinking of how to straiten out my horrible diet.

Utopianhopes
11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Man, you seem big. Your going to look awesome after your cut. You might want to make some short goals to help keep track as you plan to do a whole year of cutting. Something that helped me out with my diet was printing out "What a bodybuilder eats" from the Best of Diet and Nutrition threads (put it on my fridge), maybe it can help you. Goodluck, Hope to see some progress in here.

-TIM-
11-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Well $32 a month sounds very reasonable. I've been raped many times at $50+ a month. But that's just because I had to go to the "popular" gyms. I'm such a tool.

WBBIRL
11-29-2005, 04:50 PM
On my fit day I have a goal set to reach by 3/01/2006 and that is to lose 40lbs in 92 days or something. Only 3 lbs per week, which I think I can do.

Upon evaluating just one day of my fitday, I see things need to change... ALOT. Way too many of my calories are comming from carbs and not enough are comming from proteins. Fats are give or take in the right ball park.

Carbs are 49% of my diet today, Fats were 41% and poor ole protein weighed in at only 9%.

Im thinking of a 30% 40% 30% C, F, P split... thinking and hopeing that keeping my fat intake high will curb my goalith eating habbits.

WBBIRL
11-30-2005, 05:38 PM
After my second page in the fitday account, im getting sick just reading it. I havent heard back from the gym yet, which pisses me off at best. I'll be heading to walmart either friday or saturday to pickup some whey protein and a HP digital camera.

WBBIRL
12-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Called gym owner back, felt he had enough time to respond. It will cost me 295 for one year so I think I'll just pay the first month by itself (32$) and then pay for the year in January. I wont be able to make it out for the camrea until sunday most likely. Wal-Mart has Body Fortress whey protein for about 5$ a pound, and thats as cheap as I've found any protein anywhere.

Looking back at my fitday, its bad but with some work it can do much better.

Two MUST'S are getting up earlier so I can eat a good home cooked breakfast instead of McDonalds and I HAVE to figure a way to eat a better lunch at work... a pizza buffet wont cut it every day. That's the biggest part of my diet issues right now, that and low protein intake.

briancurran01
12-06-2005, 11:17 AM
good luck man

WBBIRL
12-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks man

Canadian Crippler
12-06-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't understand... you're trying to lose weight but you have McDonalds, pizza, icecream, Cheetos and french fries?

WBBIRL
12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Yea, thats the main problem right now. All that bad food was eaten during lunch time. I work now and my options are limited, my uncle takes his whole crew out for lunch (which im part of) and we usually go to a bar or something and thats about as healthy as it gets.

Once I get paid I think im going to get some tubs of cottage cheese, a few bags of boneless skinless chicken breasts, some fruits, tuna maybe, and some PB&J sandwiches to eat instead of eating fast food.

Wannabelean
12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
How's the diet going man?? Getting **** together? Even if you do go out to eat at bars or fast food, there are still things you can do to keep your diet in order. Almost everywhere has a chicken breast sandwich, get it with nothing on it or with lettuce and mustard or whatever. If it's a ****load of bread, don't eat it all. If dieting was super easy, everyone would be ripped, but there is almost always a solution or better alternative at any restaurant.

Canadian Crippler
12-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Yea, thats the main problem right now. All that bad food was eaten during lunch time. I work now and my options are limited, my uncle takes his whole crew out for lunch (which im part of) and we usually go to a bar or something and thats about as healthy as it gets.

Once I get paid I think im going to get some tubs of cottage cheese, a few bags of boneless skinless chicken breasts, some fruits, tuna maybe, and some PB&J sandwiches to eat instead of eating fast food.That would be a good, obvious idea. Pre-cook your meals and bring them to work with you. Also, you can bring whey and just mix it with water.

Wannabelean
12-13-2005, 12:29 PM
I pack my meals every single day during the week and if I forget them, buy protein bars. There's always a way big man, you just have to want it bad enough.

WBBIRL
12-13-2005, 04:10 PM
I do, but words wont describe it nearly as good as results will. Had to hold off on the gym because of my finanical situation. Will have a membership and a full workout in on friday.

SW
12-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Looking foreward to it.

Wannabelean
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Good deal dude!!

WBBIRL
12-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Well, I just went back and read the post I made about lunch time meals and I've amassed a small grocery list. I will be shoping with whats left out of my pay 225-160 (for gym fee's)-20 (for gasoline). So Ill probably spend around 20-25$ on food for my lunch, but it will be worth it. If im doing this im going into it whole heartly this time... half the job wont suffice.

Chicken will be the main staple in my new lunch lineup and thats fine because I can stand chicken. Some grilled venison will also be in order as we have over 200lbs of meat in the freezer. Other then that some cottage cheese, nuts, grapes, tuna fish, and the occasinal PB&J will be my new lunch time extravaganzia.

SW
12-15-2005, 05:02 PM
200lbs of meat in the freezer? I wouldn't leave home! Chicken is THE BEST food for cutting IMO. GOod job.

WBBIRL
12-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Yep, my brother shot a 200lb 13 point buck the first day (thought it was 14 but one was broken off) dad shot a 150lb 8 point first day and they both shot doe's the next saturday. We have close to 200lbs of deer meat.

Canadian Crippler
12-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Good showing Earl, best of luck!

WBBIRL
12-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Friday 8/16/05/

Chest/back/tri's/bi's/alot

Normal Grip Bench Press

135x10
155x8
185x6

Pec Deck

60x10
80x8
100x6

Seated Overhead DB Press

30x10
35x8
40x6

Hammer Curls

25x10
30x8
35x6

Tricep push downs with V bar

60x10
80x8
100x6

Weighed in at 315lbs but i was wearing my heavy hunting boots and had consumed about 64oz of water prior to that. The benching felt horribly heavy, everything did but espically the bench... woke up with extreme DOMS in my chest and biceps. They wont be around too much longer though, I'll get over them in about 1-2 weeks. I wont be weighing again until the first of January but by then I hope to be about 300-305. Strength felt ****ty, but I've been out a while and it may just be because my muscles need broken back in.

Canadian Crippler
12-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Good showing Earl. You should probably start filling in your FitDay again if you hope to get down to that weight.

Keep with it Earl!

WBBIRL
12-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Well went to the gym earilier and got some squat work in. Punny as hell but meh.

Oly bar Squats

bar x10
135x10
185x8
225x6

Various stretching, calf and ham work with very light weights. Did some ab work, situps, decline situps and weighted decline situps. Tried some eliptical but said **** in 15 min in to it.

KevinStarke
12-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Good to see you lifting man, keep at those squats.

SW
12-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Working abs sucks, but good to see you do it!

Canadian Crippler
12-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Don't worry Earl, the numbers will come back.

Wannabelean
12-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Grreat to see you back in the game big man. Keep up the good work and don't sweat the cardio, 15 minutes is better than nothing and getting your diet in order should be #1 right now.

WBBIRL
12-19-2005, 04:58 PM
It is, for damn sure.

Todays workout was alittle light, but I feel an improvement over Fridays.

Lat Pulldowns

60x10
80x8
100x6

About the same as usual, in fact this feels even easier then it did 3 months ago

DB Bench Press

35x10
50x10
55x8
60x6

Could have easily gone higher, no need to rush into this though.

DB Tricep Extentions

50x10
60x8
70x6

Tri's were alittle baked, but im still not over the DOMS... after I get past my rare soreness I feel atleast a 15% increase in everything.

Seated Rows
90x10
110x8
130x6

Kinda weird, not easy but not really hard either... just kept telling myself theres no hurry.

Workout went pretty good, finished in about 40 min. Strength hasn't droped as much as I would have figured in some areas... the only thing that really has taken a hugh hit so far is my flat oly bar benchpress. I can wait though, it's worth it.

KevinStarke
12-19-2005, 05:25 PM
good looking workout earl

Canadian Crippler
12-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Good showing Earl, you'll be putting your old numbers soon enough buddy.

Hey Earl, how'd the diet coming?

WBBIRL
12-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Diet is going okay, but will be alot better starting this friday when I get paid.

So far today I had

1 cup cereal /w half cup millk
64oz of water
16oz more of milk

(lunch from a bar)
Philly Cheese Steak Hoagie with small order of fries

Dinner was single serving of lasagna with 6 potato rolls (230 cals total and like 50G carbs). 16oz milk with dinner and 2 TSP butter with rolls.

Will have another 32-48oz water before bed, possible some form of carbs... maybe a open faced PB&J

Canadian Crippler
12-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Earl, why are you having Philly Cheese Steak Hoagie, fries, lasagna, and buttered rolls if you are trying to cut? You might want to cut out some of those foods for something less calorie dense, lower in sat. fats, and higher in protein.

Wannabelean
12-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Stop eating that junk, Earl!! haha.. Fries? Start packing yourself a lunch if you really can't find something better than a steak and cheese + fries for lunch out. Are you sure the 6 buttered rolls were only 230 calores/50g carbs? Dieting is where it's at man, it's hard to turn down all of that good food, but if you want to lose the fat that bad then you have to be a little more strict.

Nice looking workout man, if you need any tips or dieting advice you can private message me or IM me at FordMustang302r on AIM if you have it.

WBBIRL
12-20-2005, 06:22 AM
Yea I have AIM.

Thats the reason I want to stop eating lunch at bars, but until I get paid I can't do that. I need the money to go shoping... my gym membership (160$ for 6 months) blew a hole in my wallet. But once I get paid I will be eating a much better lunch. I felt the dinner was okay, but portion was just a hare bigger then it should have been. The potatoe rolls were just over the size of a golf ball and the bag said for 3 rolls (1 serving) that there were 115 or so cals and 2Xg carbs. Lasagna wasnt loaded down with cheese or red sauce, milk was 2% and butter was tub butter like a spread.

