PDA

View Full Version : Water makes me thirsty

ShockBoxer
11-29-2005, 12:58 PM
I've been trying to drink more water recently. I find the more I drink the drier my throat becomes which makes me thirsty for more water. Every time I reach for my glass of water because I'm thirsty it's empty.

Weird as hell.

Oh well... as long as that's not a symptom for some crazy condition I guess it doesn't matter. Just tired of being thirsty all the time from drinking 8 glasses of water while at the office alone.

WBBIRL
11-29-2005, 01:17 PM
YOur a VAMIPRE.... you cant satisfy the THIRST.

Anthony
11-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Are you drinking the water out of the Halifax Harbour?

Utopianhopes
11-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah, it occurs to me often. I usually carry a bottle of water every where I go. The only thing I have notice is the changes in my bodyweight. I tend to drop the water weight after intensive lifting and/or cardio (I start to sweat easily). I wouldn't think much of it unless you plan to run a marathon. They are the only ones that I know of who risk overhydration.

ShockBoxer
11-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Are you drinking the water out of the Halifax Harbour?

I said water makes me thirsty, not 'water has rotted my teeth, made my hair fall out, had me develop gill-slits, fused my appendages together, blinded me, given me a distinctive hump, and burned my insides to the point where all I can do is roar incoherrantly about the cruelty of my fate' :D

It's annoying enough that I barely touch water (maybe four glasses a day) on days when I'm at home and don't have access to the water cooler.

waynis
11-29-2005, 01:35 PM
water makes you thirsty.. hmm... I don't think it's the water. Something else is going on here.

getfit
11-29-2005, 01:38 PM
maybe you're diabetic

gator
11-29-2005, 01:40 PM
I think I'm the same. I could go 12 hours with out drinking anything. Then If I drink a glass of water I start drinking more and more.

ShockBoxer
11-29-2005, 02:04 PM
maybe you're diabetic

This is not outside the realm of possibility. Nobody in my family has it, though, and I'm not the fattest by far (even farther now that I'm down to 160).

Hmm. It has been more than a year since I had bloodwork done.

With the amount of jumping between healthy and junk food I do all the time shouldn't I be sick if I was?

getfit
11-29-2005, 02:05 PM
This is not outside the realm of possibility. Nobody in my family has it, though, and I'm not the fattest by far (even farther now that I'm down to 160).

With the amount of jumping between healthy and junk food I do all the time shouldn't I be sick if I was?
didn't want to shock you when i posted that, but i've heard and read that constant thirst can be a sign of diabetes, hope not for you

ShockBoxer
11-29-2005, 02:22 PM
I was told by doctors I'd quite possibly be dead by 30 and I'm 30 in 29 days. Nothing shocks me any longer.

I'll work it into my annual check-up (along with my now 95% healed shoulder) when I finally get to see a doc (someday.... someday. Damn doctor shortage.)

waynis
11-29-2005, 02:33 PM

Not everyone experiences the same symptoms. There's no ideal look to be able to tell if someone is diabetic. You can have a sixpack working out for years and eat healthy and be a diabetic or you could be some fat slob. Maybe you will be lucky and have low blood sugar or be borderline diabetic. Then you can start making changes now to avoid further damage.

I'd look into it as well.

getfit
11-29-2005, 02:34 PM
I was told by doctors I'd quite possibly be dead by 30 and I'm 30 in 29 days. Nothing shocks me any longer.

I'll work it into my annual check-up (along with my now 95% healed shoulder) when I finally get to see a doc (someday.... someday. Damn doctor shortage.)
good luck :)

spencerjrus
11-29-2005, 05:04 PM
This happens to me as well, and I'm definetley NOT diabetic, so there is probably another explanation.

Bohizzle
11-29-2005, 05:50 PM
I'd say if you were a diabetic you'd feel a lot more than thirsty. If you weren't getting enough insulin, you'd be constantly hungry, constantly wanting to throw up and constantly having the ****s. of course results may vary :).

Andrew

edit. come to think of it, i saw a show last night, (i believe it was grey's anatomy) and on eof the patients on the show was crazily thirsty, as in he'd drink out of the toilet when no one was looking, etc. However, something was wrong with his brain, i believe in the hypothalamus... or maybe it was his thyroid gland... i dunno. something of the sort lol. well that's not very helpful now is it.