PDA

View Full Version : A.M. Hunger

-TIM-
11-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I've noticed that I get horrible hunger pains when I wake up ONLY when I stuff my face before going to bed the night before. What's up with this? If I eat a small meal, or don't eat a few hours before turning in for the night, then I wake up feeling fine. Is there a reason for this?

getfit
11-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Tim, what's your definition of stuffing your face before bed?

what exactly do you eat?

-TIM-
11-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Well last night I ate a 8 oz chicken sandwich, 4-6 oz portion of baked fish, garlic mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. Washed it down with some milk and then turned in about an hour later. I was very full. This morning my stomach felt soooo empty, and it kind of hurt. It only happens if I eat a full meal before going to bed.

Scooter
12-01-2005, 08:15 AM
This could be from your stomach increasing in size the night before so when you wake up you feel like you will only be satisfied if you eat that size of a meal. If you eat nothing at night your stomach will shrink and you won't feel as hungry.

pruneman
12-01-2005, 10:44 AM
I remember hearing something about how eating right before bed increases stomach acid during the night and makes you hungrier in the AM.

lifter4life
12-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Man i hate those pains, it's like someone is grabbing your stomach and twisting it. It sucks

spencerjrus
12-01-2005, 04:07 PM
This could be from your stomach increasing in size the night before so when you wake up you feel like you will only be satisfied if you eat that size of a meal. If you eat nothing at night your stomach will shrink and you won't feel as hungry.

I remember hearing something about how eating right before bed increases stomach acid during the night and makes you hungrier in the AM.

I think both of these are correct. I have this problem too. (if you can call it a problem. A.M. gorging for the win)