Todays workout will be lowerbody... not really sure what all I'll do, but squats will be the first thing.

Canadian Crippler
12-20-2005, 06:46 AM
Do you get the lunch for free, Earl? Because buying food from the grocery store would be cheaper than eating out.

WBBIRL
12-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Yes I do get my lunch for free, most of the time (when he wakes up before 1 PM and takes us out). I do know that buying food would be much cheaper and much better for me, and friday I will do just that.

12/20/05

Squats

BWx10
BARx10
95x10
95x10
95x10

Just really didn't feel good with these, getting to parallel seemed to be a bugger but I did have a hard day at work so meh. It should be better next time.

Seated leg curls

30x10
50x8
70x6

Easy Peasy

Seated Calf Raises

45x10
70x10
70x10

Leg Press

1PPSx10
1PPSx10
1PPSx10

Just did these as a kind of cool down/ weighted stretch.

All in all the workout felt good, sad about my numbers but its nothing new (having squated over 500lbs before). I will get back someday, I just haven't been that hungry since I've hit those numbers. Will start tracking my fitday starting this saturday and until then will do my very best not to let my diet go to ****. Depending on budget I may also pickup some protein and creatine this weekend.

SW
12-20-2005, 05:54 PM
You WILL get hungry again. Know what I do to keep the hunger burning? Read stuff about Dave Tate, read these forums and the so many others whose strength pwns me, and do research on the sort of lifting I do. Keeps me very hungry. You could try it, it may help.

WBBIRL
12-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Todays workout was okay, considering the fact I put 8 hard hours of labor in today.

12/21/05

Flat oly bar BP

135x10
185x10
205x4

Was going for 6 on the last one, I think the soreness just took over at 4.

DB Wrist curls

20x10
30x8
40x6

Easy, felt good

DB shrugs

50x10
60x8
70x6

Cable lat pulldowns

10x10
30x8
35x6

These were werid, there was like a pully station with two handels about 8 ft apart with pin weights like a lat machine. Put the adjustable handle holders all the way up and held the handles at shoulder level and pressed down to my sides... felt like a hella good workout. Cold see my arm's tweaking the whole time.

In all a good workout, had the crap whooped out of me from doing some good ole fashioned physical labor for 8 hours. Actually I felt BETTER after the workout then I did when I went in... my back is tighter then a ticks ass right now though. Diet has been alright this far.

Canadian Crippler
12-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Great session Earl, keep it up buddy.

SW
12-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I acutally like my back being tight. Don't ask why. Good session bro.

KevinStarke
12-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Great session man.

Stumprrp
12-21-2005, 06:34 PM
im glad you want to change your life style dude, listen to me, i used to be 280 lbs and im 16 years old, stay dedicated YOU CAN DO IT! if i can do it you can, work hard and stay focused.

i wish the best.

Hockey66
12-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Earl you're throwing around some awesome weights man.

Stay consistent and you'll be lean in no time.

Great work, Earl!

WBBIRL
12-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Todays workout was okay, but worked hard at work yet again... this time a 9 hour shift.

12/22/05 - Back

Rack pulls (3rd pin) w/ wrist wrap

225x5
225x5
315x3

Have 2-3 huge blisters on my hand that made this hell, but Im not just going to roll over for a little pain

Seated Rows

80x10
100x10
120x10
140x8

Felt good, Felt great... nough said

Diet was pretty intune today, had 3 eggs for breakfast with 4oz vitamin D milk and 16 oz water. For lunch I came home and grilled up 2 nice sized deer meat steaks and had 16 more oz of water. For dinner I had a can of tuna fish with 2 teaspoons of miracle whip on two slices of bread, may have a small snack later. Consumed about 32-48 oz of water at work and will get that much more atleast before beddy bye. Tommow I shop bizhes.

SW
12-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Hmmm, good workout and a nice diet man. Good job as of today! OH, I dearly love deer steaks.

Chubrock
12-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Damn you man. Wish I had some deer steaks. Haven't gotten around to hunting at all this season. Nice rack pulls man. I think this is the first time I've been in here. Good lookin stuff.

WBBIRL
12-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks guys.

I decided to eat a packet of cream of wheat oatmeal and a single banana. Had a butload of water and im at or around 1.5 g for the day. Finishing up some laundry then im hittin the ole sack, you grow while your sleeping.

Canadian Crippler
12-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Good work Earl.

Nito
12-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Earl, it looks like you got the diet up to par....Earl.

Earl, keep it up...the weight will fly off in no time.

You're routine is looking spot on Earl.

Earl, your routine is awesome.

Earl you're #1.

Canadian Crippler
12-22-2005, 10:56 PM
It was an AWESOME Earl, btw this is Earl, and btw, these Earl's are Earl!

Nito
12-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Nice Earls, I mean curls.

Canadian Crippler
12-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Hey Earl, I remember you were thinking about doing a new routine Earl. Have you come up with an idea yet, Earl?

Earl, I recommend the upper/lower/rest/upper/lower/rest/rest split. It worked well for me Earl, I think it would do you well too Earl.

Nito
12-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Hey Earl if you fill out your fitday it will be easier to track your calorie intake, you know what I mean Earl? Because listen Earl, when I didn't track my cals I couldn't properly gauge my calorie intake. Earl try it out for a bit and see how it goes. Good luck Earl!

Canadian Crippler
12-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey Earl if you fill out your fitday it will be easier to track your calorie intake, you know what I mean Earl? Because listen Earl, when I didn't track my cals I couldn't properly gauge my calorie intake. Earl try it out for a bit and see how it goes. Good luck Earl!Earl, I agree with Josh. Fitday makes things much easier Earl. Diet looks good though Earl, keep at it Earl!

Nito
12-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey Earl, I remember you were thinking about doing a new routine Earl. Have you come up with an idea yet, Earl?

Earl, I recommend the upper/lower/rest/upper/lower/rest/rest split. It worked well for me Earl, I think it would do you well too Earl.

Yeah Earl, I agree with Mitch. Earl a new routine might get those muscles working. Try it out Earl!

Canadian Crippler
12-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey Earl, are your goals more strength based or size based?

Nito
12-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Based on previous chats with Earl, I presume that Earl is currently doing a strength routine? Right Earl?

Canadian Crippler
12-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Why don't we let Earl answer that... go ahead Earl.

Nito
12-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah you're right Mitch, lets let Earl answer the question. Sorry Earl!

debussy
12-23-2005, 01:08 PM
wtf is wrong with you two...

WBBIRL
12-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Yea, SPAM ATTACK *gets out anit spam helmet*

12/23/05

Felt good before I got to the gym, had a semi easy day at work

Arnold Presses

20x10
30x8
35x6

These were much harder then I thought

Upright rows

35x10
55x8
75x6

Felt good, felt easy

Lying Tricep extention

*tried* 75 with a curling bar... wasnt set up right didnt happen...
35x10
45x8

Screwed these up becuase of bad form, was the first time. Will try again with a spotter and more know how.

Lat Pulldowns

80x10
100x8
120x6

All in all, good workout and even better day. Little tired so shoping will happen tommorow morning some time. Next week I will try to go up atleast 5lbs on all sets/reps.

KevinStarke
12-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Nice workout man, gotta love those arnolds.

Canadian Crippler
12-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Nice session Earl, keep it up Earl!

Nito
12-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Nice Lat Pull Down Earl, you're a strong guy Earl. Keep it up Lil' Earl!

Wannabelean
12-25-2005, 07:04 AM
Good job Brandon. Are you still dieting on Christmas? I hear everything is calorie free on birthdays and christmas and thanksgiving. haha Merry Christmas big man

WBBIRL
12-25-2005, 09:43 AM
I will be following my diet losely today... a cap of 2500 calories is in place. Will eat all the turkey and vegtables I want, moderate ammounts of ham, sweet potatoes, and and pigs in a blanket. Things like potato salad will be kept to half a serving or so. Don't know if I have to work on monday, but Ill be in the gym monday so expect a full workout

Nito
12-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Have a Merry Christmas Earl! Good luck with the diet Earl!

WBBIRL
12-25-2005, 05:01 PM
No work on monday, didn't do to much damage with my diet so things should be interesting tommorow.

WBBIRL
12-26-2005, 04:16 PM
12/26/05

Weighed in at the gym at 309.5lbs, down 5.5lbs from last monday and I think thats pretty good even though that scale is for a matter of fact wrong. Todays workout went real nice, it was intense because I took shorter rests then normal.

DB Bench Press
45x10
65x8
75x6

Lat Pulldowns

100x10
125x8
145x5*

4th rep was very poor form, and 5th rep was only about 3/4 of a rep... was going for 6 but since my form had already been compimised I figured enough.

Seat Strait Back Cable Rows
100x10
140x8
160x6

Not really sure if my form is correct, Ill check out exrx later.

DB Skull Crushers

45x10 (some guy was using the 50's)
70x8
80x6

My Tri's were smoked after this, Ill get better.

