PDA

View Full Version : bulking question and creatine question

Fenixfan08
12-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Alright well i have been bulking for about 6 weeks taking in about 3300 calories a day. I have gained about 2 pounds. Is it because im converting all my fat i had into muscle right now? or is it because im running or something to much? I do alot of spints because i have to stay flexible for football next year. Do you think i might be burning to many calories or something?

and

I have another question about creatine. I went to the local GNC thinking yea i will just come in here and pick up some creatine, but i had no clue what kind to pick. I didnt know there was so many choices. Right now it take 100% why protein before and after my workout if that has anything to do with my choice of what creatine to take. So what kind of creatine do you think i should take.

Thanks For All The Help

Fenixfan08

Slim Schaedle
12-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Is it because im converting all my fat i had into muscle
Fat (adipose tissue) does not turn into muscle tissue.

The simple answer to gain more weight is to eat more. Or take out some of the activties that require calories. Your choice.

Shao-LiN
12-04-2005, 04:06 PM
As Slim said, fat doesn't turn into muscle. You can burn off fat and gain muscle, but one doesn't magically convert into the other. Whether or not you are burning fat and gaining muscle (which is somewhat common in people new to dieting and training correctly), is out for debate since I have no idea what your body composition started at and what it is now.

In the case that you are just gaining weight really slowly, the answer is that you aren't eating enough.

As for which creatine to take, pure creatine monohydrate is just fine.

Fenixfan08
12-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Alright thanks for all the help. I meant buring the fat and getting muscle. I know it cant just change. I guess I'll try to eat more then i already do and maybe slim down on the sprints a little.
Thank You
Fenixfan08

Jorge Sanchez
12-04-2005, 07:24 PM
That's going to be a tough goal to reach. You really better start packing in the calories immediately.

Two pounds in six weeks will not get you there.

Fenixfan08
12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Yes its a big goal i really want to reach but with the way i have been burning calories im really going to have to take in alot more. Its kind of hard to afford all of the supplemention that could be used to gain. And if i did take the creatine you recommend when is the right times to take it?
Thanks Alot
cody

muscleup
12-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Food is the best supplement.

Slim Schaedle
12-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Its kind of hard to afford all of the supplemention that could be used to gain.
Key words are "could be used"

You don't need loads of protein powder, etc to gain weight.

Shao-LiN
12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Yes its a big goal i really want to reach but with the way i have been burning calories im really going to have to take in alot more. Its kind of hard to afford all of the supplemention that could be used to gain. And if i did take the creatine you recommend when is the right times to take it?
Thanks Alot
cody

You can easily gain w/o supplementation. Considering you're new to all of this, you'll be able to make great gains. If you insist on doing cardio (note: burns more calories), then of course you'll need to increase your calorie intake to compensate for the negated calorie balance.

As for when to take creatine, run a search on creatine. There are a few hundred threads on it with every possible question you would probably think of to ask us.

Jorge Sanchez
12-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I've never taken creatine, and I haven't taken protein powder in the past six months, during which time I have seen my best gains.

As Slim already said, supplements are not necessary, especially if you are just starting out.