PDA

View Full Version : cheat day question

AzBboy
12-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Hi loc dawgs. I had a cheat day question. I havent had a cheat in 20 weeks, and decided to throw one in today. My cheat is a lil different from a standard cheat tho. On my cheat, I'm gonna eat my normal, clean foods (with the exception of a few energy drinks probly,) but only eat like 3 meals. I'm so sick of food, and my body was refusing my breakfast today. I probly wont achieve 2500 - 3000 cals today, whereas my norm is 3700 a day. Is it ok to do a reverse cheat, a day where you just relax and don't eat much? I know the risks of catabolism, but will one day really matter? Plus, I'm still recovering from my deadlifts 2 days ago, am I canceling out my training day by not eating today? Thanks bunches everyone.

getfit
12-04-2005, 11:00 AM
energy drinks!!

just enjoy a cheat, order a pizza

AzBboy
12-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Honestly, cheat foods don't appeal to me one bit, I would truly love my cheat day eating clean, only eating much less cals than my goals require. So before this post veers off track, the question is will this low-cal day cancel out my training that my body is still trying to recover from?

Shao-LiN
12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Well, doesn't really fit into the cheat day classification.

In any event, one day...1 day in the last 20 weeks.

Unreal
12-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Do whatever you want. One day means nothing. Especially if your going 20 weeks spot on. You could eat nothing for a day and in the long run it won't matter. So do what you want. Whatever makes you happy.

Geeper
12-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Honestly if you have done 20 weeks of training and dieting with no cheating, you hate eating and your body is "refusing" meals... odds are you are over training/burnt out or on the verge of over training and burning out and should just take a week or two off, do no lifting, eat what ever you want. Burning out can be purely a mental thing too, and you sound like you're there...
Most people who do take such a break come back stronger, and more enthusiast than before.... Think about it
As for your cheat, well, I guess it's debatable how many nutrients your body needs to recover and repair the damage you did during your last workout (or 2 or 3 workouts, remember some body parts take days of recovery) and if your reverse cheat gave your body enough or if you just voided those workouts.

Shao-LiN
12-04-2005, 04:02 PM
In the end, it's one day. If you're that obsessed about it, eat more the next day. Problem solved.

AzBboy
12-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Hell ya, today was fun, I didn't eat anything outside my diet, but just relaxed, didnt count any cals, and ate when I wanted. I ate a crapload more than I expected, maybe I did make my cals. Thanks everyone!