My weight loss was exceptional considering I didn't feel I really put that much effort into it those first few days. I went to the GNC in our local mall and bought 5lbs of 100% ON Whey GOLD STANDARD double rich choclate and its very good in water and extremely good in fat free milk. Went to the wall mart and bought: 2 bags of boneless skinless chicken breasts (14 breasts), Gallon of Fat Free Milk, 2 tubs of lowfat (1% milkfat) cottage cheese, 2 boxes of quaker instant oatmeal ( fruit flavors varitey box), 10 cans of starkist tuna, 2 packages of Jell-o sugar free jello snack cups (12 cups with only 10 cals each). My friend also gave me a bodyfortress fruit punch 5lb container of creatine which I will be takeing. Its a bit nasty to drink... also got a bottle of 150 mulit vit's for 4.50 at the local Dollar General... has no B vitamins though Ill have to get some.

Canadian Crippler
12-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Sounds great Earl, I guess everything is in check for ya now Earl.

Keep it up Earl.

Bob
12-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Awesome work Earl... your progress is good and you should hit your goals..

WBBIRL
12-26-2005, 08:43 PM
For anyone who doesnt know... "Earl" is a named cooked up by good ole CC and not my real one.

Nito
12-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Its okay Earl, no need to lie. Be proud of who you are Earl!

WBBIRL
12-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Today is going good so far, just came home and had myself some lunch. Ill post up what I've consumed so far in the day, and then hit the fitday soon after.

Breakfast

2 packages of quacker instant oatmeal (bananas and cream)
16oz water

Lunch

1 10 cal Jell-0 snack cup (orange)
half cup of low fat cottage cheese
32 oz water
8-10oz of fried deer meat
Scoop of ON whey in 8oz Fat Free Milk

Grand total of calories at this point is: 560 without deer meat ( I suspect the deer meat had about 300-400 calories for as much as I had ) Putting me at about 1000 cals for this point in the day. Another 150 calories will be added for my creatine shake after the workout and another 120 will be added for my last ON shake which will be in water. I will end the day out at between 1600-1900 calories.

Canadian Crippler
12-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Earl, awesome job man. Diet is in check and you'll make some great progress Earl!

Wannabelean
12-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Any idea how much protein you are getting throughout the day? I am glad to see things are coming together for you. What is your weight at now?

WBBIRL
12-27-2005, 04:18 PM
CC-Thanks

GetLean- Rough Idea, once I do my fitday Ill edit this post with the exact number. I get 40g from shakes, 9g from the cottage cheese, 8-9g from the fat free milk. Those are pretty much the only constants in the protein category. I know I need more then im getting but I cant afford to eat it in shakes. I will try to aim for about 200g per day as I figure at best thats my LBM (200LBS). I weigh about 309.5 as of yesterday and wont know again until this friday.

EDIT: Im at 824 calories without the deer meat, I have really no idea of its nutritional values. Carbs are 53%, Fats are 9 and Protein is 38%. Id like to get it to 40-10-50 so im not THAT far off.
Todays workout 12/27/05

5 min of stretching

Squats

barx10
135x8
165x6

My back doesnt seem to be as good about bearing a load as it was in the past... I also did Barbell Standing Calf Raises and 315lbs on my back sorta was the limit.

Standing Calf Raises

135x10
225x10
315x10

I need to get my back used to supporting heavy weight

Diet and all is looking good, only minor tweak is slightly more protein

Canadian Crippler
12-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Yep Earl, they definately just need to get used to lifting again Earl. Keep it up buddy, time to get lean Earl!

Wannabelean
12-28-2005, 05:36 AM
Let's get some more protein in that first meal buddy boy. Toss some protein powder in that oatmeal

WBBIRL
12-28-2005, 02:08 PM
First meal of day was

ON whey shake in fat free milk
Peaches and Cream oatmeal (1 Package)

Lunch

Chicken breast borilled
Jell-O snack cup
half cup low fat cottage cheese

At this point im at 634 caloires, will eat two more times... once within the hour and another at about 7 or 8 o clock. Calories will be 1500-1700 for today. My macros at this point for two meals are: Carbs 30%, Fats, 16% Protein 54% and 85 g of protein. Looking better...

Todays workout will be

Oly Bar Bench Press

DB wrist curls

Standing Flys

BB shrugs

I will make it my point to work my grip on the shrugs and I will try to improve atleast 5lbs per rep/set from last week. Maybe even add a set of heavy close grips for the tris on the bench part.

WBBIRL
12-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Todays workout was okay, im just pissed about how small my hands are.

Oly Bar Bench Press

135x10
190x6
225x4 (tried for 6 but no way... not yet)
135x10 (speed set close grip)

DB wrist curls

20x10
35x10
45x8
55x6

Standing Cable Chest Flys

30x10
50x8
90x3ish ( failed reps after 2 )
75x3ish ( failed but better reps then the 90x3 )

DB shrugs

55x10
65x8
75x6

Static DB holds

90lbs x 20 seconds
90lbs x 20 seconds
90lbs x 20 seconds

I hate my small hands, Ifeel that they hold me back.

KevinStarke
12-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Workouts are lookin good earl, keep it up.

WBBIRL
12-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks

My fitday sits at about 1k cals at this point in the day, I figure my dinner will be 500-700 maybe 800 calories. My strength is comming along, but its just tough when your not where you were.

Canadian Crippler
12-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Nice session Earl. Personally I have big hands Earl, so gripping the 100s for many seconds is no problem for me Earl. Have you tried one arm and two arm hangs Earl? Those will really blast the grip Earl!

WBBIRL
12-28-2005, 05:04 PM
You have no problem static holding 100lb DBS for 30+ seconds??? Lucky Bastard.

Canadian Crippler
12-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Earl, try out 1-arm and 2-arm hangs. These will really blast the grip Earl! If you can't do any 1-arm hangs but 2-arm hangs are too easy, add weight Earl.

WBBIRL
12-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Todays workout

Rack Pulls from 3rd Pin on Power Rack

135x10
135x10
135x10
225x5
225x5

Felt kinda easy, but my grip is still ****

Seated Cable Rows

60x10
80x10
100x8
120x8
140x6

Kinda easy, last set was tough but I did it with good form

Also tried some of those two arm hangs (1 isnt happening). Did it twice but could only do bodyweight x 10 seconds before failure.

Diet was on par today, some light snacking just recently and we went out for supper. I had a plate of shrimp stir fry.

Canadian Crippler
12-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Keep it up with the hangs man, they really helped me a lot.

WBBIRL
12-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Does anyone think im not doing enough in any one area??? I dont think those two lifts were enough for back, but my back felt pretty worked after them. My workouts need a major restructuring and whatnot.

WBBIRL
12-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Weighed myself yesterday... 308.3ish at around 11:00 P.M. Seems I lost about 1.2lbs since last week. I guess thats alright since I cheated a tad on my diet twice. That and my weight may have been slightly high since I had water and food probably still left in my stomace.

I will be 100% strict on my diet this week and see how things go, I will incorperate a little cardio instead of droping cals at this point... since im already at 1600-1900. Missed my workout yesterday due to staying 45 min later at work and needing a hair cut, will make up for it tonight.

WBBIRL
12-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Last workout of the year....

Arnold Presses
20x10
25x8
30x6

Felt good, very easy and a nice warmup

Upright Oly Bar Rows

Bar x 10
65 x 8
75 x 6

The bar is kinda bigger and really smooth where I put my hands, made it a littler harder to hold. But grip wasnt an issue

Lat Pulldowns
80x10
105x8
130x6

Almost comprimised the form for the last rep, but pushed it through and stayed strict.

DB Skull crushers

45x10
60x8
70x6

Felt good, last set was very easy

In all not a bad session, I weighed myself again but I think the scale is off and that the reading wasnt accurate. It weighed me at about 304.5 I consumed about 2200-2400 cals today. Will have about 128oz of water total

Wannabelean
01-02-2006, 07:23 AM
You're doing great, Earl! I wouldn't really sweat the small hands issue, my girlfriend has longer fingers/hands than I do but that doesn't mean you can't have a monster grip. Do some plate pinching, hangs like CC was talking about and keep working out without straps and other devices and your grip will follow. Keep it up dude

Stumprrp
01-02-2006, 07:26 AM
looking good man keep workin hard

KevinStarke
01-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Workouts lookin good Earl keep it up.

Canadian Crippler
01-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Happy 2006 Earl!! Good luck this coming year Earl.

WBBIRL
01-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks everyone

Todays Workout

Incline BB Benchpress on a Smith Machine

Bar x 10
115x 8
125x 6

Standing BB Military Press

Bar x 10

65 x 10

95 x 6

My Tris are JUST LIVING at this point, VERY HARD

Bicep curls using curling Bar

35x10
65x8
75x6

Pretty smooth, felt good. Havent done direct bicep work in a while

All in all diet and workout went good today, Still not getting enough protein but cals are 1034 without my dinner. Which was about 7 perogis with meat sauce and a slice of buttered bread which I think was about 800-1k cals so im in the right range. Tommorow Ill tighen the cals down alittle bit.. maybe 1600-1700

WBBIRL
01-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Diet was on tune today, very good so far.

Leg Press
270x10
360x5
500x5

The 500x5 was somewhat hard, but its alright. Just did these becuase the gym was packed and no one was using it.

Squats

95x10
135x8
185x5
225x3
235x3

Felt good, its getting better.

Was going to do some box squats also but I figured enough for one day.

WBBIRL
01-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Chest and Lats

BB Bench Press

135x10
185x6

These two sets were done using the grip kevin is now using, ring finger on the ring. This bar is like chrome though as was slippery, my hands kept slideing outwards.

185x8
205x6

These sets were done with my pinky just inside the ring

DB Lateral Raises

15x10

Seated Lat Pulldowns

100x10
125x8

BB Shrugs
135x10
225x8
315x3

The last set hit me hard, not in the grip but just couldnt shrug it.

