PDA

View Full Version : pre-post workout meal timming and food choices

big calvin
12-05-2005, 12:53 AM
a question i cant seem to figure out for myself is this past week i started weight lifting again after a very long layoff now this is my problem i train at about 11:20pm. i work till 11pm and the time i have my last break is somewere around 9pm now the only thing i do is eat protein bars,shakes and peanuts at work on my lunch and break but i feel like its not anough im hungry while im training and starving by the time i get home at around 12 or 10 after were ill drink a whey protein shake and then eat a whole meal like chicken and fruits and then go to sleep about 1:30. im trying to lose bodyfat so i know the fruit isnt great but since its after the workout i dont think its so bad. now to my questions is peanuts at 9pm anough for my workout at 11:20? or should i have something at 11? maybe more peanuts or a bar or shake. i try to keep most the day as low carb as i can and only have carbs around my workout (i do sometimes have pasta or rice) but i really want to get strict with it all and whas something that will last for energy for 3-4 hours or something very quick and light i can eat 20min. before my workout?

thank you

Built
12-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Try a shake with powdered oats.

big calvin
12-05-2005, 10:52 AM
at 9pm? powdered oats never heard of it but sounds good thanks built

Built
12-05-2005, 01:23 PM
It was kinda hard to read your post - no white space, little punctuation.

Wanna try to clarify what your problem is? Do you go home after work before you train? Is there some reason why you feel that protein bars are reasonable approximations to food?

big calvin
12-05-2005, 11:28 PM
i get to work and the last time i can eat is 9pm

i get out at 11pm

go to the gym at 11:20pm

get home about 12 or 12:10am and have whey protein and maybe fruit

wha im asking is wha can i eat at 9pm so i have energy for my 11:20pm workout or should i have something at 11pm even if im training in less then 20 min.? i guess thats my question wha to eat and when...pre workout mainly i kno wha i have 2 eat after

thanks

big calvin
12-06-2005, 10:18 PM
ttt