PDA

View Full Version : Need to cut Slow....

JoeG
12-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Here's the story, about three yeas ago I got up to almost 300lbs. Well on a 5' 10" frame that is no good at all. So I got disgusted and lost down to around 175 lbs in about ten months. Well I was a lot lighter but I felt terrible. Started working out and now I'm back up to 215lbs. My rountine although it wasn't very good did put a lot more muscle on me.

Now I am using a much better routine and I want to do a pretty slow cut. I figure my maintence is about 3000 calories. so I am going to try and drop down to about 2600 calories a day. I do have two problems though.

1. It is a lot easier for me to just cut carbs really low than to try and balance them.

2.At least two of my meals will need to be of the protein drink varity. So I need a protein drink that is high protein, fairly low calories, low carbs and here is the kicker. I would prefer it not taste so bad as to make me want to just skip it.

Any suggestions?

getfit
12-01-2005, 08:45 AM
have a look at Nitrean atlarge nutrition

Utopianhopes
12-01-2005, 12:45 PM
For #1 you don't have to cut carbs to an extremely low number. You should think first of getting in your protein and fat needs then look at playing around with your carbs. I would suggest you to search built's porifle and post. She has a great diet scheme to do a slow cut.

Preview of it
"I'm in maintenance right now. I alter the calories up or down depending if I'm bulking or cutting.

Basically, it's structured around the protein - 1.2-1.5g per pound, roughly, fats >0.5g/lb lbm for endocrine support**, satiety and as a caloric ballast, carbs added in around lifting."