Things are getting better, bench is just slow to rebound. That and im loseing weight, so that may also be a factor

KevinStarke
01-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Nice workout man, read over my grip though man i said a few times i've changed my grip to "index" finger on the ring. Solid workout.

WBBIRL
01-05-2006, 06:21 PM
01/05/06- Back/Legs

Tommorws my next weigh in, but I expect to only be about 305. I have been slacking the tiniest bit lately but 300 cals can kill you when your metabolism is as dead as mine is.

Rack Pulls (4th Pin)

135x10
225x8
315x4

No straps on these

BB Deadlifts

135x10
225x6
*added straps*
225x8
315x3

315 was harder then I remember, but for being my first time deading in 4 months I think I did okay. Im gunning for 450lbs by july-aug.

Seated Strait Back Cable Rows

60x10
80x10

Just a light active cool down

Felt good, felt damn good after deading. On a side note I think I pulled something above my coaller bone... but oh well, weights wont lift themselves.

SW
01-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Lol, weights won't lift themselves. I like that attitude. Man, on 300 cals, I wouldn't get outta bed lol and here you are working your ass off. Doing well, what do you expect for this weighin?

WBBIRL
01-05-2006, 06:40 PM
No Nick, I try to stay <1800 calories every day expect weekends. But Im sure atleast twice during this week I was up to about 2400-2500 ( dinner is my last problem meal ). I was hopeing to be under 305 but Ill take 305.

If I was only getting 300 cals and working 8-9 hours a day plus lifting you would find me face down in a puddle somehwhere.

KevinStarke
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Great workout man, nice deads.

Stumprrp
01-05-2006, 07:13 PM
good workouts man keep it up

BigCorey75
01-06-2006, 09:50 AM
good workouts man, glad to see your reaching your goals.

Do you do any cardio or just watch what you eat?

WBBIRL
01-06-2006, 08:16 PM
@Kevin

Thanks man, deads felt good.

@ Stump

TY man

@ BigCorey

No cardio yet, I want to lose a little bit more weight before I start cardio... I don't wana **** up and lose lean body mass. So its just my cleaner diet pulling me thus far.

12/6/06

Chest/Bi's

DB Bench Press

45x10
45x10
70x8
80x6

Could have repped both the 70's and 80's more, maybe 2 more times each but I left it at that. Form stayed solid and Im happy for now

Pec Dec

60x10
80x8
100x6

Easy, just wanted the chest volume without going nuts

DB Hammer Curls

15x10
30x8
35x6
40x3

Last set sucked, but I want to progress better in accesory lifts

Weighed out at 302.5, but I need to take more care of my water consumption. I will do a better job to get atleast 128 oz every day. Diet was alright today... but not as good as it could be. I had 2 packets of peaches and cream oatmeal, a mulit vitamin, and a protein shake for breakfast. A buffalo chicken sandwich with a small order of fires for lunch, and a porkchop with about a can of pea's and half a cup of mashed potatoes for dinner. Had a protein shake 15 min after workout. Feeling good, starting only using creatine 3x a week (M, W, F). I plan on starting light cardio when I reach 270LBS, which should be about the end of March.

Wannabelean
01-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Great job man!! Weights are looking good and you're dropping the lbs. Keep it up

KevinStarke
01-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Nice workout man, strength is definitelly comming along.

M.J.H.
01-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Strength is looking good, keep it up. :)

WBBIRL
01-09-2006, 05:48 PM
12/09/06 Chest and Tri's

Cable Tricep Pushdowns

60x10
80x8
100x6

Lightly working my tri's up for the Incline DB's

Incline DB's

45x10
45x10
60x8
70x8
90x6

The last set was sorta tough, but I'll get better at it. Can't ever remember doing Incline DB Benchpress so its all good.

Skull Crushers

45x10
60x8
80x6

Last set was hard, but my tri's were sorta baked.

Pec Deck

80x10
100x8
120x6

Sorta easy, last set was a workout but coulda gone higer.

Diet was good today, water cosumption better then normal. I've gone to takeing creatine only 3x per week and had some today. Had 2 protein shakes today. Lifting was alright, the Incline DB's felt pretty good.

KevinStarke
01-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Solid chest work man, interesting layout though. Do you know what exercises your gonna be doing when you hit the gym or do you just go along and do what you feel like doing that day?

WBBIRL
01-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, I dont really have it ever all planned out. Figured I would hit the tri's with a warmup then work out the chest instense like. Finish off the tris with a high weight lift and cool down with a moderate chest lift.

My workout structure / lift selection needs alot of work.

KevinStarke
01-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Well if you need any advice on strength building setups let me know, im completely ignorant to bodybuilding style lifting though.

WBBIRL
01-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Couldn't hurt man, I open to any suggestions. Right now im loseing weight, so while powerlifting is still my style... i dont think ill be makeing powerlifitng gains until I go back to maintance calories.

KevinStarke
01-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Diets something you should be focusing on then, working out is great and all but when it comes down do it its the 22 hours you spend outside the gym that is the real struggle.

SW
01-11-2006, 09:44 AM
PLing tough on calories such as that. ****, getting out of bed would be an issue for me. I respect you alot for sticking to 300 cals man.

WBBIRL
01-11-2006, 05:54 PM
PLing tough on calories such as that. ****, getting out of bed would be an issue for me. I respect you alot for sticking to 300 cals man.

Im getting alot more then 300 cals... probably upwards of 1500 on average.

I do want to lose weight, but my stenght should atleast get close to what is was before.

Got two workouts to post up, couldnt get on yesterday.

01/10/06

Lower Body Day

Barbell Squats

Bar x 10
Bar x 10
135x 10
185x 8

** Added a box **

225x6
315x2

First rep of 315 was eaiser then I thought, went alittle too gung hoe on the second rep and nearly did a good morning with it... if not for my rapidly improving back and core strenght I could have hurt myself with that one. Left it at that and learned my lesson

Seated Leg Extention
45x10
90x8
135x6

This workout was okay, getting my squats back is makeing my flipping day.

01/11/06

Lats / Biceps

I sudden realized that I knew very few lat exercises at the top of my head at the gym....

Seated Lat Pulldowns

80x10
105x10
120x8
140x5*

* Fifth rep was like 4/5's of a rep... doesnt count in my book.

DB Hammer Curls

20x10
30x8
37.5 x 6

Arnold Press's
20x10
20x10
30x8
40x6

Form on the last set was comprimised somewhat, Im still not ready for 40's.

That was all for today, my workouts are lacking structure and all too often using the same lifts. Im thinking of cutting down chest workouts too just mondays and fridays... but I dont know. Im not sure what to do really. Water intake is better then its been, diets been alittle off but still alright.

SW
01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
I have no idea where I'm getting this 300 cal thing from. I swear to God I read it in here and was myself wondering how you (anyone) could functin on them. I'm not stupid, just dense :D

Canadian Crippler
01-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Lat Pulldowns (various grips)
DB Rows
BB Rows
Pullups
Chinups
T-Bar Rows
Seated Cable Rows (various grips)
DB Pullovers
BB Pullovers
Cable Pullovers

:D

Canadian Crippler
01-11-2006, 06:38 PM
PS Great session Earl!

WBBIRL
01-12-2006, 05:25 PM
01/12/06

Back

Well, today was a nice day outside and work went nicely , althought I did manage to smash my head off the corner of a juke box lid and nows theres a big red line there LOL.

Felt better strength in the gym today, all around

Seated Cable Rows

80x10
100x10
120x8

BB Deadlifts

45 x 10
135x10
225x8
315x4 ( should have gone for one more, could have gotten it)

At this point I needed straps (or so I thought)

315x2

WTF I did less with straps then I could without

Then I waited 2 min, deaded it again and held it to failure which I think was about 20 seconds.

Seated T Bar Rows

110x10
180x8
210x6

In all not a bad workout. Started using the mixed grip instead of a double over hand and I think its goana be alot better. Whats weird is that the 4 reps of 315 without straps felt easier then the 2 with the straps. Even the last set when I held the 315 (without straps) seemed to go up easier then the set with the straps. I think Im not using straps anymore... screw em. I think the workout may have been just a shade low in volume, but maybe not. Weigh in tommorow bishes... hopefully im like 296-297.

WBBIRL
01-13-2006, 06:50 PM
01/13/06

Chest

Workout was too low on volume, will do some research this weekend and do better about it.

BB Benchpress

45x10
135x10
185x8
210x6
215x6

Pec Deck

60x10
100x8
140x6

Weighed out at 302.... only a half pound loss. Ill weigh in again tommorow after my morning leak. Should I be more pissed about the slow strength gains.. or not so worried about it since im loseing weight.

KevinStarke
01-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Volume isnt everything man, good workout though

WBBIRL
01-13-2006, 07:07 PM
True, But I've really hoped to be further along in some cases. Squats seem to be coming along nicely, deadlift is like I never stopped and bench just seems to be lagging. Ill wait it out though, I want to be able to rep 225 again by the end of the month, even if its only 4 times.

SW
01-13-2006, 07:18 PM
If you're losing weight man.... I wouldn't complain. One thing at a time. Better to give 100% to losing weight right now as badly as you want to get rid of it.

KevinStarke
01-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Cant do everything at the same time. I would lose the weight then mold your body any way you wish.

WBBIRL
01-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Word to that, I think Im going to have to get 100% on the diet now. Last week or so Id say I was 75-80% and since I only lost half a pound I would think thats not enough. Water intake is up though, makes me think. Im figureing a 1800 cal cap on weekdays and a 2200-2300 cal cap on weekends is in order.

