PDA

View Full Version : George Foreman grill...

dw06wu
12-04-2005, 03:50 PM
I just picked one of these up. I must say, if you are a college student/bachelor who sucks at making your own food and/or hates taking the time to make your own food, you have to get one. The heating from both sides cooks the stuff in half the time, and you don't have to do ****. It's awesome.

Shao-LiN
12-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Was only a matter of time before one of these sprouted up again, hehe.

Mercuryblade
12-04-2005, 04:14 PM
That and a quesadilla (spelling?) maker, so many delicious calories can be put into a quesadilla.

Optimum08
12-04-2005, 04:57 PM
yes george foreman plus a quesadilla maker are probably the two best appliances for guys (or girls) that can't cook or are too lazy to cook...

Anthony
12-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Cuisinart makes a grill that puts the George Foreman to shame. But the GF is still pretty good.

kad
12-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Yeah, the GF's are great. I just saw the new ones at Walmart today. They look a lot nicer than the original one that I have.

Anthony, do you have a link for the Cuisinart grill? I found this (http://www.cuisinart.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi/en/item.cgi?item_id=GR-4), not sure if it's what you're talking about or not. I'm in the market for a new grill soon.

Anthony
12-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Jordan - that's the grill! So far I've done beef, chicken breasts, pork chops, bacon, and eggs. All turned out perfectly. I want to try a few recipes from the book and give the paninis a shot before I put up a full review. What I can say is that the construction is 1000x better than the george foreman - it's heavy and sturdy versus the flimsy plastic feel of the george foreman. It's super easy to clean with the removable trays, although I know most of the new grills have these. But this one won't stain around the back edges like the white GF. Anyway, I'll have all this posted within the next couple of weeks.