PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Weekend: Feeling very guilty.

ShadyRensch
12-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Alright so I've been cutting for about two months now, with pretty good results I think. I've been getting compliments and stuff, and I think i'm losing fat. But man these weekends have been rough sometimes. For example, since Friday, I have been pretty much eating whatever I want leading into today. I drank Friday and Saturday with my friends, (yes I'm a college student). And it just makes me feel so bad mentally. I live with 3 roommates who really nag on me for eating so well and I dont know. And each day this weekend, I had it planned out what I was going to eat, not even going to cheat, then it's like all the sudden I switch and eat everything in sight. I'm really determined to go for awhile now without cheating, but do you think this weekend put a pretty big dent into my progress so far? I started at about 200 pounds, and before Thanksgiving I weighed in at about 188. I stepped on the scale in the locker room tonight and it said 200. I really hope it was due to the fact that I was wearing clothes, and that I had eaten soon before. I'm sure this weekend did something, but I hope it wasn't real bad. Ahhh, this is pretty much a vent post so say what you want, it's probably too long to read anyway.

Jorge Sanchez
12-04-2005, 09:35 PM
The impact will be next to nothing.

ShockBoxer
12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Definitely. I've been cutting on 1800 and I ate 4000 cals on Friday. No change on the scale at all.

ShadyRensch
12-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Should I go real low tomorrow calorie wise? Also, I have been cutting at 1900, how much do you weigh ShockBoxer? I'm thinking of bumping down to 1800 or so too. If that's even much of a difference, I"m not sure, but I've kind of gotten stuck lately, this last phase has been tough.

tigo
12-05-2005, 02:43 AM
the 200 lb will drop after you digest it all
cuz honestly.. 12 lb in 4 days.. thats you going on like a 39000 calorie surplus ABOVE your maintence

no man, don't worry about it. you say you got stuck on a plateau? then the cheat meal was probably good for you.. boosts your metabolism so you start losing fat again.

also if you go down that low... to 1800, realize taht only really leads to around 50 carbs. if youre going at least .5g fat\lb and 1g protein\lb

getfit
12-05-2005, 02:47 AM
Think long term, not one day or one wknd, it honestly doesn't make a difference.

ShockBoxer
12-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Should I go real low tomorrow calorie wise? Also, I have been cutting at 1900, how much do you weigh ShockBoxer? I'm thinking of bumping down to 1800 or so too. If that's even much of a difference, I"m not sure, but I've kind of gotten stuck lately, this last phase has been tough.

1800 took me from 180 to 162, but I've been stuck floating there (161-163) for a few weeks. Part of the reason I decided to chow down for a week (did 2400 average last week, including a few days above 3k). Either it will restart the metabolism or help me determine my new maintenance calories so I can cut appropriately.

Clifford Gillmore
12-05-2005, 08:15 AM
12 lb in 4 days.. thats you going on like a 39000 calorie surplus ABOVE your maintence

That sounds like a challenge.

BigOldDad
12-05-2005, 08:19 AM
I think your realizing it and knowing that you need to stay on the right track is the most important part. Clear the mind of last weekend and put back in it that idea of working hard toward your goals!!! Sounds to me your probably doing pretty well since I am sure you are under allot of peer pressure. Keep striving!!

ShockBoxer
12-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Not much of a healthy challenge. You'd have to drink a liter of natural peanut butter or eat a liter of butter (dig in... it's like ice cream! Only... buttery....) to stand a chance. Maybe both. Or eat like a sumo wrestler (hit an all you can eat chinese buffet three times a day for four days and go heavy on the chicken balls and egg rolls).

samj
12-05-2005, 11:28 AM
cheat once week with no difference

Shao-LiN
12-05-2005, 07:08 PM

My advice is to stop being obsessive compulsive and just resume your diet.

Optimum08
12-05-2005, 08:13 PM
My advice is to stop being obsessive compulsive and just resume your diet.

:withstupi

Mercuryblade
12-05-2005, 08:52 PM
. I drank Friday and Saturday with my friends, (yes I'm a college student).
Beer and Jimmy John's is the best cheat day/night ever. 12 Beers at approximately 110 calories a piece equals 1320 calories in beer alone.

PBX4Sho
12-05-2005, 08:55 PM
gotta stay sane. i usually cheat a little on fri. and sat. just because i'm out w/ my friends and fast food is the place we go then. I still drop lbs.

ShadyRensch
12-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah, thanks guys. Got back on track today, and I feel pretty good now. I guess there's just a driving force inside of me always trying to perfect things, I mean I came from being very fat, and now that I'm down to 190ish, whenever I do cheat I feel bad. But it's good to know that it actually should help rev up metabolism.

dw06wu
12-05-2005, 11:39 PM
2 days of cheating cannot destroy a weeks worth of strict diet. Just try your best not to cheat too bad when you do.

RobrheBert
12-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, thanks guys. Got back on track today, and I feel pretty good now. I guess there's just a driving force inside of me always trying to perfect things, I mean I came from being very fat, and now that I'm down to 190ish, whenever I do cheat I feel bad. But it's good to know that it actually should help rev up metabolism.

Hey there. Dont sweat it man, but looking at your fitday it looks like you could use a bit more protien and less carbs. You might shed faster. But i'm no pro at this. Just my opinion.

tigo
12-06-2005, 05:52 PM
^ just looked at it and i agree... your protein levels go below 100g on some days........ o.O

ShadyRensch
12-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Alright, I'll try to work on this, I'm always looking for a way to kick this last bit of fat off. Up proteins, lower carbs.

tigo
12-06-2005, 11:17 PM
200g protein and at least 95g fats a day

fill up the rest with wahtever you want
cabs, protein, fat whatever

note: ijsut had a double mushroom cheeseburger with bacon
:drooling: :drooling: :burger: :burger:

HobbsE46
12-07-2005, 12:01 PM
In most cases, 2 days of cheating will reuslt in severe water bloat at most. GEt back on track and youll be good to go:)

ShadyRensch
12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Yo, 95 g of fat for real??? usually get less than 50 by far, you're tellin me kickin up my fat to 90ish will help me LOSE fat??

Also, check out my fitday today, I think I got closer to what your saying. Around 150 carbs, is that good, or should I go lower, and I know the fats aren't as high as you were saying but I will implement that from now on.

Shao-LiN
12-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Why, you think eating fat will make you fat or something?

ShadyRensch
12-08-2005, 11:35 AM
^Haha, well it's not the craziest idea I would ever have. But I will get them up.