WBBIRL
01-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Weighed again today after a meal and some water... 300 flat, figure im under 300 easy.

WBBIRL
01-16-2006, 05:15 PM
01/16/06

Chest/Shoulders

BB Benchpress
135x10
185x8
215x6

Upright BB Row
Oly bar x 10
80x 8
95x 6

Dumbell Flys
25x10
30x8
35x6

These were really rough, I dont think your arms are supposed to be strait, and I dont think your to go to paralle with your chest. This KILLED my biceps and left my chest unscathed.

Arnie Presses
25x10
30x8
35x6
42.5x6

These were easier, make it up 5lbs from last time.

Good workout, felt good through out it. Diet was in tune today... nothing to really complain about. Stength comeing back slow is pissing me off... but im cutting.

WBBIRL
01-17-2006, 05:20 PM
01/17/06

For some reason it seems like I didn't recover at ALL from yesterday.

Squats
Bar x 10
135x10
185x8
225x4

These KILLED me, the 135's were hard and I felt fatigued/exhausted the whole time. Thought maybe not enough water in me today so I bought and drank a 24oz bottle from the gym.

Leg Presses
3PPSx10
3PPSx10
3PPSx10
5PPSx10
6PPSx5
6PPSx5

Felt good, still hard though....

Its like I never recovered from yesterday.... EXTREME DOMS in my biceps and lower back is tight. Oh well, on to the next one.

SW
01-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Drink water like an alcoholic does miller light.

Stumprrp
01-17-2006, 06:15 PM
keep pushing my friend, you can do this, looking good so far.

WBBIRL
01-18-2006, 05:42 PM
01/18/06

Chest and Tri's

Incline DB Bench Press
40x10
40x10
70x8
90x3

Was going for 6 on the 90's, form got comprimised and weights almost fell on the 4th rep.... just let it be for today.

Cable Tricep Pulldowns

90x10
120x8
150x6

Standing Cable Flys
60x10
90x8
150x6

DB Skull Crushers

45x10
45x10
75x8
100x6*

Werent complete reps... just wasnt ready but didnt wana blow the lift. I would say 80% reps. Next time Ill just use 90's.... not ready for 100's yet.

Im really REALLY disgusted with my new ability to recover poorly. Im hopeing to pin it on cutting, little sleep, poor hydration over the last 2 days. Had about 6.5-7 hours each day so far this week... water is under a gallon a day but not that far under. I REALLY hope that its just the cutting deal that makes my legs sore as hell after a squatting session for 2 days. Pulling tommorow is goana be hell if I feel the way I do right now. I hope to be down to about 296 this friday... 298 will be acceptable.

WBBIRL
01-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Picked out tommorows lifts tonight, to be sure I dont end up thinking "WTF do I do now"

Bent over BB Row ( First time ever attempting, Im sure the weight will suck )

BB Deadlifts from ground

Rack Pulls

Havent decided what to go heavy on yet... if I go heavy on the Rack's then I probably will only go about 70% on the Deads. The BO BB Rows are new.. so who knows.

Did anyone ever notice exrx.net doesnt list BB Deadlifts for back????????

Canadian Crippler
01-18-2006, 10:12 PM
I think you need more upper back work. You got 3 chest/tri's and a couple legs in there but no back/bi at all in that cycle.

Oh, I'd add lat pulldowns to the mix.

Sidior
01-18-2006, 11:27 PM
lat pulldowns are a good exercise, also I think it make more sense to go balls to the wall on the deads and maybe the rack pulls will suffer a bit, as opposed to the other way around

WBBIRL
01-19-2006, 10:21 AM
I think you need more upper back work. You got 3 chest/tri's and a couple legs in there but no back/bi at all in that cycle.

Oh, I'd add lat pulldowns to the mix.

Not quite sure what your talking about crip... right now this is how my workouts boil down.

Monday is Chest/Bi's
Tuesday is Squats/ various other leg work
Wednesday is Chest/Tri's
Thursday is Back/Traps
Friday is Chest/Lats/

On Fridays I may sprinkle in some ab work, just to get some direct work for the group. I have a feeling though that benching 3x a week is no good.... but I still dont think im smart enough to make that call. Volume in general seems lower to me, but as of late im haveing one HELL of a time recovering.

If this breakdown im doing now doesnt start working out better, im going to switch... to what I have no idea.

Wannabelean
01-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Nice work so far man, everything is looking pretty good. I hope you are where you want to be by the end of the week

WBBIRL
01-19-2006, 05:39 PM
We will see, but I think Ill be there.

1/19/06

Back/Traps

BO BB Rows

135x10
155x8
155x6

Harder then I thought, will need to check one thing out about my form... but my DOMS are still killing me all over.

BB Deadlift

155x10
225x8
315x3

Three was all I was getting, my back was fried before I even touched a weight today... still had to make an effort

DB Shrugs
30x10
30x10
60x8
80x6

Left it at that, enough trap work IMO... atleast for now.

Workout was fine, but DAMIT im not healing worth crap. DOMS all over, like every workout has hit me at once. I have no idea whats up... im just going to try to push through it.

KevinStarke
01-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Solid workout man.

TheCommander
01-19-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm liking your workouts and progress. You're going to be a lean ass monster if you keep this up. Keep it up!

Canadian Crippler
01-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Not quite sure what your talking about crip... right now this is how my workouts boil down.

Monday is Chest/Bi's
Tuesday is Squats/ various other leg work
Wednesday is Chest/Tri's
Thursday is Back/Traps
Friday is Chest/Lats/

On Fridays I may sprinkle in some ab work, just to get some direct work for the group. I have a feeling though that benching 3x a week is no good.... but I still dont think im smart enough to make that call. Volume in general seems lower to me, but as of late im haveing one HELL of a time recovering.

If this breakdown im doing now doesnt start working out better, im going to switch... to what I have no idea.A few problems here IMO..

a) Why are you doing chest 3 times a week, but leg work only once? Think of the size difference between quads+hammies+glutes versus pecs. Doesn't even make much sense to have an even amount of work for the two, let alone 3x as much.

b) The exercises on "Back/Traps" on Thursday hit the same muscle groups as the "Lats" on Friday. You should space those workouts out.

I think you'd be better off replanning the routine personally, but it's up to you. Good job thus far Earl!

tigo
01-20-2006, 02:19 AM
damn you do alot of chest work
i'd suggest changing that chest\bi day to back\bi
so you have more balance

nice lifts though and keep it up :thumbup:

WBBIRL
01-20-2006, 06:26 AM
Any suggestions are welcome, as I've said a few times in the past month or so. My workouts do need rewritten, this much I know.

Feeling MUCH better this morning, no nutty wicked DOMS and good alot of sleep last night. Makeing myself some breakfast then its off to work.

225x4 tonight on flat BB bench!!!

KevinStarke
01-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Nail it Earl

Canadian Crippler
01-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Nail me Earl

I mean it.

Wannabelean
01-20-2006, 09:13 AM
LMAO!!!

Nice work Brandon

SW
01-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Tear **** up IRL!

WBBIRL
01-20-2006, 07:08 PM
GOT ER DONE.... 225x4.

01/20/06

Chest / Bi's

Standing Cable Bicep Curls
30x10
75x8
90x6

Flat BB Bench
135x10
185x8
225x4 !!! YES BIOTCHES

Incline Smith Benchpress

135x10
135x8
155x5 * missed sixth rep

Made my goal of 225x4 but missed on the weight loss goal... 299lbs. Will weigh again in the morning.

KevinStarke
01-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Great session man, congrats on the benching.

WBBIRL
01-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Switched my grip up, from now on the closest I will grip on any bench is pinkys on the rings. I know bench is more about chest then anything and I felt I have alot of untapped potential in this 60" chest I've got. So im going to start using it.

KevinStarke
01-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Actually bench is more about triceps, look at the whole motion of it man. Pink on the ring sounds solid to me.

WBBIRL
01-23-2006, 04:38 PM
01/23/06

Chest/ Light Tri's

DB Benchpress
45x10
75x8
90x8

Pec-Deck

80x10
100x10
140x8

DB Skull's
45x10
75x8
90x6

Laying down seated cable flys
90x10
120x10
150x10

That was it for me, chest really feelin it. Weight was 301 today but I cheated alot yesterday for the steelers game and cheated alot today at lunch time. Had 2 chillie dogs from sheetz and a cheeseburger on a pretzel bun. Will make up for it and WONT let it happen again. Need to keep reminding myself that while I can cheat alittle I shouldnt be undoing all my hard work.

Utopianhopes
01-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Be careful with the rapid weight lose. Don't want to need to have surgery in order to remove the loose skin.

SW
01-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Cheating once in a while is normal bro. Just keep at it and you'll see continueing success.

WBBIRL
01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
01/24/06

Legs

Laying Cable Leg Curls

60x10
80x8
100x6

Light Leg press work for stretching

BB Squats

Bar x 10
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 6

The 225 x 6 is a big improvment, last time it took a box to get that many. Will work at that weight for another week or two and then bump up.

SW
01-24-2006, 05:01 PM
GOod deal man, keep it strong!

WBBIRL
01-25-2006, 05:05 PM
1/25/06

Chest/Shoulders/Lats

BB Benchpress
135x10
185x8
225x6 (up 2 reps from monday)

Lat Pulldowns (Behind Neck)
80x10
100x8
120x6

Lat Pulldowns
100x10
120x8
140x6

DB Shoulder Press

45x10
65x8
75x6

HOW do you guys get these freakin started. I know I can do more then 75.. maybe the 90's but no way in hell can I get them in position. I basically had to do the worst form ever DB clean with the 75s and then sit down with them at shoulder height.

