PDA

View Full Version : Diet reccomendations

Sul Train
12-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey all...I'm an FNG here on the forums, and figured my first post (aside from the intro one I made) would be in regards to my diet...because it's most definitely the weak link in my bodybuilding plans.

The major issue I have with my diet is balance. I don't do a 5-6 meal a day thing (although I should). I'd say the reason for this is because of my schedule, but that just comes off as an excuse, and like they say...they're like ***holes, everyone has 'em and they all stink.

The other side of the coin with balance is the calorie intake. For a while near the end of the summer I was taking in 3500-4000 calories per day. That was quite a jump from my under 1000 before. I'm somewhat chunky, but it's mostly in the gut (beer)...I used to eat maybe one meal a day because I was working the whole time. So adjusting to 3 was a step up, and one I've kept down even now.

The problem now is healthy calories. I'm eating 3 meals a day but they're not really beneficial for weightlifting.

Breakfast- Bowl of Cereal or Bagel with OJ/Milk
Lunch- Sandwich, Granola bar, Drink
Dinner- Full Meal at home

I want to fine tune it (especially my snacks, what to cut out, what to keep), but also introduce shakes/supplements into the fray.

I do the shake thing right now but it's sporadic at best. Some weeks I'll be locked on and bring shaker bottles to work and school, others I'll completely forget. Usually I down Protein and Weight Gainer when I get home from the gym (about an hour before bed)...but I know there's a better way.

Ultimately I'm aiming to put on size (at least for the winter), so that when the spring comes I can cut up and look bigger. It's just tough getting a good diet for mass (but one that doesn't turn you into a fat slob).

Sorry for the long winded post. Any ideas?

getfit
12-04-2005, 02:06 PM
a good read for you
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=65848

joberly
12-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Why are ya taking weight gainer if you're chunky? It's just a ****load of extra calories you don't need. Find out what you need to maintain your weight and go from there... FitDay works wonders!