PDA

View Full Version : Best foods low in carbs high in fats\proteins?

tigo
11-30-2005, 03:34 AM
hey guys i'm still on my carb cycling cut diet and i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for foods to place in my diet during my nonlift low carb days.
it's really easy for me to get enough protein\carbs, but the hardest thing for me to do is get enough fat. and i'd rather not eat 20 fish\flax oil pills a day haha

thanks in advance

ps: avocados is out because they don't sell them at the market..

currently all i have on this list is: butter, oil, almonds, eggs, but nuts have a buncha carbs too
is cheese good?

Utopianhopes
11-30-2005, 04:25 AM
List from "what a bodybuilder eats..."
Natural Style Peanut Butter
Olive oil, Safflower oil
Flaxseed oil
Fish Oil
Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts)

For me, I usually add tablespoons of natural peanut butter to my protien shakes (I tend to have to eat on the go) and use oliver oil when cooking food.

HILL
11-30-2005, 04:33 AM
get a nice peace of steak some salad and olive oil. i actually just drizzle olive oil over steak and eat it like that. u can do this with almost all meats really

dissipate
11-30-2005, 06:40 AM
i'm doing a CKD and have been consuming

whole eggs
chicken breast
fish
olive oil
avocadoes
natural PB
nuts
fish oil caps
mayo
cott cheese

if steak wasn't so expensive i'd have it everyday... filling and high in protein + fat

cheese is fine if you don't mind saturated fats. once the fat loss starts stalling, try replacing it with better fats like olive oil.

Y0yo
11-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Cheese is great. You need some sat. fats...why not get it from CHEESE...I like cheese.

Olive oil is great too, but can get boring IMO. Switch it up with sesame oil, or something with a little bit of a different flavor.

tigo
11-30-2005, 10:15 PM
thanks guys.. never thought i could drizzle oil over meat, i'll try it next time.

Built
11-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Fry your steak in butter. That's what I do.

Shao-LiN
11-30-2005, 10:20 PM
thanks guys.. never thought i could drizzle oil over meat, i'll try it next time.

Why did you think you couldn't put oil on meat?

tigo
12-01-2005, 02:57 AM
well not that i never thought i could
it just never crossed my mind to add anything besides hot sauce to meat -_-

samj
12-05-2005, 03:56 PM
corned beef high in protein half of which fat and no carbs or tuna or cheese or mince etc etc