Anrie Presses
20x10
30x8
40x6

Gotta love Arnies

Workout was good. Weight loss is becomming ****... 301 today. Cheating is happening slightly due to hunger. Im going to have to do something... find some very low cal foods I can snack on when I get these hunger stabs around 3 PM. That and start puttin the water down a hour or so before 3. Havent lost a single ounce since 10 days ago.. even managed to gain back about a pound. I WILL NOT let this slip away... no way no how.

KevinStarke
01-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Why are you heavy benching again

Wannabelean
01-26-2006, 05:42 AM
Nice workout.. When I do DB Presses I just sit down with them on my knees and bounce them up like I am doing a super calf raise hahaa

WBBIRL
01-26-2006, 05:29 PM
@ kev... shouldnt I be????

@lean man... tried that brotha and just realized my efforts were futile. That or I was going about it the wrong way or in a bad position.

01/26/06

Back

BB Rack Pulls

135x10
225x8
315x6
405x1 *with straps*

DAMNIT I had to use straps for the 405. Next time I think Ill go with 365 so I can work my grip. May have got the 405 without had I tried harder but didnt wana pull anything or hurt my back. The 315 felt alittle easier to hold this time round.

Seated Cable Rows
60x10
100x8
140x6

Seated T Bar Rows
90x10
180x8
180x6

Was all for me, back felt good and happy to rack pull the 405 even if I had to use straps. Diet has been more on key so far but its damn hard to stay at 1500 cals. Another weigh in tommorow and im hoping for 299 ish maybe 298 if I weigh in early in the morning. Setting a short term goal of 285lbs by the end of March.

Stumprrp
01-26-2006, 06:19 PM
congrats on the 405 rack pull! i was so happy when i got mine, then i switched to the floor and 315 made my back rubber, beware matey. =P

SW
01-26-2006, 06:49 PM
I like your session. Ditch the straps for static holds once a week. 10 sec is a looong time with 400lbs in your hands. Do it and it'll help out.

WBBIRL
01-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Held the 315 for 10-15 without straps... held the 405 with straps for like 10 seconds.

Stump my man, I know about the floor... can only pull like 315 4-6 times right now. But it will get better

WBBIRL
01-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Well I know my workout needs revamped alot. It seems Im doing way too much chest work and my lifts are all to common. Same lifts week in week out. Benching 3x a week is probably a bad idea.

Took yesterday off, worked until after 6 P.M. and figured that since I get enough chest work and every other group had been hit that I could leave it bee... only thing I could have really done were some shrugs.

Going to spend a few hours rethinking my lifting routine... anyone have those guide lines on how many sets per group???

Stumprrp
01-28-2006, 10:14 AM
same here dude its like wtf

tigo
01-28-2006, 11:16 AM
good job on the rack pull man
and crazy being able to hold that much weight

about the sets per group thing.. i just do what feels right.. short sets on chest deads squat, longer sets on triceps abs and other

WBBIRL
01-30-2006, 04:46 PM
01/30/06

Chest/Lat

Lat Pulldowns
60x10
100x8
140x6

BB Benchpress
135x10
185x8
235x6
225x4 * These were done with 2 second pauses at the bottom of the motion, slowly*

I really powered through those 4 pause reps with 225, didnt think id even get them after the 235x6 though. meh

Pec-Deck

60x10
100x8
120x6

Just for volume

That was it, weighed in at 300 so yea weight loss for the month is 15 lbs. More focused now, and already know what im in for. Gunnin to knock off another 15 in feburary.... 10 will be the least ammount I will accept though. Strength is comming back, alittle nicer.

KevinStarke
01-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Nice benching man

WBBIRL
01-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Heh thanks..

01/31/06 Legs

BB Squats

All reps/sets were pause reps. Pause was 2 seconds, 3 on the last set.

Bar x 10
135x 5
165x 5
205x 5

Legpress

Again Pause Reps

2pps x 10
3pps x 5
4pps x 5
5pps x 5

Lying Cable Curl pause reps
60x10
100x5
120x5

SW
01-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Those pause reps sound brutal. Congrats on losing 15lbs, sounds like a half lb a day is a sensible, effective criteria. I wish you all the best in your continuance of cutting!

WBBIRL
01-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks nick, they were tough. Did them mainly to make sure that it was perfect form and I wasn't cheating in any way. That and pause reps were 1 of only 2 things I ever did for platue breakers. Figured it wouldnt hurt to work them in evey now and then.

A contiunance of my workout post, was one the phone and typing with one finger...

The pause reps were tough, but then again I did them to stay as strict as possible with form, made sure to squat to parallel and went slightly deeper with the 205 set. Didn't weigh, almost did but walked away from it. I did do 2 sets of pushups with my feet up on the bench.. figured it was BW work and just nice to warm up my chest. Diet and water consumption are pretty good as of late.. but still just not where it could be. Been usin the hell out of the blender, I find I like my protein shakes with a banana blended in there now. Made some gatorade slushie... good stuff.

WBBIRL
02-01-2006, 06:57 PM
02/01/06 Back

Bent Over BB Rows

135x10
185x8
225x6

Upright BB Rows

Bar x 10

Seated Cable Pulls

80x10
120x8
180x6

Good workout, bad day. Meh

WBBIRL
02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
No workout today, took the day off as I did back yesterday and there really was nothing to fill the gap. An extra day of rest wont hurt me.

On another good note, our gym may be getting a cyropracter (sp) to come in and work on whoever wants it for like 3-4 hours one day a week. The guy lifts in the gym and I've talked to him before. It would be nice.

Canadian Crippler
02-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Chiropracter. And that sounds like good news.

WBBIRL
02-03-2006, 03:43 PM
02/03/06

Triceps

5" Close Grip Benchpress Rack Lockouts

135x10
225x5
315x2 * just to much for my shoulders right now, not used to it*

Cable Tricep Pushdowns

90x10
150x8
180x6

Hammer Curls
20x10
30x8
40x6

This was all, forgot to weigh in... will tommorow though lol.

Stumprrp
02-03-2006, 03:47 PM
lookin good my man, getting strong

WBBIRL
02-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Shoulders were a bit sore friday night, but felt great the next morning so I guess It was just shaking the rust off lol. Might weigh today, but being presistant to wait till next friday.

KevinStarke
02-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Poser! haha good workout man nice lockouts.

WBBIRL
02-06-2006, 04:30 PM
02/06/06

Chest-Tri's

DB Benchpress

40x10
75x8
100x6

Pec-Deck

60x10
60x10
100x8
160x2

Tricep Pushdowns

120x10
180x8
210x6 (PR)

Well, got the livin hell beat out of me at work today. We had to unload a truck which had 2 heavy as hell pool tables, 2 golden tee upright golf video games, a brand new megatouch touchscreen game, and a MK3 game. Hardest part was I had to deadlift one side of the pool table (it was on its side) about 3 feet in the air for the other guy to get the cart under it. Then there was 2 of them so yea. Then the guy pulling the dolly when we were moving the golden tee fell backwards and it landed on it, in a pure rush of adrenaline (sp) I ripped it off of him and he wasnt hurt. Hetic day... went to the gym to unwind. Weighed out at 297

WBBIRL
02-07-2006, 04:09 PM
02/07/06

Legs

BB Box squats

Used a bench for the box, best I could do.

135x4 * quick warm up
225x3
315x3

Good form the whole way through, nice quick solid reps.

Lying Cable Leg Curls
60x10
80x8
100x6

Seated Leg Extention
35x10
35x10
35x10

Good day, good workout. Rest is the last step

WBBIRL
02-08-2006, 04:43 PM
02/08/06

Lats/Traps

BB Shrugs

135x10
225x8
315x6

Lat Pulldowns
100x10
120x8
140x6
100x10

DB Hammer Curls
25x10

That was all. Short intense workout... didn't weigh. Workouts are lacking strategy

Wannabelean
02-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Nice shrugs

WBBIRL
02-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Heh thanks man

Had to get off of benching 3x a week and just had to plug the hole until I can re work the workout plan to where it suits me.

WBBIRL
02-09-2006, 05:58 PM
02/09/06

Back

BB Deadlifts

135x10
225x8
315x6

Powered through every rep of every set, finished out strong with the last rep of 315

Seated Cable Rows
100x10
150x8
180x6

Strong Strong Strong.. could have repped the last two plates as well (it only goes to 200lbs)

Seated T bar rows

90x10
90x10
90x10

Awesome workout, awesome awesome.... Felt jacked after deading. Strength is comming back. Will weigh in tommorow. I hope for 295-96

Stumprrp
02-09-2006, 06:14 PM
strong workout man

WBBIRL
02-10-2006, 05:32 PM
No lifting today, didnt even weigh in. I think that somehow, worrying about my weight too much makes me want to eat. I just need to get it off my mind and I should do better.

KevinStarke
02-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Solid deads

WBBIRL
02-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks man... just dont know this is so weird.

I think its about time to try 250x5 on bench... that will be monday. I wish tonight was sunday night cuz i wana be in the gym.

WBBIRL
02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Yesterdays Chest/Tri workout

BB Benchpress

135x10
225x5
250x3
250x1 = told myself I would get 3 but the weights thought otherwize

Tricep pressdown
150x10
180x8
210x6

Skull Crushers
60x10
75x8
90x6

Todays Leg workout

BB Squats
135x10
185x5
205x5
205x5

Leg Press
3PPSx10
4PPSx5
5PPSx5

Situps

Flat with no weigh
2 sets of 15

with 45lb plate
2 sets of 15

with 100lb plate
2 sets of 15

DAMN man I powered through all of these, did the 100lb plate as easy as the no weight at all. Too bad I wont be able to do more then 100... maybe I could hold a 100lb plate and a 45 on top of it???

Over good workouts both days, didnt get 250x5 but got it pretty decent. Im benching much wider then when I hit 335. Squats were good, I owend them. Diet has been nice... right about 295lbs as of two hours ago.

Stumprrp
02-14-2006, 06:30 PM
bench strength is really comin back my man

KevinStarke
02-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Strong benching man.

WBBIRL
02-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Well.... today wasnt bad

Chest/Shoulders

Flat DB Bench
50x10

Incline DB Bench
50x10
75x8
90x4 = teh suck.... paused for whatever reason slightly morso at the bottom of the 4th rep.. the 5th felt like I had chevy's in my hands instead of DB's

Arnold Presses
20x10
20x10
35x8
45x6

Felt good.... could have gotten maybe 2 more out of the 45's

Bicep curls using curl bar
40x10
65x8
105x3

Wanted the 105x6 but to no avail... I went slow on all the reps (the downward portion and man on man were my Bi's on fire).

Situps
BWx15
BWx15

100LB Plate x 10
100LB Plate x 10

Felt good and easy... wont do anymore for about 2 weeks. Just makeing sure core strength is in order

Whole workout felt great, slight DOMS in my quads from squatting but nothing I cant handle. Might start working in some sessions on the eliptical to counter my cheating on the diet... but will have to buckle down in the end.

Stumprrp
02-15-2006, 06:57 PM
good session man, we gotta get some new pics once your at about 265! 50 lb checkup!

WBBIRL
02-15-2006, 06:58 PM
heh... that probably wont be until the end of May-June ish

My dad said I looked very good at 265... he said he really noticed the weight I put after football season one year.

Stumprrp
02-15-2006, 07:02 PM
work hard bro, work hard. its rough cutting but its gotta be done.

Canadian Crippler
02-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Why are you doing your pressing sessions so close to eachother and so often? You need to follow a real split dude, lol.

KevinStarke
02-15-2006, 07:52 PM
What the hell, 2 pressing sessions in 2 days. Whats the deal man.

WBBIRL
02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Didnt press yesterday... yesterday was a squat day. I press 3x a week... and it will be that way until I work a schedule out. But every time I get halfway through one something ****s something else up. Getting the right ammount of sets per group and working the right muslces enough is nerve racking to figure out.

KevinStarke
02-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Its not that technical man just split your days up. Are you trying to get leaner or get stronger?

WBBIRL
02-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Leaner right now, I hate the man boobs and looking like a cement mixer. I've lost 20lbs since new years but the strength has been coming back decenlty

02/16/06

Back

Seated Cable Rows

80x10
120x8
160x6

Seated T Bar Rows

90x10
180x8
180x8
270x1
270x2

The 270 may have been a bit much, couldnt get 6 like I wanted but meh. Day was good overall and wanted to keep er sweet and short.... didnt weight. I've sinned however... went to Taco Bell and had 2 crunch wrap supremes... EVIL FOOD.

KevinStarke
02-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Very cool.

WBBIRL
02-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Yesterdays workout sucked bulls...

BB Bench Press

Bar x 10
135x 10 *WTF kinda hard lmao
185x 8 *WTF rofl seeming hard
225x5 * Toast... lmao bad bad bad

Left the gym after that, those reps were all devastating... what the hell is wrong with me lol. Just an off day, I make up for it later with squats

KevinStarke
02-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Your benchin too much man your chest is probably fried.

WBBIRL
02-21-2006, 05:30 PM
2 times a week is too much????

BB Squats
135x10
185x8
245x5
315x5 = sat on a bench then stood back up
135x8

Lying Leg Curls
40x10
80x10
100x8
120x6

Not a bad workout, keep er a little short. Somehow I managed to blow like 35-40 min just squating rofl either that or I cant tell time worth crap. Its comming back, just need to stay focused on that diet.

WBBIRL
02-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Triceps/Lats

Cable Pushdowns

120x10
150x8
180x6

4" BB Power Rack Lockouts
225x8
275x6
315x6

Felt kinda good... but in a weird way it seems I did better then I should have

Lat Pulldowns
80x10
100x8
120x8
140x6
110x10

This next lift was sorta werid. I was using a station where you would do st anding flys. Adjusted the pulleys so they were sligthly above shoulder height and pressed down to my sides, me thinks its for chest.

60x10
120x8
180x6

Standing DB Skulls

75x10
90x10

Felt good, felt easy

Really hammerd the tri's this workout, it was heavier on tri work then lat work. Tonight I am dedicating 2 hours to reworking my workouts and then I play poker for money biothces

Stumprrp
02-22-2006, 06:00 PM
good workout man

KevinStarke
02-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Strong workout man, nice lockout strength.

WBBIRL
02-22-2006, 07:27 PM
I've decided that Im going with a 3 day Push Pull Legs split... a 5 on 2 off type deal. And I think every 3 months or so I throw in 2 weeks of a change up. Keeping the same split just going from 5 on 2 off to 3 on 1 off type deal. I've more or less been doing this, I just need to pick my lifts better. I dont need to be benching 3x a week.... 2x would be pushing it.

And im going to start doing ME/DE days once I figure out how to cycle them

WBBIRL
02-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Back

Seated T-Bar Rows

50x10
90x8
140x6

Rack Pulls - Saftey bars were set just below my knees

135x10
225x8
275x6

Sit-Ups

BWx20
100lb plate x 20
100lb plate x 20

WBBIRL
02-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Shoulders

DB Seated Shoulder Press
35x10
50x8
75x6

Easy Easy Easy... felt good the whole way through

BB Upright rows in teh squat rack

Bar x 10
70 x 8
135 x 3

the 135 owned me.. but its days are numberd

DB Seated Arnies

20x10
30x8
40x6

Would have started at 25x10 but for the life of me I couldnt find the other 25...

Workout today was good, shoulder were fatigued pretty well after I finished. Still sick, but thats no excuse.

KevinStarke
02-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Strong lookin workouts man, strength is looking up.

WBBIRL
02-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Squat Day

Lying Leg Curls

40x10
80x8
80x6 (slow pause reps)

BB Squat

Bar x 10
135x 8
186x 6 (last 4 were pause reps)
225x 6 (last 2 were pause reps)

BB Standing Calf Raises
315x12
365x10
405x8

Did these more for getting my back used to the weight again, but meh while im at it why not work the calfs a little.

Workout was nice today. Funny situation... while I was just about to do the 405 calf raises the guy who's coaching his son next to me looks at his son and says "You wana squat that?" and his son laughs and says "tommorows my legs day". No way in hell the kid would get it though, I've seen him strugle with 135 not more then a week ago.

WBBIRL
03-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Back

3/02/06

Seated T Bar rows
90x10
180x8
230x6

Seated Cable Rows

80x10
120x8
160x8
180x6

Rack Pulls (just under the knee)
135x10 (DO Grip)
225x8 (Mix Grip)
315x3 (Mix Grip)
405x1.5 (Mix Grip) *Staps used for this pull*

Whilst attempting the second pull at 405lbs the strap on my left hand broke in half and the sudden change in momentum made me drop the whole thing onto the power rack. Whole friggen gym looked at me like I just shot someone.

Situps
100lbs x 15
100lbs x 10

-Decline Situps
100lbs x 10
100lbs x 5

Workout was done after this, I was just so pissed that the strap broke on me... felt I had 3 reps @ 405 in me today. Strength is comming back nice... wieght loss has droped off a little. Im at about 295-296 but still workin at it.

Stumprrp
03-02-2006, 06:01 PM
ah gay that the strap broke man, where do u set the pins for rack pulls? strong.

WBBIRL
03-02-2006, 06:32 PM
This time was slightly higher as Im trying right now to focus on the last 2/3 rds of the motion. So about the 3rd pin which put my starting point just under my knees.

Stumprrp
03-02-2006, 06:58 PM
nice thats about where i do mine because i have no choice the YMCA has one 1 rack and its not to nice, about 4 inches below knees.

WBBIRL
03-03-2006, 06:34 AM
5x5 bench today

Im hopeing for 5x5 bench today. I also have to work in some trap and forearm work cuz I've been neglecting them.

WBBIRL
03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
rofl at last post, im stupid.

Chest/ Light Bi

BB Benchpress

135x10
185x5
205x5
205x5
215x5
215x5
225x5

EZ bar curls

35x10
65x8
85x6

DB Skulls

70x10

Just did these to cool off my tri's and check my wrist for pain... ****er hurt but meh

Stumprrp
03-06-2006, 05:46 PM
strong benching

WBBIRL
03-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Squats Day

Lying Leg Curls

40x10
80x8
100x6

BB Squats to parallel with slight pause

135x8
185x5
185x5
185x5
185x5
185x5

Did the 5 sets of 5 with 185 in 5 min... It was brutal for me.. in some cases I wanted to stop but just didnt. Weight is 295

WBBIRL
03-08-2006, 06:28 AM
I guess today will be a pull day... since monday was push and yesterday was squats. Goana hit up the rear delts, lats and some traps. Should make for an interesting workout.

WBBIRL
03-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Traps/Lats/Delt

To start things off the gym was ****en packed...a moron doing curls in squat rack and two other idiots using benches for curling. Made me wana spazz out and kick some ass but calmed down and tried to workout. Pissed me off though.. I bet no less then 12 people were in there at one point. About 3-4 can workout comfortable as far as machine availability is concerned.

BB upright rows

BAR x 10
75 x 8
105 x 6

Rear Delt Rows (on cable)

60x10
120x8
150x6

BB Shrugs

245x10
245x8
245x6

Seated Lat Pull Downs

80 x 10
120 x 8
140 x 6

Was all.... I REALLY hope the gym is emptier tommorow then it was today. I wont be able to deadlift with 10+ people their and that would ruin my whole day.

WBBIRL
03-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Chest/Tri Day

DB Benchpress
40x10
80x5
80x5
80x5
100x4
100x3

Tried for 100x5 but missed and got 100x4... then wanted 100x5 and figured I would power through this time and stalled at 3 reps.

Cable Tricep Pushdowns

120x10
150x8
180x6
195x6

DB skulls

35x10
35x10
75x10
75x10

SW
03-10-2006, 06:03 PM
I like those shurgs bro, def. will do you some good. Also I know from personal experience that those db skulls will kill you, be careful about your elbow tendons there and listen to them. Let the rage of the ******s fuel you to new heights on ****ING DEADLIFTS!

WBBIRL
03-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Chest/Tri's

BB Benchpress

135x10
185x8
235x4

Weird... could have easily gotten 235x6 but started thinking to myself.. I should do pause reps but wait I dont have a spotter.. well i dont need a spotter. By that point I was stalled and it was game over.

DB Skulls
35x10
75x8
90x6

Easy easy... bring it on

Pec Deck

60x10
100x8
140x6

GIT R DONE

That was all lmao.. wanted to do 2 lifts for each chest and tri's but the tri's only got DB skulls cuz I flew outa there after bench.. inono why.

Canadian Crippler
03-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Why did you do two chest/tri days in a row??

WBBIRL
03-13-2006, 06:44 PM
One was on the 10th... the other was today. Thats 72 hours inbetween sessions.

WBBIRL
03-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Pull Day

Upright BB Rows
Bar x 10

95x8
105x6

Lat Pulldowns

100x10
120x8
140x6

BB Shrugs
Bar x 10

135x10
135x10
245x8

Bent Over BB Rows

105x10
135x8
185x6

Form still needs work with these, which is why im keeping it relatively light ATM.

Cable Bicep Curls
75 x 10
105x 8
135x 6

That was pretty much all... felt pretty good. Light but enough to get a good workout. Tommorow is legs so look out squats.

WBBIRL
03-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Well had to come home from work today....

I have had a mild cold (sinus mostly) for the past few days. I felt like **** the whole day yesterday but could still work and got a decent lift in. This morning I thought I would jump the gun and took some tylenol sever cold and flu nightime. Normally Nightime medicine doesnt even phase me, not so much as a yawn... however today around 10:30 A.M. that **** hit me like a ton of bricks. They said I looked light headed and disoriented... I eventually fell down onto the floor in a seated position and threw up (laughing the whole time I might add).

PISSES ME OFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to squat today, but still im in no way to be lifting today. And im still out of it a tiny bit... tommorow I skip the push day and do my squats. Friday I deadlift.

Wannabelean
03-16-2006, 06:16 AM
That's pretty nasty man.. hahaa. I can just see a 300lb man falling onto his ass, laughing and throwing up at the same time.. Goodness gracious haha.. Well I hope ya feel better ASAP man

WBBIRL
03-16-2006, 06:31 AM
Feeling much better right now, if things stay this way squats dont have a chance

Canadian Crippler
03-16-2006, 08:15 AM
One was on the 10th... the other was today. Thats 72 hours inbetween sessions.And? Why wouldn't you do back or legs or something?

WBBIRL
03-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Inono... Im doing the Push-Pull Legs split

So it ends up Push on monday, Pull on tuesday, Legs wednesday, Pull on thursday and Push on Friday. Starts all over the same way on monday... just a brief change of pace to really work out my ****. Any advice???

Squats Day

Lying Leg Curls

70x10
90x8
110x6

BB Squats

135x8
185x6
225x3
265x2 *Might have had one more in the tank, but no spotter was around*
135x10 *Felt like air but at the last two reps were fatiguing as hell*

Situps /w 45lb plate

10 reps
10 reps
10 reps
10 reps
10 reps

*situps were done with 1 min breaks and their was nothing to support or hold down my feet. They were done on a bench but I was just lying on it*

Let me just say im still quite displeased with my squats, knowing how heavy I've gone in the past. But its progress. I put 450 on the bar uracked it and held it for a good 40 second and re racked it. I want to get my back used to the load it was once accustomed to, and this is good in that respect. Situps were unusually hard, I suspect because I had no where to lock my feet in (another guy was using that particular bench to do shoulder presses). I weighed in at 295 in my workout clothes, so meh. Now that strength is even remotely laughable I can buckle back down on the diet. And get to work on a decent routine.

Wannabelean
03-17-2006, 06:11 AM
How long ago were you squatting that heavy?? It seems that it would come back rather quickly, my leg strength never really left even when I didn't work them for months at a time due to injuries.

Nice workout dude

WBBIRL
03-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Its been going on three years since I've gone "heavy" on squats. In 10th grade I've squated over 500lbs but I know it wasnt to parallel (close but close doesnt count). Squating got much harder after I left highschool and learned to do it right (that and the 3 year gap with no squatting did me no favors. Still though when I squatted 5XXlbs I could box squat 425 for reps (3-5). It will be quite some time before im back to that level once more.... I pulled over 400lbs with a hex bar and am getting close with a barbell. Today im going to dead and I hope to end out with 365x3 or 4.

But my body is weird... a 4 month break has devastaed my strength. When I quit I could benchpress 335... starting back I couldnt do 225x4. Rests kill me... atleast ones longer then a week.

KevinStarke
03-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Your body's definitelly a slow repsonder. I dont know if anyone remember when I dissapeared from the boards when I was homeless for a time period but I travelled around New England on a drug binge eating crap and not lifting anything heavier than a bong. I dropped from 155 to 138-139 and when I came back it took 3-4 weeks to not only gain what I lost back but I even gained weight and am now 160. Are you doing anything DRASTICALLY different than you were doing in highschool?

WBBIRL
03-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Back Day

Rack Pulls from lowest Pin
135x12
135x10
225x5
315x3
365x3 *had lots left in the tank*

Seated Shoulder Press
30x10
30x10
60x8
75x3 *missed 4th rep.. bombed the set out*

Arnold Presses
20x10
30x8
30x8
30x8
30x8

Felt good

Seated Cable Rows

60x10
100x10
140x8
180x6
200x3

Felt good... real good.

Workout in whole was nice, feeling strong. Didnt weigh out though....

@ Kev

One thing thats very different, atleast for me, is not having a dedicated/motivated parterner of similar strength with similar goals like back in HS. My body has always been slow to respond, I dont know why.. but when the trains rooling things are good.

WBBIRL
03-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Chest/Tri's (Push Day)

Random Streching

DB Skulls

25x10
50x8
80x6

Felt good, didnt want to go too heavy

BB Bench

135x10
185x5
225x3
250x5
135x10 * 3 second pause at the bottom of each rep for this set *

The 250x5 felt great, first 3 reps were easier then the set of 225. Stalled at the top portion of the last rep, but for some damn reason my triceps were screaming the whole session.... almost enough to tear my eyes. PAINFULL... stopped right after the workout though... meh

Standing Tricep Cable Pushdowns

75x10
120x8
165x6

Incline DB Bench Press

20x10
50x8
65x6

These were hard, considering my triceps were about to explode at this point. Got em done though

That was everything, my workouts need either A) more intensity or B) more volume. Either way I deff need more strategy behind them

Stumprrp
03-20-2006, 06:26 PM
very nice bench! where do you place your hands?

WBBIRL
03-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Now I do pinkys on the rings, before it was closer in... I would say splitting the difference from the textured part of the bar to the rings. Benching wider is feeling much more powerfull for me.. just wideing up my grip got me past my 280 platue and powered me to 335 in about 2 months.

Stumprrp
03-20-2006, 07:01 PM
cool, im out to about ring finger on the ring on flat and index on the ring on incline, love the wide on incline.

WBBIRL
03-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Yea, to each his own I guess. I like benching wide but if I get much wider then I am my #'s go to ****.

Wannabelean
03-21-2006, 05:54 AM
Nice work man.. Getting back up there

Canadian Crippler
03-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Great work Earl, everything is coming along well Earl.

WBBIRL
03-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks guys

3/21/06

Pull Day - Light/Speed

Seated Lat Pulldowns

80x10
100x8
120x6

Seated DB wrist curls
20x10
35x8
55x6

Seated DB reverse wrist curls
10x10
15x8
20x6

These reverse curls were just a weird motion, and it seemed like it was harder to hold the weight then it was to reverse wrist curl it.

Upright EZ bar rows

65x10
75x8
85x6

DB Shrugs

20x10
40x8
60x6

AB work

Flat situps
45lb plate x 25
45lb plate x 25

BW X 25
BW X 25
BW X 25

Did more stretching today then usual, but hey it cant hurt right. This workout was decent, but im still searching/thinking invain of what routine to use. Im trying to base it off of what I've done before, a routine in which I've made impressive (I think) gains for the time frame. But I've also got to account im doing/working alot more muscle groups then I was before and that im also cutting right now (eternally slowly might I add). Its going to be a brain racker... but its worth it.